Why do you LOVE your Taycan ?

TacticalExpedition

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y
Country flag
I love the look and the quiet driving experience. All the people on the road look at it real quick.
Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? CB6BD022-AF17-40D7-AB38-F84C30E2CB0A
Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? 8648A9F9-A155-4FA6-9765-A29845D71895
Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? 6C34B87D-FD77-42F5-AAF5-29DABFDB08F1
Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? DE8914AA-C74D-4BA0-9794-0F19004FC01F

KumaYama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aston Martin DBS, Tycan GTS Sport Turismo PTS 2023
Country flag
theres many things I love about my Taycan, but to say one thing. Burmaster! what an amazing soundsystem. Pure magic

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I had a guy catch up to me o a bicycle and ask me to pull over. I was wondering what kind of emergency he was having, instead, he says "I just wanted to let you know your car looks phenomenal".
That would have honestly annoyed me. Having been in Porsches since 1998, I don't need or want that kind of attention. I buy these things for the driving experience and the pleasure to my own eye.

It's like that Pulp Fiction scene where Quentin Tarentino talks about his coffee.

"I know my coffee is good. I'm the one who buys it. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it, I want to taste it."

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Hey ! I have locked and couldn't and can't wait to get the car... apart from sometimes, and hence my post !!!! :CWL:I have never had a long wait for a car before (having never really spent my dosh on cars, this is the first time for me!) Unfortunately, the wait is making me over think. No idea why. TOP GEAR VIDEOS on YouTube make me beyond excited but every now and again I worry if the wait will be worth it!! Seeing as I can't watch Topgear anymore for fear of spoiling it, I am looking to forum friends to help me keep excited and thinking I am doing the right thing....if you wouldn't mind, let me know Why you LOVE your Taycan ? (if you think its pants, please don't tell me as I might cry :CWL:):clap:. Thanks in advance:angel:
1. Good looking
2. Fast
3. Best handling & steering EV on the market
4. Porsche build and interior quality
5. Decent all around usability with the Turismo wagon/estate hatchback
6. Porsche did a good job making sure this EV still feels like a sports car to drive

Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? PSX_20230117_132824

Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? PSX_20230118_110942
Porsche Taycan Why do you LOVE your Taycan ? PSX_20230118_110411

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Had mine (first Porsche!) for barely a week. As others have said - looks great, drives great, everything feels incredibly solid and high quality. I’d seen a zillion reviews and videos so I wasn’t really surprised, but here’s a couple things that I was pleasantly surprised by.

1) When entering, I love how the seat/wheel move back to greet you, and then pull together once you sit down and close the door, accompanied by a subtle little sequence of graphics across the screens as everything “powers up”. It feels like I’m firing up a spaceship every time. :)

2) The back seats are actually pretty good if you and your passengers are average height. I’m somewhere around 5’10”-5’11”, and I tried climbing in the back behind the driver seat after I set it up. It’s honestly quite comfy back there despite the press endlessly whining about it. I have a sedan with glass roof, headroom is fine.

3)The natural sound of the motors (sport sound disabled) is actually pleasant, and sounds much more intentional and refined than the whine that sometimes creeps into the cabin on my Model 3. It’s lower frequency and smoother.

4) Ice grey looks sooo good contrasting with all of the black GTS bits (trim, RS spyders, powered charge port door, and I did the door handles too).

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
You really like it after you pick it up back from the dealer for fixes every 4 months while they gave you a nice Macan loaner with a 4 four cylinders.

Delightful every time.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
The Taycan is definitely moving the envy needle way beyond Merc or BMW, It’s also the car Tesla company car drivers really want.
Everyone just looks, you see 10 year old boys drop their jaws, pointing fingers saying “dad, dad, look!” and then their fathers acting like you’re not there and anxiously pulling them away. You see women in traffic flirting and looking at their man with a look like “where did you go wrong”

Besides driving, design and pride of ownership, silent envy is the most fun :) Even my wife notices it in traffic sitting next to me. Dropping kids of at school is also fun.

