punkdad2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa GTS, Cayenne, S550 Cab
Country flag
This has been an interesting several months. Put my initial deposit down two years ago, And my build deposit in September 2019. Since then I have been given several delivery dates: Jan 2020, Mar 2020, May 2020 (then COVID hit), July 2020 and now back to Jun 2020. All my dealer can say is the car is finished and sitting in Emden apparently. Would love to get it before the 2021s start production!
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This has been an interesting several months. Put my initial deposit down two years ago, And my build deposit in September 2019. Since then I have been given several delivery dates: Jan 2020, Mar 2020, May 2020 (then COVID hit), July 2020 and now back to Jun 2020. All my dealer can say is the car is finished and sitting in Emden apparently. Would love to get it before the 2021s start production!
Which port does your car go to? San Diego? LA? I also have a car sitting in the port, so curious when it may show up in LA.
When do you expect to get it?

I went Mar, April, May, August, now maybe July

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
I hear you. I’m in the same situation. Original lock date was in November and still no car. February turned to March then May and now I’m hoping for June. I have been told my ship will be the goodwood leaving Emden May 7th. Excited to see some potential movement but I’ve learned not to get to excited for any date as none have held so far. Will be happy once it’s actually on the boat though. I’m sure the dealers are as frustrated as we are as it seems like the information flow has been minimal through this delay. Good luck and I hope we are both on the water soon. I asked about the 2021 and no information has been given to the dealer. They are speculating that it won’t be soon. I’m hoping that’s true but again I’m learning the hard way not to put much stock in anything I’m told.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Unfortunately there isn't much they could have done this past month. Either the ships weren't manned or the port didn't have people to load them. Things are beginning to move now and we'll see vechicles heading over within a week.

OP
OP
punkdad2020

punkdad2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which port does your car go to? San Diego? LA? I also have a car sitting in the port, so curious when it may show up in LA.
When do you expect to get it?

I went Mar, April, May, August, now maybe July
As far as dealer knows...San Diego, right now 6/5 Is eta.

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
I hear you. I’m in the same situation. Original lock date was in November and still no car. February turned to March then May and now I’m hoping for June. I have been told my ship will be the goodwood leaving Emden May 7th. Excited to see some potential movement but I’ve learned not to get to excited for any date as none have held so far. Will be happy once it’s actually on the boat though. I’m sure the dealers are as frustrated as we are as it seems like the information flow has been minimal through this delay. Good luck and I hope we are both on the water soon. I asked about the 2021 and no information has been given to the dealer. They are speculating that it won’t be soon. I’m hoping that’s true but again I’m learning the hard way not to put much stock in anything I’m told.
My car has been sitting at the Emden port since 3/13 (according to the “V Schedule” provided by my dealer). It was supposed to ship out on 4/24, and arrive in Houston 5/15. Obviously, that is not the case. I haven’t received any update, and was wondering how/where you received advice that your car was shipping out of Emden May 7. (Looks like your in Chicago and I’m in Minneapolis, so we should have about the same time schedule??)

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@tk23 this lines up with the current ships at port. Goodwood is just outside of Emden and slotted to arrive tomorrow. What's interesting is the shipping company hasn't posted a schedule to reflect this so hopefully it's A) they just haven't posted an updated schedule; or B) they are using another logistics partner than PWL. Either way, my fingers are crossed for you.

My car has been sitting at the Emden port since 3/13 (according to the “V Schedule” provided by my dealer). It was supposed to ship out on 4/24, and arrive in Houston 5/15. Obviously, that is not the case. I haven’t received any update, and was wondering how/where you received advice that your car was shipping out of Emden May 7. (Looks like your in Chicago and I’m in Minneapolis, so we should have about the same time schedule??)
@Minnesotan sounds like your car and mine were rolling off the line together. I called out Porsche NA for giving me bad info and everything went sideways so my order is pending a cancelation but the last comment from my dealer was the car was going to ship mid-May or sooner.

OP
OP
punkdad2020

punkdad2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did your car arrive?
Yes, It arrived in Mid-July. Love it! Only real complaint has been a very finicky PCM system. Continuously have issues with Apple CarPlay and Apple music, and my Liftmaster garage door opener is apparently not compatible. But all in all...zero regrets, amazing car!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, It arrived in Mid-July. Love it! Only real complaint has been a very finicky PCM system. Continuously have issues with Apple CarPlay and Apple music, and my Liftmaster garage door opener is apparently not compatible. But all in all...zero regrets, amazing car!
How old is your lift master? Mine has no problems, but it is a newer unit - maybe 2 years old.
Sponsored