taymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Warning message: To open, release the door handle and pull again 1622543394169

Hi, (Sorry I can't work out how to rotate the picture)
After my Taycan 4S had the s/w update this error message keeps popping up when I approach the car with the key. The message stays on when I open the car door and even when I start driving this message will stay on. I hit the 'return' button on the steering wheel and it removes this message. I have tried getting in and closing the door and then opening the door and closing it again but the message stays on.

Can anyone help me stop this message being displayed in the first place? Plus, what does the message actually mean?

Thanks in advance for any help....
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Orange messages are warnings only.

Seems odd / random though - but it means when you are trying to open the door from the inside that you may have to pull the handle twice on the inside to unlock / open.

Is your child safety lock on - if so, try releasing that (bottom right button where the window operators are on the drivers door.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
1622543394169.png

Hi, (Sorry I can't work out how to rotate the picture)
After my Taycan 4S had the s/w update this error message keeps popping up when I approach the car with the key. The message stays on when I open the car door and even when I start driving this message will stay on. I hit the 'return' button on the steering wheel and it removes this message. I have tried getting in and closing the door and then opening the door and closing it again but the message stays on.

Can anyone help me stop this message being displayed in the first place? Plus, what does the message actually mean?

Thanks in advance for any help....
I, too, get this message on occasion. It shows up right after I've tried to open my unlocked driver door - and have to try pulling the handle a few times before it allows me to open the door...

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I, too, get this message on occasion. It shows up right after I've tried to open my unlocked driver door - and have to try pulling the handle a few times before it allows me to open the door...
This message will come on if you forget to turn off the car before exiting.

OP
OP

taymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Orange messages are warnings only.

Seems odd / random though - but it means when you are trying to open the door from the inside that you may have to pull the handle twice on the inside to unlock / open.

Is your child safety lock on - if so, try releasing that (bottom right button where the window operators are on the drivers door.
Hi W1NGE,

I don't think that the child lock is on -- but maybe the s/w update has switched it on. I will check when I am next in the car.

Thanks....

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I would open and slam shut every door while the power is on, then turn off the power, then lock. Then come back after ~15 minutes and see if the message is still there. This is a message that the system generates when a door unlatch operation was not completed and the door is not open. Suggests that this is either a software issue or one of the doors in an intermediate latching. Either way, opening and closing each of the doors should clear the problem.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have had this issue of door not opening on first pull before the update. I think it has something to do with engaging the break or something before you start exiting. Before the update it showed no warning, the door would simply not open. Since the update the warning appears when it happens and then it works on second pull (which it also did before but without a warning I was wondering if my door latch was bad).

So I believe its “intended” behaviour. You can always see if waiting after putting car in park is related to it, I tend to sometimes start bolting out of the door.

OP
OP

taymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
This message will come on if you forget to turn off the car before exiting.
Hi Vim,

Thanks for the feedback. I do think that I am turning the car off but I will take special notice of this just in case I am forgetting to turn it off.

?

OP
OP

taymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I would open and slam shut every door while the power is on, then turn off the power, then lock. Then come back after ~15 minutes and see if the message is still there. This is a message that the system generates when a door unlatch operation was not completed and the door is not open. Suggests that this is either a software issue or one of the doors in an intermediate latching. Either way, opening and closing each of the doors should clear the problem.
This actually worked !! The rear passenger door had to be pulled twice to open, so it must have been that door that had some kind of problem. Opening and closing that door cleared the message off the display and after waiting for some time the message has not reappeared. Many thanks for your help...
Sponsored