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
Sorry, my wife says I'm not allowed to love my car as well- she's still not got over being demoted when we got our dog.
But I am allowed to say that I'm madly in like with it because I was able to spec it exactly as I wanted, so it makes me smile- not least for a retro colour combo that many find too much.
just an FYI I LOVE your colour combo.. and so funny about your wife and the dog hahaha :)))

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First of all, Welcome to the forum Sarah.

I was worried all the anticipation would lead to an inevitable let down when the car arrived. Nothing can ruin anything like high expectations! The best part was the car exceeded all expectations. I used to be a very efficient driver, as far as 1 trip to get all errands done. Now, I go out of my way to make extra trips because I enjoy driving the car so much.
Thank you for the warm welcome.... love this !

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like cars but I am not (wasn't?) a car guy. I needed a new car and I was determined to go electric. I followed Teslas for a few years, sat in a Model 3 at a Tesla store and around the same time the Yoke on the Model S came out. That was it , no Tesla for me. I have learned a lot more about them (on this forum funny enough) that it is even a bigger no for me now.

One thing led another....slippery slope...next thing you know I ordered a Taycan.

The Taycan is just a fantastic car. It is striking. It puts a smile on my face every time I see it. My car wash place posted this picture on Instagram. I thought to myself that's an awesome car...and it's mine.

IMG_4788.jpeg

I also really enjoy the joy it brings to other people. I've had guys approach me and tell me how much they love the car. I had a guy catch up to me o a bicycle and ask me to pull over. I was wondering what kind of emergency he was having, instead, he says "I just wanted to let you know your car looks phenomenal". Another guy stopped me and said to me, "that is the most beautiful car ever built in the most awesome color ever made" ...probably an exaggeration but I'll take it.

Then there is Neptune Blue. I kid you not, all my cars for the last 20 years or so have been some shade of metallic silver. If there was a time to get another color this was it. Mamba Green people I salute you, it looks awesome, but that's a bridge too far for me. It's like my car changes color all the time, sometimes it's dark blue, some days it's really light. Really enjoy that.

The drive, I unfortunately (and fortunately) have been working from home and driving it a little less so if there is an errand to run, I'm volunteering. It drives like a dream, and then you switch from Normal to Sport and it's turns into a different car, a different experience that is even better than what already was pretty amazing.

I have been egged on by other cars to race them. I never bite...except this one time when this guy got next to me and the highway was practically empty. I smoked the guy and I didn't even test the limit of the Taycan... I smirked like a teenager. If you knew me, you'd know it's completely out of character for me.

I wash my car...I hadn't done that in probably 25 years.

It's awesome.
Ive read this post a few times now- makes me smile so much ! fabulous :)) enjoy her. I adore Neptune but went... MAMBA :))))))

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1. Good looking
2. Fast
3. Best handling & steering EV on the market
4. Porsche build and interior quality
5. Decent all around usability with the Turismo wagon/estate hatchback
6. Porsche did a good job making sure this EV still feels like a sports car to drive

PSX_20230117_132824.jpg

PSX_20230118_110942.jpg
PSX_20230118_110411.jpg
can't wait to put my 2 rescue doggies in the back !! Its great to see its useful and beautiful. thank you :))

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Everyone just looks, you see 10 year old boys drop their jaws, pointing fingers saying “dad, dad, look!” and then their fathers acting like you’re not there and anxiously pulling them away. You see women in traffic flirting and looking at their man with a look like “where did you go wrong”
Wow not like that round here!

There aren't many Taycan's around and nobody much notices mine, or at least not in a way that would draw my attention driving by.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Wow not like that round here!

There aren't many Taycan's around and nobody much notices mine, or at least not in a way that would draw my attention driving by.
I think this is perhaps more British reserve. I've noticed kids gawping and adults staring. I've already had some not-so-welcome attention on a motorway though, an idiot in a terrible looking Audi S3 decided to play 'games' on the M3 which wasn't fun.
Sponsored