faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
One-touch window closing is called "express-up" in regulatory language, and is regulated because the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is concerned about arms, legs or necks getting stuck in windows that go up by themselves.
Okay, but this remote closing is not a one-touch or express-up operation. This remote control is the window closes (or opens) slowly and steadily only while pushing and holding the lock/unlock button. As soon as you release the button, the window stops moving. There is no added hazard in using this kind of control, compared to pulling and holding the button on the door only until the first click. You are responsible for alerting, looking at, and listening to any passengers while the window is closing in either case, and even more urgently so in the case of express-up (that is, the door control is pulled up until the double-click).

But the remote closing is not like express-up at all.
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
This is why/how mods4cars makes teh benjamins in North America.

I just heard from them that they haven’t had the opportunity to look at a Taycan yet, but if there’s someone close to their location in Vegas that’s interested, there might be something in it for you.:fingerscrossed:

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I was pleasantly surprised that when holding down the lock button to close the windows, the mirrors folded up too. I find this really useful since i normally keep the mirrors out, walk out of the car and then sometimes wish they were folded. Never had this feature before and love it.
In case you aren't aware you can set the mirrors to fold automatically on locking in the PCM - Vehicle Settings - Vehicle Locking System - Fold in Exterior mirrors when Locking. Appreciate some people like to leave them unfolded too.

Porsche Taycan Using keys to close windows 1626332896334

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Okay, but this remote closing is not a one-touch or express-up operation. This remote control is the window closes (or opens) slowly and steadily only while pushing and holding the lock/unlock button. As soon as you release the button, the window stops moving. There is no added hazard in using this kind of control, compared to pulling and holding the button on the door only until the first click. You are responsible for alerting, looking at, and listening to any passengers while the window is closing in either case, and even more urgently so in the case of express-up (that is, the door control is pulled up until the double-click).

But the remote closing is not like express-up at all.
All (most) car have anti-trap safety features to prevent one-touch closing / express up causing harm if blocked - same as rear trunk / boot.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All (most) car have anti-trap safety features to prevent one-touch closing / express up causing harm if blocked - same as rear trunk / boot.
Yes, but that one-touch closing / express up rule and/or safety feature has nothing to do with this remote closing function, which is not one-touch closing / express up, because you have to keep holding the remote key's lock button for the window to continue closing. So, this remote closing function is NOT one-touch. Are we clear about this distinction?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, but that one-touch closing / express up rule and/or safety feature has nothing to do with this remote closing function, which is not one-touch closing / express up, because you have to keep holding the remote key's lock button for the window to continue closing. So, this remote closing function is NOT one-touch. Are we clear about this distinction?
No need to SHOUT!

I don't think anyone was disagreeing on this particular 1st world problem.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No need to SHOUT!

I don't think anyone was disagreeing on this particular 1st world problem.
Ahh! My bad.

My apologies to any injured eardrums.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC