HenryTR

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Firstly, thanks for taking the time to read this and for giving any opinions. I have learnt a lot from reading this forum and enjoy everyone’s storys. There are some very knowledgeable people on here so I value any feedback or advice.

I purchased a CT4 on lease in July last year with Porsche finance and quickly decided to order a new Taycan CT4S after and use the CT4 while I waited it out (was told this was quite common) Now my allocation has come around early (like it has for many others on this forum) and I have my build lock coming up next week.

It looks like I got the CT at the peak of used car hype, so my question is, am I making a terrible decision to move over to the new 4S? Should I keep the CT4 for a few more years (which is really not a hardship) or should I suck it up, put down some more money, follow my heart and get the new one.

I love the car but am excited for more power, my exact spec and the tax relief that comes with, I just didn’t think it would come around so fast. The car is under my company so it’s a business expense.

my figures are below:

I paid £114k for a medium / high spec nice CT4 with a £20k deposit. My Porsche dealer is giving me a number of £78k for the car as of today as the market has ‘cooled’ My balloon payment is £90k to get out of the lease and my new 4S is £116k.

Here is my new 4S Build code and my current CT4

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPM62PG5

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Porsche Taycan What should I do? CT4 to CT4S 6E903227-5072-44EC-8819-60AD0D41B255
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Personally if I get a car I like I tend to keep it al ong time, 5 years plus, so depreciation doesn't seem so shocking.
The one time I sold a car I couldn't get comfortable in, either seats or climate settings, I lost a fortune and, personally, would only accept a big loss if there was something about the car I was selling that I really disliked.

But that is me, and I have never bought a car through my company or paid by hire-purchase so my financial "analysis" may not be valid to your situation.

Certainly, for me, the extra power of the 4S was worth the small (£5k iirc) price increment when I ordered mine, but I'm not sure it is something I would lose £36k or more to get.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
My personal view is similar to Frank's above, plus I promised myself that this car is a final extravagance while I'm still able to enjoy it to the full and will then need to live more carefully/frugally/sensibly (time will tell if I meet that promise 😁) .
However, it's an entirely personal question, and one that only you can really answer- if it's what you really want and you're comfortable with the financial hit, then why not do it?
EDIT- oh, and if you're looking for supporting contributions to your case for change, I rate the CT 4S as the pick of the Taycan range.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Personally if I get a car I like I tend to keep it al ong time, 5 years plus, so depreciation doesn't seem so shocking.
The one time I sold a car I couldn't get comfortable in, either seats or climate settings, I lost a fortune and, personally, would only accept a big loss if there was something about the car I was selling that I really disliked.

But that is me, and I have never bought a car through my company or paid by hire-purchase so my financial "analysis" may not be valid to your situation.

Certainly, for me, the extra power of the 4S was worth the small (£5k iirc) price increment when I ordered mine, but I'm not sure it is something I would lose £36k or more to get.
4 tot 4S is really a bargain in the UK. I don’t understand why in Belgium the difference is 19.000 euro. PDLS plus and red brakes included rest is the same. For 5 k I would have gone with the 4S.

To OP : for 36 K I would wait 3 years and go for the improved 2026 model or even sometging different. Things are evolving so fast.

To complicate things: my neighbor just got his Taycan this week. Same the config of your 4S. Looks really great.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Firstly, thanks for taking the time to read this and for giving any opinions. I have learnt a lot from reading this forum and enjoy everyone’s storys. There are some very knowledgeable people on here so I value any feedback or advice.

I purchased a CT4 on lease in July last year with Porsche finance and quickly decided to order a new Taycan CT4S after and use the CT4 while I waited it out (was told this was quite common) Now my allocation has come around early (like it has for many others on this forum) and I have my build lock coming up next week.

It looks like I got the CT at the peak of used car hype, so my question is, am I making a terrible decision to move over to the new 4S? Should I keep the CT4 for a few more years (which is really not a hardship) or should I suck it up, put down some more money, follow my heart and get the new one.

I love the car but am excited for more power, my exact spec and the tax relief that comes with, I just didn’t think it would come around so fast. The car is under my company so it’s a business expense.

my figures are below:

I paid £114k for a medium / high spec nice CT4 with a £20k deposit. My Porsche dealer is giving me a number of £78k for the car as of today as the market has ‘cooled’ My balloon payment is £90k to get out of the lease and my new 4S is £116k.

Here is my new 4S Build code and my current CT4

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPM62PG5

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

6E903227-5072-44EC-8819-60AD0D41B255.jpeg
How often do you drive your current car at its full limit and what do you think of it when you do?

OP
OP

HenryTR

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Thanks for everyone’s comments, my gut tells me to wait it out and hang on to the 4 and enjoy it. I have a baby on the way so it’s only going to get trashed over the next 3-4 years anyway. The power is more than enough for me and the spec is good enough minus rear wheel steering / massage seats and CT wheels.

However, my heart says sod it and get the brand new 4S and have that new car feeling, perfect spec and tax deduction. I have until Friday to come to a decision!!

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks for everyone’s comments, my gut tells me to wait it out and hang on to the 4 and enjoy it. I have a baby on the way so it’s only going to get trashed over the next 3-4 years anyway. The power is more than enough for me and the spec is good enough minus rear wheel steering / massage seats and CT wheels.

However, my heart says sod it and get the brand new 4S and have that new car feeling, perfect spec and tax deduction. I have until Friday to come to a decision!!
You only live once… if money is not an issue, go for it!

OP
OP

HenryTR

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Update - today was spec lock day and I decided to go with the sod it option, and get the 4s. Locked it and now can’t wait for delivery which should be mid April.

the crunch point for me was my dealer rolling the CT4negative equality into the new finance deal so monthly payments are slightly higher but it doesn’t hurt quite as much!

Here is my new build, always wanted to be part of the crayon club :)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPJ5YGJ5
Sponsored