JohnM2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I am considering selling my 10K miles 2021 4S. The dealer would gladly buy it from me, but does anyone have thoughts on a better way?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
the dealership might be the way to go, especially if the car is "hot" where you are.
selling a $100k+ car privately can be a chore, but if you do I've used these guys to facilitate the transaction when I sold my model 3.

https://www.tred.com/

Last edited:

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
You could try privately on here, there are enough cheesed off owners reconsidering their options. I’d expected my new 4S in August and agreed the sale of my daily thinking October would be worse case, big mistake! I’ve now cancelled the order and think I’ve got a decent lightly used car lined up through a broker, not paying a premium but it’s still silly money. I think if you asked for interested parties you may be surprised.

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Post a build sheet if nothing else while we're here! Someone on this forum might be interested.

People have been suggesting sites like bringatrailer and carsandbids for expensive cars. I think the idea is there're more enthusiasts and fewer lowballers/scammers there compared to FB marketplace/Craigslist? I haven't used them myself though.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag
I am considering selling my 10K miles 2021 4S. The dealer would gladly buy it from me, but does anyone have thoughts on a better way?

johnarpy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
TRED.com. I sold three different Mercedes and they were great.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
the dealership might be the way to go, especially if the car is "hot" where you are.
selling a $100k+ car privately can be a chore, but if you do I've used these guys to facilitate the transaction when I sold my model 3.

https://www.tred.com/
I actually just put my Tesla M3P on there a few weeks ago

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
I was thinking of selling mine on carsandbids.com
Read the "not so" fine-print if you go this route. The buyer must pay 4.5% of the selling value, up to $4,500. This is essentially -$4,500.00 from you selling price.

If you go "no reserve" which they will encourage; you do NOT get to choose the staring bid price. The no reserve auctions start at $0.00.

Last edited:

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Read the fine-print if you go this route. The buyer must be 4.5% of the selling value, up to $4,500. This is essentially -$4,500.00 from you selling price.

If you go "no reserve" which they will encourage; you do NOT get to choose the staring bid price. The no reserve auctions start at $0.00.
Yeah, it’s not that fine of print. People are still selling cars for a lot even though the buyer pays the fee, not the seller. Carvana offered me $105 when my car is easily worth 115-120 so even a $4500 hit would be worth it.

OP
OP

JohnM2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Post a build sheet if nothing else while we're here! Someone on this forum might be interested.

People have been suggesting sites like bringatrailer and carsandbids for expensive cars. I think the idea is there're more enthusiasts and fewer lowballers/scammers there compared to FB marketplace/Craigslist? I haven't used them myself though.
Here is the build sheet:

Attachments

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
For grins I filled out a Vroom form for my '22 RWD MSRP $115K plus 3K Wheel & Tire protection plan and received an 80K offer! Didn't bother calling to discuss the offer.
Sponsored