Want "Auto" driving mode

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
while I have gotten used to using the brake pedal again after 8 years of driving teslas I have to say that I disagree, I liked the concept of letting the tech do the work of the mechanical. I know how taycan's braking works but having to move my foot, UGH!
I thought the same before I got my Taycan, but now I find it much easier to move my foot compare to playing with the go pedal to find and hold the coasting sweet spot.
Sponsored

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche 944
Country flag
I liked the concept of letting the tech do the work of the mechanical. I know how taycan's braking works but having to move my foot, UGH!
LOL! You would hate my other Porsche; it has three pedals! ?

But seriously, I like the Auto-regen on my car it seems to know to coast when it makes sense and apply regen when it is beneficial. Besides, I could not do with a car that does not allow me the ability to ride curves how I do; that requires the right amount of brake and accelerator that computers just don't quite have the knack for yet, but the thing that the AI really, really does not hit is that dopamine hit. ? Well, I suppose it does when you get the coding to work successfully on the one you are personally building, but that is another topic. ?

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I had one of those contraptions about 40 years ago, loved it in city traffic:angry:
I just got rid of my stick shift winter car last summer (Nissan 350z). I loved that car, just not in traffic. I drove my GTR in the summer. I still tap my hand against the steering wheel in the Taycan looking for the paddle shifter!

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I just got rid of my stick shift winter car last summer (Nissan 350z). I loved that car, just not in traffic. I drove my GTR in the summer. I still tap my hand against the steering wheel in the Taycan looking for the paddle shifter!
Yeah - I dont understand why Porsche didn't add paddles to the taycan to control regen. Audi did with the etron- which seems backwards (you'd expect Porsche to have paddles and Audi to have the steering wheel button). Seems like it would be a very natural and intutive means to control it for people who are coming from PDK cars.

Noura

First Name
Sami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Why doesn't this car have an automatic driving mode? The computer is quite capable to modifying many parameters in milliseconds.
If I am driving sedately it should automatically use the lower power modes (like Range supposedly does).
If I moderately use the accelerator it should configure itself to a more aggressive setup, and so on.
Then when I relax go back to a "softer" setup. Sure keep the manual modes as they are today. Of course the real issue is that Porsche is not
a software company and they are to conservative and analog/hardware centric old school.

Spoiler control:
1. If the spoiler helps aero, why doesn't it ever deploy in Normal drive mode?
2. If it helps grip in a different position on Sport, why doesn't it deploy in other modes if user is accelerating or driving over a certain speed?
3. Does it deploy in hard/emergency braking? It should.

Range mode:
1. If I hit the maximum speed (mine set to 85Mph), and I continue to mash the accelerator for more than 3 seconds it should reconfigure to normal or sport mode!

Why isn't there a mode that the car drives in front wheel drive only? Using the smaller motor by itself should in theory get better mileage.
This would also help to balance the normal rear drive wearing of the rear tires more quickly so the front and rears wear more similarly.
it’s just a legal poi t and of course software regarding the little background on this field Porsche will probably pay a third party Ai driving system.

OP
OP
TayTaySD

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
it’s just a legal poi t and of course software regarding the little background on this field Porsche will probably pay a third party Ai driving system.
I was not referring to a "self driving" mode. Simply an extension of the three modes the car already comes with "Range", "Normal" and "Sport".
Sponsored