hwillz1227

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
coming from an AMG car that can close all windows remotely by long-pressing the lock button on the key. Does Porsche also have this function?:movember:
Sponsored

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
I'm wondering the same thing. I have a BMW M4 and coded a lot of features such as windows up or down with the remote. But can't find any information regarding being able to code that in as well.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Maybe Mods4cars will make a RemoteKEY at some point.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had a VW Golf GTi that did this about 20+ years ago but haven’t had a car since that does it :)

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
…For Your Protection. ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
coming from an AMG car that can close all windows remotely by long-pressing the lock button on the key. Does Porsche also have this function?:movember:
Yes it does.

Suggest reading the manual or download Porsche Good To Know App for details.

Porsche Taycan Using keys to close windows Screenshot_20210714-070130_Porsche Good to know

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
My Turbo doesn't do this when I long press the lock/unlock button on my driver's key.

I don't see any way to activate this function. This doesn't appear in my manual nor in my Good to Know app.

How do you activate the function in the central display?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My Turbo doesn't do this when I long press the lock/unlock button on my driver's key.

I don't see any way to activate this function. This doesn't appear in my manual nor in my Good to Know app.

Read you manual? In the vehicle settings in PCM.

OP
OP
hwillz1227

hwillz1227

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

This is strange. I am not able to find anything relates to remote windows control either in manual or PCM. But some ppl say there are. Probably model differences across the world?

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Pretty common mistake.
The info is out there somwhere on the internet as to why, BUT;

europe can close windows with the above method. NA has this feature disabled.
Is coding a thing on Porsche's? Coming from the BMW community you could hook up a laptop and "re-enable" some of these features that were disabled for the NA market. (Headlights that move/ window closing etc).

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Is coding a thing on Porsche's? Coming from the BMW community you could hook up a laptop and "re-enable" some of these features that were disabled for the NA market. (Headlights that move/ window closing etc).
Yes, my MINI Cooper S has this feature, and I believe it was one of the options that had to be enabled by the BMW dealership's service people, back when I bought it in 2004.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Doubt it. Porsche will have locked this down.

Don't understand why this feature would be excluded in any market. It is a feature of all Porsches and has been for years

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
One-touch window closing is called "express-up" in regulatory language, and is regulated because the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is concerned about arms, legs or necks getting stuck in windows that go up by themselves. In 2011, NHTSA noted that carmakers selling in this country were complying voluntarily with an arcane United Nations Economic Commission for Europe standard that dictates such window behavior. Later, US regulations extended that to cover any car window that can be closed remotely, either via key fob or an app.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/why-car-power-windows-work-differently/

edit:
yes, i would strongly believe that this could be done trough "coding". But coding of old where basicly bit values for true/false, 0/1, on open memory tables in simple controllers. I would be surprised if the programming of newer platforms kept this "out in the open" and externally accessible. I would bet my left eye-lid that this is now solved in a 20 year more modern method (encryption? cloud-linked?), and you would need a PIWIS and probably change a shit ton of settings. Something i also would guess would be taken very serious by the gents int Stuttgart(as in someone would get fired), if even possible.

Last edited:

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
I was pleasantly surprised that when holding down the lock button to close the windows, the mirrors folded up too. I find this really useful since i normally keep the mirrors out, walk out of the car and then sometimes wish they were folded. Never had this feature before and love it.
Sponsored