caytan

First Name
Zim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
Did you get the wheel locks key with your Taycan? I just found out I did not so I have to go to dealer to get the key to fix a leaking tire. Who sells the car without supplying a key!?
Sponsored

Snappy77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You sure it's not in your frunk with the tire inflation kit? There's a picture of what and where on the forum here somewhere.

OP
OP

caytan

First Name
Zim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
You sure it's not in your frunk with the tire inflation kit? There's a picture of what and where on the forum here somewhere.
Well, shit, I don't have that either.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hmm - would have thought wheel locks would be an option not std. - yours came std?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
mine came standard and it was in the frunk (and I have had to use it!)..and I have the base model (MY21)
Cool - Looked through the Std. equip and the pkgs. etc and no mention anywhere of wheel locks - bonus :)

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Hmm - would have thought wheel locks would be an option not std. - yours came std?
Cool - Looked through the Std. equip and the pkgs. etc and no mention anywhere of wheel locks - bonus :)
Just to clear up any confusion (not saying you guys are confused ;)), strictly speaking they aren't "locks" in the sense that there is a tumbler and a key. A wheel bolt on each wheel has a specially shaped head that can't be removed with a standard socket. Instead there is a special socket in the frunk kit which matches the "lock" bolt.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just to clear up any confusion (not saying you guys are confused ;)), strictly speaking they aren't "locks" in the sense that there is a tumbler and a key. A wheel bolt on each wheel has a specially shaped head that can't be removed with a standard socket. Instead there is a special socket in the frunk kit which matches the "lock" bolt.
Yep understood - very like the special 'key/tool' I have on my BMW R1200GS motorbike's oil cap which stops anybody mucking with it.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Yeah, I know those two pockets on the sides of the frunk pull out... Empty.
Then IMO you need to pursue it as their failure to deliver the product for which you paid.