Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
I think this is perhaps more British reserve. I've noticed kids gawping and adults staring. I've already had some not-so-welcome attention on a motorway though, an idiot in a terrible looking Audi S3 decided to play 'games' on the M3 which wasn't fun.
given you have a turbo... the obvious question is... how did you handle this ?? Im kidding, but I hope things like this don't happen to me. Maybe ill be spared that as I am female (sexist comment I know, but I am sure you know what I mean)!!
Sponsored

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
given you have a turbo... the obvious question is... how did you handle this ?? Im kidding, but I hope things like this don't happen to me. Maybe ill be spared that as I am female (sexist comment I know, but I am sure you know what I mean)!!
Well I hit the go pedal a tiny bit to get away and settled in to the inside lane. But the guy kept going next to me/blocking me in and doing all sorts of silly things (I just wanted to go 75). In the end I got fed up and brake-checked him and pulled over and he sped off. Wife and eldest child got a bit upset as he was being a total imbecile, but I've had it before as I've had nice cars for a while so I know how to deal with it...🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I hit the go pedal a tiny bit to get away and settled in to the inside lane. But the guy kept going next to me/blocking me in and doing all sorts of silly things (I just wanted to go 75). In the end I got fed up and brake-checked him and pulled over and he sped off. Wife and eldest child got a bit upset as he was being a total imbecile, but I've had it before as I've had nice cars for a while so I know how to deal with it...🤷‍♂️
Thats rubbish. I am sure others have this all of the time. Irritating and super dangerous. 'Too many freaks, not enough circuses' def comes to mind! safe driving and well done for handling it well.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Thats rubbish. I am sure others have this all of the time. Irritating and super dangerous. 'Too many freaks, not enough circuses' def comes to mind! safe driving and well done for handling it well.
Agreed. The problem is that people feel they need to prove a 'point', although I'm not sure what the point is. I was annoyed as it was pretty dangerous and despite the car being super safe to manoeuvre, it isn't a nice experience especially as a passenger because the other party causes bad situations. Ah well

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Yes, this “proof a point” thingy is strong when they see the Taycan, expecially amongst the VW Polo/Golf BMW3 and Audi A3 chipped diesel ricer crew.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
The Taycan is definitely moving the envy needle way beyond Merc or BMW, It’s also the car Tesla company car drivers really want.
Everyone just looks, you see 10 year old boys drop their jaws, pointing fingers saying “dad, dad, look!” and then their fathers acting like you’re not there and anxiously pulling them away. You see women in traffic flirting and looking at their man with a look like “where did you go wrong”

Besides driving, design and pride of ownership, silent envy is the most fun :) Even my wife notices it in traffic sitting next to me. Dropping kids of at school is also fun.
Not the biggest fan of silent envy.

I tend to believe it creates a negative aura or some kind karma later on.

I know I know then why do we own a Porsche?

Because it’s just so fun to drive and I feel owning one is being part of something very special in the Motorsport world.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag

Because it’s just so fun to drive and I feel owning one is being part of something very special in the Motorsport world.
Old tradition says you should carry a horn to keep the negative aura away. Something like this:
Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? images

Unfortunately, for it to be effective for something as a Taycan, you'd need something more like this:
Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? download

No idea how to store that in the frunk

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Old tradition says you should carry a horn to keep the negative aura away. Something like this:
images.jpeg

Unfortunately, for it to be effective for something as a Taycan, you'd need something more like this:
download.jpeg

No idea how to store that in the frunk
dying !!! hahahahahaha :)))

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag

Envy is the other side, not something you control. And pride of ownership of something a bit more exclusive is great..

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Envy is the other side, not something you control. And pride of ownership of something a bit more exclusive is great..
It does depend on the individual.

My wife has never liked going anywhere in my Ferrari "one of my friends might see me in it".

I avoid driving through any towns in it.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Wow not like that round here!

There aren't many Taycan's around and nobody much notices mine, or at least not in a way that would draw my attention driving by.
There are rapidly increasing numbers of Taycans round our neck of the woods.

I have seen 2 other Ice Grey Taycans in my immediate neighborhood in the last 2 weeks.

And on a recent 20 minute journey, I spotted 7.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Seems the UK is flourishing then :) If Taycans become common as company cars people must be making money.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
There are rapidly increasing numbers of Taycans round our neck of the woods.

I have seen 2 other Ice Grey Taycans in my immediate neighborhood in the last 2 weeks.

And on a recent 20 minute journey, I spotted 7.
Not around here.
I have seen one parked in town and spotted 3 driving through in the last couple of years.

dstepin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' Taycan RWD
Country flag
I love driving this car. I get in, drive, then smile. It has not let me down since I've gotten it. I thought the delivery anticipation would surely lead to me being disappointed, but it has exceeded all the expectations I've had. It's a space ship. I have a lead foot so and I think pretty good reaction time, so nobody beats me of the green light which here and there is satisfying. The amount of BMWs abs Tesla that like to try to race and go nuts next to me though is a separate problem. One time a Tesla AHEAD of me was driving up the hill and saw me driving up behind him so he went 75 up a curved a single lane in our residential neighborhood, passing another Tesla infront of him via the small hazard stopping/passing lane that divides the lanes (full on dust flying everywhere all that), was super dangerous and basically a blind spot because of how that road curves... and I wasn't even riding his coattails. So aside the maniacs from time to time, it's awesome to drive.
Sponsored