Wheels and Calipers

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
So I was firmly decided on the 21” Exclusive Design wheels (aka salad slicers), but then I just saw this photo!

Is it me or do the 360mm discs and calipers look a bit “lost”.
Should I revert back to 20” Turbo S wheels??

Porsche Taycan Wheels and Calipers 8D697F60-D7AF-4121-A4DF-94074F7813AC
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
No, it's not only you. The 360mm discs are lost with the 21" wheels. Would go with the Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB). Looks way better, reduces brake dust and is not as expensive as the ceramic brakes (PCCB) ?

OP
OP
PCAR-KAISER

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
No, it's not only you. The 360mm discs are lost with the 21" wheels. Would go with the Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB). Looks way better, reduces brake dust and is not as expensive as the ceramic brakes (PCCB) ?
Agreed - but for me an additional £2k on a CT4 for what is really a “cosmetic” upgrade isn’t worth it as trying to keep the budget under control…...I can’t un-see this now though!

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Why don’t you get those new CT rims (forgot the name) that look so sexy. I wish they had them with the regular 4S when I ordered.

OP
OP
PCAR-KAISER

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Why don’t you get those new CT rims (forgot the name) that look so sexy. I wish they had them with the regular 4S when I ordered.
I’m going to be controversial here….I don’t actually like the Cross Turismo Design Wheels ? ?… and they are also 21”

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Don’t worry, they are definitely not the best rims I’ve ever seen. Compared to the ones I had to get besides the mission-e, I think they’re great.
I have 20“ and it looks perfectly fine size wise. You made me look and check the break size and it really isn’t huge, but due to the partially closed rims people barely will notice.

OP
OP
PCAR-KAISER

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Don’t worry, they are definitely not the best rims I’ve ever seen. Compared to the ones I had to get besides the mission-e, I think they’re great.
I have 20“ and it looks perfectly fine size wise. You made me look and check the break size and it really isn’t huge, but due to the partially closed rims people barely will notice.
That’s the great thing about the 20” wheel designs, the are very closed with black “inserts” shielding the calipers.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I was firmly decided on the 21” Exclusive Design wheels (aka salad slicers), but then I just saw this photo!

Is it me or do the 360mm discs and calipers look a bit “lost”.
Should I revert back to 20” Turbo S wheels??

8D697F60-D7AF-4121-A4DF-94074F7813AC.png
I really like these wheels. Wish I could get them for my car.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
That’s the great thing about the 20” wheel designs, the are very closed with black “inserts” shielding the calipers.
Yup, and I figure (or at least hope) that they will also hold up better to the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune on the roads around here.

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yup, and I figure (or at least hope) that they will also hold up better to the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune on the roads around here.
I had mine color matched to the volcano grey and like the hint of the red caliper behind the rim.
Porsche Taycan Wheels and Calipers Rim_2251

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I just heard that PSCB tends to squeal. Anyone with real world experience?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
My PSCB's squeal when under heavy load – which is rare enough in an EV and for the first push of the breaks when you start the car and regen isn't used until the pads warm up a bit.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the 21" Taycan Exclusive in Gloss Black with black painted brake calipers. Looks pretty amazing I think. I had the black dust valve caps with the Porsche logo fitted and then added 'Rimsavers' (an alloy wheel protector made in the UK) in black which cover the outer brushed chrome part of the wheel.
The larger brakes do look more 'impressive', but in reality they are only very rarely going to be used and I think would still not be that visible with the wheel.
I had major brake squeal issues on my old Panamera (standard brakes) and despite lots of cleaning, new pads, intermittent use of heavy braking, could not eliminate the problem. I have no experience of PSCB or PCCB.

OP
OP
PCAR-KAISER

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I have the 21" Taycan Exclusive in Gloss Black with black painted brake calipers. Looks pretty amazing I think. I had the black dust valve caps with the Porsche logo fitted and then added 'Rimsavers' (an alloy wheel protector made in the UK) in black which cover the outer brushed chrome part of the wheel.
The larger brakes do look more 'impressive', but in reality they are only very rarely going to be used and I think would still not be that visible with the wheel.
I had major brake squeal issues on my old Panamera (standard brakes) and despite lots of cleaning, new pads, intermittent use of heavy braking, could not eliminate the problem. I have no experience of PSCB or PCCB.
sounds good - can we see a picture?
I have actually done a 180 and am sticking with the exclusives.