Which colour is this ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I think we all know that Crayon is the best color of all, no need to debate this.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Now Mamba and Cherry have gone it would be Frozen Berry or PTS for me, none of the standard colours appeal a lot and the monochrome paintwork is out anyway.
Porsche green metallic (actually all the darker greens, Mamba was the lightest green I would go for), Ultra violet and Violametalic appeal.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
That's an interesting interpretation, albeit terribly misguided -- do you mind walking me through your logic?
You stated the best color, I corrected you by giving my opinion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You stated the best color, I corrected you by giving my opinion
I appreciate your honesty, and I respect your right to have a different opinion, but we have to prioritize the facts. From the data I have, Crayon is the best color on a Taycan in the whole wide world. That’s just simply a fact. You can quote me as a source of this fact.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Purple is always best but almost never available (my 500E is “Bornite“) nowadays with green second. This rare too, I would have to go PTS or get a BMW, Bentley or RR for a nice colour nowadays.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Purple is always best but almost never available (my 500E is “Bornite“) nowadays with green second. This rare too, I would have to go PTS or get a BMW, Bentley or RR for a nice colour nowadays.
Totally off topic, but I would love to see your collection once. I love your outspoken taste.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Totally off topic, but I would love to see your collection once. I love your outspoken taste.
I don’t really have a collection per-se just old cars I liked and didn’t sell.
The Taycan supercedes the 500E in most ways but I have loved it over 30 years. It is off the road now, pointlessly expensive to tax in our stupid tax system, and a friend wants to buy it.
My Ferrari is Modena yellow, the available colours were limited and I don’t like red cars so yellow it was! It has a black interior which I dislike it gets burning hot parked in the sun :mad: .
I love it because of the sound and NA throttle response and no driver over-rides but at my age the Taycan is a more practical car, I have only driven the Ferrari once since the Taycan arrived and I was irritated by the inevitable narrow worthwhile power band of the engine after the superiority of an electric motor but not the sound! Few like it today with turbo engines being the norm now.

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD; 2023 Rivian R1S; 2018 Volvo XC90
Country flag
All personal opinions

I think Dolomite Silver looks old school and blah…a bit of the Back to the Future brushed aluminum DeLorean

Two best colors on Taycan -
Ice Grey
Neptune Blue
👌

Reactions: 007

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I wonder what sort of cultural differences play into color choice...
One of the main reasons I like the silver is because it is an understated color on an over stated car (and because it looks really good). I think all the other colors are beautiful in a vacuum but not for this car because it is just too much "look at me," and I'm trying to avoid that (failing miserably tho). Although, that probably falls more under personality creeping into color preference as opposed to cultural influences.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
FWIW, my view is that the Taycan looks great in any colour. I think it is the shape and styling of the car that lends itself to many varied colours. I picked up my flat white CT4 on Friday and I absolutely love it. It just makes me smile each time I get into it. I am spending probably too much time staring out of the window at it on my driveway...🤣. The point is that some will not like that colour, and others will, and I totally respect that. My advice is get the car and colour that makes you happy.
Sponsored