TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
For information after browsing secondskin FAQ it is for the time being only available for Germany, Austria and Switzerland (Lucky me :)). I Will try to get some samples of the wrapping i'm interested and I'll get you updated;)
Sponsored

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
For information after browsing secondskin FAQ it is for the time being only available for Germany, Austria and Switzerland (Lucky me :)). I Will try to get some samples of the wrapping i'm interested and I'll get you updated;)
Is it available for Switzerland as well...? That’s interesting. I could be interested in the yellow or orange..... just wonder how long it lasts and looks good........

ImThestig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I started out with frozen blue, then changed to red and then carrera white. And now after jumping back and forward like a idiot, I've Changed the order to mamba Green after seeing it in exclusive manufaktor in Stuttgart factory. The mamba green look so shockingly nice in reallife, its a real head turner!

Porsche Taycan Which Colors ? FB_IMG_1581026410880

Porsche Taycan Which Colors ? iris (2)

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I started out with frozen blue, then changed to red and then carrera white. And now after jumping back and forward like a idiot, I've Changed the order to mamba Green after seeing it in exclusive manufaktor in Stuttgart factory. The mamba green look so shockingly nice in reallife, its a real head turner!

FB_IMG_1581026410880.jpg

iris (2).jpeg
Thought I recognized the car. I was there on Thursday:D

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Yes, it's from the entrance of the shop I called my dealer right after that visit
I stick to the white one with aluminum roof, even though the green and red color are better in live, than on the screen :)

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
I want a black car, it's my favourite colour for vehicles so I was very pleased to see a 'complimentary' black included in the options, but my dealer says upgrading to metallic black is a must since the solid black doesn't hold up well and will look very scratched. Any thoughts on this? I'm not going to be driving through hedges, but I do live in the UK so cars don't tend to stay clean for long...

At this stage I want to minimise options list, so if the standard solid black is fine then that's good enough for me. Only if it is a really bad option would I bother to spend the money on metallic black.

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I want a black car, it's my favourite colour for vehicles so I was very pleased to see a 'complimentary' black included in the options, but my dealer says upgrading to metallic black is a must since the solid black doesn't hold up well and will look very scratched. Any thoughts on this? I'm not going to be driving through hedges, but I do live in the UK so cars don't tend to stay clean for long...

At this stage I want to minimise options list, so if the standard solid black is fine then that's good enough for me. Only if it is a really bad option would I bother to spend the money on metallic black.
My own decision making for going metallic white versus solid white came down to the following:
  • How many years do I plan to keep the car?
  • Do I plan to regularly keep the car waxed?
For myself, I plan to keep the Taycan for many years, so I wanted a paint color that still looks "shiny" after many years. I know that I'm lazy so will not be keeping the car regularly waxed and properly cleaned. I decided on the metallic white because the paint has the metallic specks that reflects light better, making the car look "shiny" even after many years. The metallic bits should also minimize any swirls caused by casual car washes using washcloths, etc.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
My own decision making for going metallic white versus solid white came down to the following:
  • How many years do I plan to keep the car?
  • Do I plan to regularly keep the car waxed?
For myself, I plan to keep the Taycan for many years, so I wanted a paint color that still looks "shiny" after many years. I know that I'm lazy so will not be keeping the car regularly waxed and properly cleaned. I decided on the metallic white because the paint has the metallic specks that reflects light better, making the car look "shiny" even after many years. The metallic bits should also minimize any swirls caused by casual car washes using washcloths, etc.
That’s the same logic I used when I was deciding what white get

I haven't washed a car in over 15yrs!

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag

FB_IMG_1581026410880.jpg

iris (2).jpeg
On the configurator the Mamba Green looks awful. I saw it in person on a Macan at the dealership. The color is much more vibrant and shifts with the curves of the Taycan. I ordered mine in Mamba Green to accentuate the fact that the Taycan is a different car from anything else out there. I took it to the next level by ordering the interior trim in Mamba Green to contrast with the black leather. The Mission E rims are the icing on the cake. I don't care if the range suffers from the 21 inch rims. I plan to drive it every day, drain the battery every time the traffic light turns from red to green, and take every off ramp without triggering the regen. When I get home at night I will gladly plug it in to start the fun all over again the next day.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I too love the Mamba Green @wemct and @ImThestig; however, I also love the Bordeaux Red/Black interior and my wife vetoed the Santa Mobile . So I am back on Dolomite Silver.

Will be watching for those Mamba Green Taycans though.

ALindsay

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne e hybrid 2020, Taycan 4s due Nov 2020
Country flag
Cherry red, mamba green, Neptune blue, gentian blue, in that order. It needs a bold colour IMO
Sponsored