tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Personally, I would probably get the deposit back and go elsewhere - if that's possible with your circumstances (existing car etc)?
Only one Porsche Centre (Dublin) in the country! Before Brexit, Porsche Centre Belfast might have been an option – but that is now a very messy option.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frankhy

Frankhy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron
Country flag
Personally, I would probably get the deposit back and go elsewhere - if that's possible with your circumstances (existing car etc)?

In a few months time, its going to be a very different climate for car sales.
Time and patience may be a good call here.

Out of interest, what was the original p/x offer, which has dropped 16k?
Gone from €61k down to €45k. It's not just the drop in valuation it's the way Porsche has handled the whole thing as well. Literally no communication regarding car being re appraised with 2 weeks to delivery of new car. I take nothing away from the Taycan it's my dream car, which I've been living for since I put deposit on, but this does leave a bad taste.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Only one Porsche Centre (Dublin) in the country! Before Brexit, Porsche Centre Belfast might have been an option – but that is now a very messy option.
Holy moly....!
That's a long way if you live on the other side of the country to go for anything.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I can see your frustration but there is little you can do. Either sell your current car to a different dealer for a better price, or privately if you can be bothered and if it gets a higher sale price.

Otherwise if even financing that £16k isn't an option (at 10% I don't think it's worth it), then you know the decision you need to make.

How about instead looking at second hand Taycan's? They too are seeing absurd valuations come back down to Earth, and you might find it financially more agreeable with the now lower trade in value of your car.

As others have mentioned, the used car market for most of 2022 has been in a hyper bubble. But anything that shoots up that fast, will soon plummet just as fast... As you have found.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Is the 61k to 45k a fair reduction based on used values then and now?

Does the new deal change if you move the finance back to Porsche.

OP
OP
Frankhy

Frankhy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron
Country flag
Is the 61k to 45k a fair reduction based on used values then and now?
I'm waiting on quotes from other garages at the moment, but I think it's definitely on the low side. I still think I will go ahead with the purchase. I've built the car exactly the way I want it, and I know once I take delivery and see it for the first time that this last hiccup will be forgotten!(hopefully)😂

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

In a few months time, its going to be a very different climate for car sales.
Time and patience may be a good call here.
You think it’s going to be better in a few months time? :CWL:

Used car values are on a downward slide to the bottom. The last couple of years was an illusion. Anyone who thinks their car is worth what it was 12 months ago, or thinks is going to be higher 6-12 months from now is delusional. Like any bubble, when it busts, the fools get burned the worst.

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
Just an update from my visit to Porsche on Monday. They have dropped the valuation of my car for trade-in by €16k!! That's a loss of €2k a month since I got it first appraised with Porsche back in May! Taycan is due for delivery on January 6th, to only find this out now, so close to delivery is hugely disappointing. Plus, I contacted them first, and they never even contacted me, which I don't understand. Did they just expect me to have €16k in my back pocket when I go to collect the car?? Very disappointing customer service I have to day.
Did you run a lot of mileage with the e-tron between now and then the reason they had dropped the valuation?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
You think it’s going to be better in a few months time? :CWL:

Used car values are on a downward slide to the bottom. The last couple of years was an illusion. Anyone who thinks their car is worth what it was 12 months ago, or thinks is going to be higher 6-12 months from now is delusional. Like any bubble, when it busts, the fools get burned the worst.
You've got the wrong end of my point.
We think the same thing.

I meant the number of new cars available (cancelled orders etc) means that there will be more availability and dealers will need to start treating the diminished new customer base with more respect.

There will be competition to try and sell new cars again, rather than a queue of people at the dealership door desparate to buy one.
Customer service should return, rather than the situation the OP has encountered.
Sponsored