WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Interesting results so far- after 246 votes, slightly more than 50% are for colours not on the black-to-white scale, which is more than I'd have guessed (and which I personally applaud- as I get greyer with age, physically and metaphorically, I need to compensate by injecting colour around me) . I wonder though..."which exterior colour did you choose?" isn't the same as "which exterior colour did you order after your partner got involved?";)
PS I'm rooting for Frozen Berry to get on the scoreboard.
Sponsored

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Any pictures of frozen berry. Need to lock an order tomorrow and want something “different” but with no resale issues..

Torn between green, berry, ice grey, jet black, frozen and Neptune blue!!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Any pictures of frozen berry. Need to lock an order tomorrow and want something “different” but with no resale issues..
Only 2 ways to have something "different" - either get something nobody else can get, or get something nobody else wants. Given that all colors are equally available to all people who order a Taycan, the only way to get a "different" color is to get one which other people don't order much, meaning it was not most people's first choice, meaning it will have a lower resale appeal to most people. You might still get a good price on resale, but will have to find that rare person who will want and is willing to pay for "different".

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Interesting (temporary) results:
1. mamba green: 32
2. Volano grey: 28
3. Gentian blue: 24
4. Chalk: 23.

while i was expecting mamba green (and gentian and chalk), volcano grey surprised me.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Only 2 ways to have something "different" - either get something nobody else can get, or get something nobody else wants. Given that all colors are equally available to all people who order a Taycan, the only way to get a "different" color is to get one which other people don't order much, meaning it was not most people's first choice, meaning it will have a lower resale appeal to most people. You might still get a good price on resale, but will have to find that rare person who will want and is willing to pay for "different".
I'm more concerned about the effect on resale value of how well today's Taycan will hold up against new offerings from Porsche and others that will be available then. I'm steering towards leasing rather than buying upfront to avoid disappointment over that, or of no-one else wanting my favourite colour combo.

Ruthi

First Name
Ruthi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan. S x 2
Country flag
Last edited:

Hatbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Boxster
Country flag
Ruby exterior with black accents roof rails door handles- Red interior but kept silver for the wheels

ordered in July ear delivery next month - had to lose the PDLS light option due to the chip shortage

hopefully end product will match the online build

Ruthi

First Name
Ruthi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan. S x 2
Country flag
Ruby exterior with black accents roof rails door handles- Red interior but kept silver for the wheels

ordered in July ear delivery next month - had to lose the PDLS light option due to the chip shortage

I think they took the lights out of the package as they have not been approved here. I always get Mission E wheels so will paint them when it arrives as they wont do the matching wheels with pts. I got the chalk interior as 3 I have had in black are too hot here and the last white one was chalk and it makes a huge difference. I do the port cover opener in black and the name on the back. Here the pts is $11400 + and in Europe I see its 1/3 of that ....

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag

You should still be able to get PDLS+, matrix is not available anymore. I had to cancel matrix but still could order PDLS+.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Hi guys,

I was just lurking this forum, but decided to sign up to vote Frozen Berry colour.
I love this colour, not to fancy, but very unique and memorable.

IMG_5228.jpeg
I think the lighter colours like this work well with the black elements, not only giving a higher contrast to show off the details, but I also feel that the black intensifies the lighter colour.