BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Officially they only told me "Repaired under warranty". Unofficially they hinted that they had to substitute the whole battery pack+HV hardware...

I will try to obtain more info. I'm still amazed about the fact that they are not transparent and offering a full report on their own...
It’s your car. They should tell you exactly what they’ve done to it.
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Mine was down for 80 days. They informed me (after 2 weeks diagnosis) that it needed and HV cell replacement (and related parts). When I picked up the car they provided a detailed, multi page, list of the parts and what was done to the car. Porsche North America assisted in getting the repair and parts (parts on back order was an issue) as well as some goodwill to me and I had a Cayenne loaner for all, but the first week the car went down.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Omitted from the Taycan's 8-year HV battery warranty is the part about having to wait 3-4 months after diagnosis for HV battery repair.

Last edited:

Tyke2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo 2023
Country flag
Mine has the same issue. It's been at the dealer for 7 days now. I have phoned 3 times for information on what is happening with no return calls. Today I got to speak to the service manager, who tried to fob me off. He claimed they needed someone with "specific hv expertise to diagnose it " . When I queried if this was normal, to take in a car and do nothing for a week and fail to return many calls, he responded "don't blame me it's not my fault".
I responded that I was more expecting an apology than just an attitude, to which he responded " I was only answering your question.
It's my first Porsche, cost £100k and I have been unable to use it now for 2 months. It also has a tailgate that will not open. Is the Porsche quality and service normally so abysmal?

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Unhappy to have joined the HV Battery Club. (Do we get a sticker?)

Originally happened after a charging fault (suddenly stopped at 70%), which was diagnosed as a stuck fan. Then happened again after parking, locking and going back later didn't fix it - towed. Worked again at dealer, no obvious faults after two weeks, took it back.

Two days after return of the car it re-ringed again. Tried power-off for 20 minutes, didn't fix it. Towed (once again "fixed" on the way to the dealer).

Diagnosed as needing HV repair. Six weeks. 2020 Turbo S.

Phoenix

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997 GTS, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine was down for 80 days. They informed me (after 2 weeks diagnosis) that it needed and HV cell replacement (and related parts). When I picked up the car they provided a detailed, multi page, list of the parts and what was done to the car. Porsche North America assisted in getting the repair and parts (parts on back order was an issue) as well as some goodwill to me and I had a Cayenne loaner for all, but the first week the car went down.
Clearly your experience is what I would consider normal, but somehow is far from what I experienced...

OP
OP
Ztarman

Ztarman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Since my car bricked after 2 weeks of ownership and spent weeks in the garage getting the HV charger replaced, it came back and bricked again which I seemed to solve with a screened key box, the brakes continue to worry me as they are dangerously unresponsive when slow moving and now the weather is hot I realise the AC chiller has never worked. I really enjoy the drive and the looks of the car are great but am staggered by the lack of reliability and faults on a supposedly luxury car, not helped by poor dealer customer care.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Since my car bricked after 2 weeks of ownership and spent weeks in the garage getting the HV charger replaced, it came back and bricked again which I seemed to solve with a screened key box, the brakes continue to worry me as they are dangerously unresponsive when slow moving and now the weather is hot I realise the AC chiller has never worked. I really enjoy the drive and the looks of the car are great but am staggered by the lack of reliability and faults on a supposedly luxury car, not helped by poor dealer customer care.
I live in FL, USA. It was in the 90s all weekend. My AC works fine and I have the Pano roof. I do have tint on my windows (not the pano). There was an issue where the 3 "o" rings would fail. Are you getting cold air out of the vents? If no, might be your "o" rings.

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My story goes as follows:
Drove to work in the morning at 45% charge and plugged it in to charge (level 2, 50A). I got in after work expecting it to be at 80%, only to see it had stopped at 73%. Weird. I disconnected the charger and tried to start it - and got the yellow “electrical system error” “service necessary “. I could only shift into neutral. All other electrical systems seemed operational. I checked the electrical panel and the breaker had been tripped. I reset the breaker, left the car locked for 20 minutes, and tried to restart. No dice.

Called Porsche roadside assistance who sent a tow truck - said it would take 90 minutes. After 45, the flatbed arrived, and I helped load the car onto the flatbed. It was sent to the dealership. I ubered home. A tech immediately looked at it. 3 days went by with no update.

today I called for an update - a prms ticked was apparently requested by the dealership.

incidentally, I have had to have the car towed before for another electrical issue. Bricked. On-board charger was replaced. Took 3 weeks.

I have a base Macan loaner, which I am grateful for, but unexcited by.

Porsche Taycan Week 2 : Electrical System Fault- park safely IMG_5967

Porsche Taycan Week 2 : Electrical System Fault- park safely 71745030863__155C584D-B991-4FEB-8139-2203F59C4DC7

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ztarman

Ztarman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
After all the problems I have had the battery died on 10th July and it’s still in the garage, so nearly 3 months this time. They have a new battery and are fitting it. I asked for a new car but they are giving it to me piece by piece…. Brakes, motor, air con, battery charger, air con again, battery heater, steering vibration, blank screen, main battery. Car now 9 months old.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
After all the problems I have had the battery died on 10th July and it’s still in the garage, so nearly 3 months this time. They have a new battery and are fitting it. I asked for a new car but they are giving it to me piece by piece…. Brakes, motor, air con, battery charger, air con again, battery heater, steering vibration, blank screen, main battery. Car now 9 months old.
Wow, you got hit by basically everything that could go wrong with this car. Incredible bad luck.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Wow, you got hit by basically everything that could go wrong with this car. Incredible bad luck.
You’d think such incredible bad luck should be super rare. If so, Porsche should have just provided a brand new car - that would be great PR for them, super happy customer, it’s not like they are selling out every allocation today. So either they are just missing a great PR opportunity, or such bad luck is not rate enough, so it would cost Porsche too much money.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do they have a Lemon Law in the UK? In the USA, most states have a lemon law that would require Porsche to replace or buy back the car based on the number of repairs and the time frames (each state has a different set of rules).

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are there no lemon laws in Scotland?

OP
OP
Ztarman

Ztarman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
They said it would be 18 months to get a replacement, I’m giving it one more go and if any problems I will demand new one. They have loaned me a series of Taycan Tourismo during the last 3 months. They have had no problems so I live in hope.
Sponsored