B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Are you getting PDCC? I’ve read posts that say that it helps smooth out bumps also. I don’t have it and have no opinion. But your post made me think of it.
I have PDCC but I couldn’t compare ride without.
with 21” I was expecting …how,to explain… more bumps on some parts of the road near me, but it was very smooth all the way home.
Sponsored

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m retired so I don’t drive daily! But if I don’t need to haul something in my Cayenne Diesel, I take the Taycan! I have been a die hard ICE guy, but I love this 4S! Sometimes I just need to creat errands to run so I can take her for a drive!

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I think from the poll results it's safe to say the Taycan is a great daily driver. :cool:

I don't feel so bad putting on 6k miles in 6 months then.
Definitely drive the car...I have been driving an average of 1k/month even during pandemic...a short grocery run ends up with a "slight" detour.

Sabreliner

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan 4S, '91 911 C4
Country flag
My point is, some cars can be daily drivers in some places but not in others. I'm specing out my Taycan with 20" wheels precisely because I intend to drive it every day on crappy WA roads. I hope that works, since 19" will not fit with the larger brakes. I also hope the suspension setting work well in a Taycan, so I can smooth out the bumps for boring rides, and feel every little road bump when I feel like driving for fun.
I hear you, I used to daily a 991.2 base Carrera with a manual, even through the winter. People thought I was nuts but it was surprisingly great in the snow (as long as ground/snow clearance was not an issue), but I had to clench through some of the rougher segments of roads and expansion joints.

Your back will thank you for switching to the Taycan (if you have not already). It is significantly less harsh than the 911 in any mode, and I'm running the Turbo aero wheels. Plus a coffee cup holder that doesn't give you anxiety attacks is always a plus.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Are you getting PDCC? I’ve read posts that say that it helps smooth out bumps also. I don’t have it and have no opinion. But your post made me think of it.
Yes I am getting "PDCC Sport" as a part of the Performance Package. I never thought of it as useful to smooth out bumps on boring drives, but it makes sense.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hear you, I used to daily a 991.2 base Carrera with a manual, even through the winter. People thought I was nuts but it was surprisingly great in the snow (as long as ground/snow clearance was not an issue), but I had to clench through some of the rougher segments of roads and expansion joints.

Your back will thank you for switching to the Taycan (if you have not already). It is significantly less harsh than the 911 in any mode, and I'm running the Turbo aero wheels. Plus a coffee cup holder that doesn't give you anxiety attacks is always a plus.
No Taycan for me yet - still waiting for a production allocation (at multiple dealers too, deposits are refundable). Have been driving Model S's since 2013. You did remind me of another thing which can make or break a car as a commuter car for me - a manual transmission. My 911 was manual too, as were all the cars I owned prior to that. I switched to automatic because my commute got longer in rush traffic, but still missed the manual transmission for fun drives. HOWEVER, once I switched to EV's, I don't miss the manual transmission any more - a single gear is better than multiple manual gears. I wish Taycan would have had only one gear, but it's a trade-off I am willing to make.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No Taycan for me yet - still waiting for a production allocation (at multiple dealers too, deposits are refundable). Have been driving Model S's since 2013. You did remind me of another thing which can make or break a car as a commuter car for me - a manual transmission. My 911 was manual too, as were all the cars I owned prior to that. I switched to automatic because my commute got longer in rush traffic, but still missed the manual transmission for fun drives. HOWEVER, once I switched to EV's, I don't miss the manual transmission any more - a single gear is better than multiple manual gears. I wish Taycan would have had only one gear, but it's a trade-off I am willing to make.
Honestly, you can't really tell that it's 2 gears on the Taycan, it feels like one gear.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Honestly, you can't really tell that it's 2 gears on the Taycan, it feels like one gear.
Yea, I noticed the smoothing out in the latest test drive. When the Taycan first came out, I test drove it, and the shifting was jarring and not something I would have wanted. Fast forward to today (a couple of month ago) when I test drove it again, this time MUCH smoother, not bad at all. I suspect they tweaked when to shift and possibly made the shifting quicker and/or smoother since the introduction.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
...drive their cars like they would ride a cow - get on it, point it in the general direction, never worry who's you're blocking by doing 10 under speed limit in the fast lane.
You must be in China. :giggle:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Yes I am getting "PDCC Sport" as a part of the Performance Package. I never thought of it as useful to smooth out bumps on boring drives, but it makes sense.
PDCC is just an active sway bar, but one of the underrated benefits is how it absorbs road bumps.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
In less than a year, i have over 13k miles. I always DRIVE my cars! That is what they are built for. Good gosh we paid enough, enjoy them as much as possible!
Absolutely!

Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
5 days per week for the past year, 12k miles and no issues. South Florida helps...

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
18000km in 5 months and haven't been to work a single day...
You like me, I put all the miles on mine and I’ve been to my office maybe 5 times this whole year since I got the car! ? Two big road trips, a couple small ones and just driving for no reason at all than the enjoyment of the vehicle! Cheers!