What is your preferred nav app(s) to use while driving long distance (charging required)?

What is your preferred nav app(s) to use while driving long distance (charging required)?

• Total voters

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Apple for me........................but...................we take the Yukon XL for any extended trips. Taycan stays home and rests.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The route need not be the same in both directions.. right? Roughly speaking, yes, but when it comes to actual stops or small detours, the route is unlikely to be symmetrical.
On cross country routes it is unlikely to differ, in towns it often will.

IME they are better than they used to be though, but still the gain over my wife with a map is telling me in plenty of time that the turn is coming. ;)

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
PCM routing to take care of battery preconditioning. Waze running in the background to alert me about whatever might be up ahead.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Does anyone know how to have both the PCM Navigation and Waze running a navigation route simultaneously, while the phone is connected to Carplay? In our Taycan, it seems you can have one or the other, but not both.

I've resorted to using the Porsche Nav when traveling to a charger, and running Waze in the background without a destination input.

That's probably best, given Confucius said "A man with one navigation system always knows how to get somewhere, but a man with two can never be certain."

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
I've read in other forums (Kia, Hyundai, BMW, etc) that it is not possible for safety reasons: one app could tell you to turn left, while the other one tells you right.
I don't know if this is true, but it makes sense (somehow...)

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
On cross country routes it is unlikely to differ, in towns it often will.

IME they are better than they used to be though, but still the gain over my wife with a map is telling me in plenty of time that the turn is coming. ;)
To clarify my remark, I inferred your point on asymmetrical results to indicate an incorrect algorithm; the routing algorithm can be both correct and offer asymmetrical solutions, or even inconsistent results in the same direction. It's not "the best route period", it's "the best route with xx% of confidence". :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Ok boomer!

Are you from the states? I thought Poland?
I grew up in Santa Barbara, California. Undergrad UCSB, MBA at Cal Poly SLO. Plus some years in the Bay Area working corporate jobs. Now self employed, living in Poland. Good place to raise kids. Big house, no boss, no debt 👍 and most importantly, nice car 😉
Sponsored