Ruthi

First Name
Ruthi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan. S x 2
Country flag
I am looking at ordering a mamba green 4s. However, it comes with red calipers. I don't want to pay over 2k for the white surface coated calipers and think it's a bit cheeky of porsche to charge for the "downgrade" colour of black calipers. I'm not the greatest fan of red and green together, though my wife tells me the rear light is red, as are the reflectors, and the badge (partially).

My interior is going to be truffle, so I don't want too many colours in the mix. I'm ordering the Spyder 21 inch wheels. What are everyone's thoughts on this colour mix?

Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 11.51.04.png

Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 11.57.20.png
can you get them powder coated green ? its another option or have them in black and do the wheels to body colour

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
That’s an interesting feedback as it seems you enjoy the stuff I don’t and vice versa! Which is exactly why Porsche is great - we’ll still end up buying the same car, but not looking the same and for very different reasons!

I wouldn’t buy at all without pan roof / bars, like the Off-road pack and can’t imagine not having privacy glass (+ front).

I would have considered truffle with Crayon paint if it wasn’t yet another step up in cost, but it definitely is closer to a GT feel rather than sporty.

What’s interesting is that on the second hand market, only a handful of Porsche have a daring / slightly different spec, while reading around here makes you wonder if you should rethink your whole build 10 times a week as many people have very cool specs!
I have weird taste in cars, I suppose.

Having spent a career in Formula 1 racing I have a problem with big, heavy and un-aerodynamic cars which are the fashion today.

I had to give myself a serious talking to about the size and weight of the Taycan. I am still not sure I am not going to be annoyed by the size but the chassis dynamics (and vast tyres) hides the weight quite well.

When I bought my last car I wanted a 5 door plug in hybrid suitable for me as a dog owner with room for taking 4 people occasionally and a 30+ mile EV range.

My short list ended up boiling down to the Porsche Panamera sport Turismo and Toyota Prius PHEVs.
There was an astonishingly small choice of non-SUVs (which break all 3 of the cardinal sins).

I ended up buying the Prius and saving £70k. It was slower but 600kg lighter and went about the same distance on 6kWh as the Porsche did on 15kWh so for my sorts of use better.
Most people start with a budget, I start with a requirement.

I don't like the feel of the sun's radiation on my head and hated both of my wife's cars with glass roofs. My dislike of tinted windows is just the look though.

I never need a roofrack so the aero lossy rails are a no brainer too.

I want a GT car, not a sports car anyway, I have a Ferrari with 3 pedals, 6 speed gated gearshift and zero driver aids for that :)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
What’s interesting is that on the second hand market, only a handful of Porsche have a daring / slightly different spec
I think a lot of people make the decision to spec a car for the next owner in the hope of less depreciation. That just means they can't afford to buy what they like IMO.

As a matter of interest my spec is PNIARGI4 entirely chosen for me :)

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I think a lot of people make the decision to spec a car for the next owner in the hope of less depreciation. That just means they can't afford to buy what they like IMO.

As a matter of interest my spec is PNIARGI4 entirely chosen for me :)
Nice car. My spec is quite different albeit same colour exterior. Also chose my spec of me and no one else. I will look out for you on the roads (when you get it) as I think you cannot be that far from me (Bucks /Oxon border). I also bought for occasional dog use. My 911 4S Convertible is our fun drive. Dog goes in that too ?

BartA

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
I went full "watermelon" ? with my spec. Outside Mamba with black/Vesuvius grey trim, inside bordoux red. I think in that case red clippers are a nice touch.

Can't wait for this spec. Always had grey/black/white cars with black interiors, jumping in something like that will be very refreshing :)

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I have a GTS Sport Turismo on order, and Mamba Green is a consideration for the exterior. I will likely be going for the GTS Interior Package. I would like the Carmine Red interior package, but what do people think? Will it work with the Mamba Green exterior? I think it will. I've seen a few examples of Mamba with Bordeaux Red in photos, and while I think it doesn't look too bad, I'm not sure it works.

Chalk interior package would be the safe option, but on its own, I really like the Carmine Interior, especially the red seat belts.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
IMO Mamba with a Carmine exterior looks like the owner is trying too hard. My view is go with either the of these options but not both.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
IMO Mamba with a Carmine exterior looks like the owner is trying too hard. My view is go with either the of these options but not both.
Thanks for the input. I presume you meant to say Carmine "interior" though"?