Which sensors may cause "Egress Warner not available" error?

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
I get an "Egress Warner not available" warning every time I start the car. However, the lane change sensors seem to be fine, and while parking, everything is fine, too. Trying to see if I can figure this out myself before I have to carve out several hours of my busy days to go to the dealer.

I had vinyl wrap done at a place that I know has done a bunch of them, including for Porsche itself (you likely have seen some of their work in Christophorus PCA mag). So, it's a reputable joint. They said previous clients had some sensor errors but those usually went away withing half hour of driving. I still have the error after several hours on the road.
Sponsored

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UPDATE: cleared all the codes with that popular OBDII iOS app and $20 wireless dongle. Looks like while wrapping they don't disconnect the battery, which then causes like a hundred errors.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The sensors are the same as lane change assist uses – and are roughly on the rear quarters behind the body panels.

Porsche Taycan Which sensors may cause "Egress Warner not available" error? 1710133006702

Porsche Taycan Which sensors may cause "Egress Warner not available" error? 1710133037534

(can't find a Taycan specific image)

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

OC>LalaLand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT, 992 GT3
Country flag
I don't have a wrap on my car, so this rules it out for me at least. I got home last night with no egress warner light, but when I got in the car this morning it was on. Only thing I did was open my trunk to put my work bag in and that's it. Drove 45 mins to work and the light is still on. I'm confused. I called the dealer and they said I might need a software upgrade, which needs to be done there.

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ODBII BT or wifi dongle is like $25 on Amazon. App is free (or $7). Read the codes and you will know what is likely an issue. At least you show up more educated at the dealer.

OC>LalaLand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT, 992 GT3
Country flag
ODBII BT or wifi dongle is like $25 on Amazon. App is free (or $7). Read the codes and you will know what is likely an issue. At least you show up more educated at the dealer.
Thank you! I brought my car into the dealer and waiting for them to update teh software, which apparantely takes a day to do. For the OBD on amazon, I'm seeing a pretty wide range of readers from $8 - $99. Is there a particular one I should pick up? Thank you.

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you! I brought my car into the dealer and waiting for them to update teh software, which apparantely takes a day to do. For the OBD on amazon, I'm seeing a pretty wide range of readers from $8 - $99. Is there a particular one I should pick up? Thank you.
This is the one I got https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WPW6BAE $20.
Sponsored