cyiril4j

First Name
Cyril
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT
Country flag
I got the ChargePoint HomeFlex and plugged it in my NEMA 14-50. It works well as long as I don't set a schedule on it which seems to cause protocol negotiation issues with the Taycan's own schedule. I'm getting 7kw on 40A, which is not great but at least I don't have to manually up it from 20A manually anymore which is nice. :)
Sponsored

juergenhr

First Name
Juergen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S; 1971 914-6; 2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I bought a Grizzl-E Classic direct from factory website. Same cost as Amazon but you can buy an additional 2 year warranty for $100 to provide 5 years of warranty. I need a portable charger and this will unsnap from the bracket. Made in Canada so I can avoid Chinese manufacturers and poor customer service if it has problems.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
The Tesla Mobile charger is 5 feet shorter than the Porsche unit and max's out at 32A rather than 40A. I was thinking of putting this in my Porsche enclosure but length is a problem.

mco

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes, I am going to order on Amazon and then submit to Porsche. I will hold off on installing until I see if there is any backlash from Porsche. I have 30 days for free returns to Amazon.
Same here. Ordered a Juicebox today and submitted claim right away.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I spoke to my local dealer and got a letter recommending various EVSE / home chargers (hard wired, not mobile). I called Porsche Customer Support and they confirmed that reimbursement was for any home charger, including ChargePoint, Aukey, etc.
Well, it's good that the official letter didn't create any confusion then.

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
My CPO was picked up 2 weeks ago, so Porsche hasn't sent me the recall yet. Where can I verify if this was done prior to delivery or if it is still outstanding? I was originally looking for tips on how to neatly store the cable on the wall. The Porsche pone seems to have a oval storage unit that I am hoping is separate from the wall charger and can be purchased.

EDIT:

I checked my VIN, this recall doesn't show up. I looked on my charging cable but I don't see the part number.

Last edited:

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
I have the Porsche Wall Charger Connect charging station mounted on the side of my house and so was looking for a replacement charger which would fit inside the box and, of course, plug into to the 240V outlet within. The only product I could find that looked viable and had a 40A rating was the PrimeCom 40AMP portable charger. It comes with cords up to 50'; I went with the minimum 30'. Bought directly from David at PrimeComTech in Costa Mesa, CA.

https://www.primecom.tech/collectio...s/40-48-amp-ev-charger-220-volt-30-40-50-feet

Good news is that the unit did easily fit inside the box. I mounted it using a couple of zip ties and then covered the oval port hole (which the recalled Porsche charger had filled) with a 14"x7" piece of plexiglass held in place by magnetic strips (see photo).

I'd like to report how the unit works at 40A but the Taycan has been at the dealer's for the last week getting the mandatory HVHeater replacement. If I have a problem or issues with the PrimeCom, I'll certainly report it. (Basically Amazon reviews are quite good; 12 month warranty is far from ideal but I used a credit card that gave me an additional 12 months.)
Porsche Taycan Wall Charger Choice Question IMG_0535

Electron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Audi
Country flag
I purchased a Porsche Wall Charger Connect from another forum member and installed it on Thursday. I submitted it for reimbursement today with all of the required documentation. Hopefully everything goes through!
Sponsored