White Taycan Owners: how to remove black little dirt marks!

MJH_102383

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Taycan Turbo S; MY22 911 GT3; MY22 911 TS Cab
Country flag
I am sure I am just as much of a fanatic about keeping my Taycan spotless as the next enthusiast… but for some reason every 3-4 days without rain my Taycan gets dirt marks on the bottom half of both doors typically the bottom half of the door and the side skirts as well.

Here is a picture which will require zooming in I think
Porsche Taycan White Taycan Owners: how to remove black little dirt marks! B604296D-FAD4-4E8F-9793-8D1A216CE967

At a typical DIY car wash even with a foam brush and pretty strong elbow grease they don’t come off! The only way they do is if I scrub them with a microfiber towel which seems insane.

Anyone else have this issue? Someone recommended “DFT Detail Spray” but I am not sure what else could make this easier to remove?
(Notably, I do have PPF and ceramic coating if that’s relevant)
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I've been using them for years to get rid of rubber marks from tire bits at the track - these rubber marks are notoriously hard to remove - the Mr. Clean pads make them disappear and so far so good

if you you're not sure just do it on a small portion of them and see how it goes - but my GT3 still looks good.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
- Clay bar (use with soapy water)
- Apply a good amount of car wax (spray wax usually works best), cover the stains, let it sit for 1 minute then rub with cloth or some pad suggested above.

My dad used to remove stains of hot/fresh tar with olive oil (don't laugh). If you have driven over a freshly poured tar, then you know what I mean. It happened a lot where I come from. That is similar to using wax. You need something greasy to remove those tough stains. WD-40 might also work but I am not sure if it will make the clearcoat or PPF look foggy so I would not use it.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am sure I am just as much of a fanatic about keeping my Taycan spotless as the next enthusiast… but for some reason every 3-4 days without rain my Taycan gets dirt marks on the bottom half of both doors typically the bottom half of the door and the side skirts as well.

B604296D-FAD4-4E8F-9793-8D1A216CE967.jpeg

At a typical DIY car wash even with a foam brush and pretty strong elbow grease they don’t come off! The only way they do is if I scrub them with a microfiber towel which seems insane.

Anyone else have this issue? Someone recommended “DFT Detail Spray” but I am not sure what else could make this easier to remove?
Use a tar remover (e.g. Autoglym Tar Remover) and apply carefully - spots will 'dissolve'.

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
I would not use the magic eraser. It’s essentially sandpaper. Yea it will take it off, it will also take off your coating and probably ruin the ppf after a few uses. Bug and tar remover should help.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Try wet dryer sheets, like Bounce . They work great at removing dead bugs etc
Top tip: damp dryer sheets work WONDERS on love bugs. 1 pass and they're gone. Doesn't hurt PPF. For anyone in Florida that doesn't already know - try it!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
OP: are you using concentrated tire dressing? FWIW I hate silicone-based tire dressing. If you must have coated tires then Dura Coating is the BOMB. Local-to-me company and they are great.

OP
OP
MJH_102383

MJH_102383

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP: are you using concentrated tire dressing? FWIW I hate silicone-based tire dressing. If you must have coated tires then Dura Coating is the BOMB. Local-to-me company and they are great.
I am using Meguires Tire Wet stuff but I hope that isn’t causing the issue!!

OP
OP
MJH_102383

MJH_102383

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Top tip: damp dryer sheets work WONDERS on love bugs. 1 pass and they're gone. Doesn't hurt PPF. For anyone in Florida that doesn't already know - try it!
This is amazing and thank you!

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

B604296D-FAD4-4E8F-9793-8D1A216CE967.jpeg

Use Meguiar's Cleaner wax. It take all the rubber debris, road splash, bugs off really cleanly. I also have PPF and regularly put it on the front bumper and sidewall areas because it will also keep the debris from sticking for a couple of weeks.
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Cle...ocphy=9011680&hvtargid=pla-402631676809&psc=1