W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My car has park assist and tried it out today for the first time. Just near my house on a residential street with no cars. Followed the instructions and did the parallel option. Everything was fine at the very start then it started hitting the curb and trying to go up on the grass..of course i stopped it and luckily no damage...this feature does not seem to work very well.
Remote Park Assist - basic Park Assist fortunately doesn't have this terrible option.
Sponsored

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
Well I can now announce I am a member of this exclusive club. For me, I got the error consistently for a month. I could only get into the camera if I put the car in reverse. I booked a service appointment for today, which clearly scared the car straight because two days ago the error resolved itself on it's own.

There isn't any rhyme or reason to this error. I keep the car clean, as dirt can muddy the sensors. There is no damage to the car. I even did a 12v hard reboot, which was a little scary.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car has park assist and tried it out today for the first time. Just near my house on a residential street with no cars. Followed the instructions and did the parallel option. Everything was fine at the very start then it started hitting the curb and trying to go up on the grass..of course i stopped it and luckily no damage...this feature does not seem to work very well.
Yeah, I don't trust it either after it came way too close to the curb.

As a comparison point, I tried it on a BMW X5 Xdrive 50e, and it works like a charm (a plug-in hybrid I'm looking at for my wife).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Well I can now announce I am a member of this exclusive club. For me, I got the error consistently for a month. I could only get into the camera if I put the car in reverse. I booked a service appointment for today, which clearly scared the car straight because two days ago the error resolved itself on it's own.

There isn't any rhyme or reason to this error. I keep the car clean, as dirt can muddy the sensors. There is no damage to the car. I even did a 12v hard reboot, which was a little scary.
Did the dealer fix it? What was the cause? I’m getting this now for a few days.🤦🏻‍♂️

Porsche Taycan Park Assist Not Available error message IMG_7015

blame.latitude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, GTS ST
Country flag
Did the dealer fix it? What was the cause? I’m getting this now for a few days.🤦🏻‍♂️
I cancelled my service appointment as there was now nothing to troubleshoot. The car has been working fine since it's little freak out, so its a little weird
Sponsored

Reactions: 007