philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
ceramic brakes. virtually no brake dust. nothing looks worse then seeing a fresh washed car, but brake dust still on the wheels . if you get mission e style or spoke wheels do yourself a favor and get ceramic brakes.
for such a heavy car the brake dust has been minimal due to regen. Ceramics are $$$ just to fix a dust issue? (asking for a friend)
Sponsored

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Peoples requirements vary massively and its great that Porsche allow you to personalise your car to suit your own circumstances.
You mean: Porsche's cars are so basic that really everybody is forced to add options to come to a minimal level of features for their circumstances.
:)

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
The single most important option for my 4S would be the 22KW on board fast charger. This allows me to use fast chargers in our city so I would not have to spend ages parked up using a 6 to 8KW/H charger.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Why would you want just Taycan and not include the Turbo? Most people want to highlight that part. The ones who ironically want to remove the badging are the ones who get the Taycan.
Because the RWD is better than the Turbo!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
You mean: Porsche's cars are so basic that really everybody is forced to add options to come to a minimal level of features for their circumstances.
Good point.
In order to get the spec of my Taycan order to include standard items on our Prius plug-in hybrid would require £8.5k of extras (I didn't choose them all) and that is a car with structural carbon fibre parts in its design (as opposed to cosmetic trim options!).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Because the RWD is better than the Turbo!
With the clear and unavoidable exception of regeneration.

Balancing disc and regeneration deceleration on a 2-WD car is difficult and probably always non-optimum though admittedly my experience is Formula 1 so on-limit braking always.

Personally I have never chosen a 4WD IC engined car, never worth the weight for the sort of driving I do, but would not consider a 2WD EV for better regeneration and brake balance reasons.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
That's true....

But I also see 'must have ' options mentioned here, which I really don't need /want in the slightest. And I'm sure vice versa is true.

People's location / mileage / roads / parking / climate etc varies greatly and there's where options come in.

JGF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Every one of the options. This is a daily driver, massage seats every day for drive home.

-------------
CT4
Cherry Metallic: GORGEOUS in the sun
Standard Interior in Black/ Limestone Beige: No complaint and do not miss the full leather.
Premium Package: "Completer Package" these should be standard
Roof Rails in Black Aluminum Finish: only one I have not yet use, will for bikes
Power Folding Exterior Mirrors: a must and should be standard
Deletion of Model Designation:
Rear Axle Steering: LOVE IT.
19" Taycan S Aero Wheels: waiting for the winter tires, Turbo S wheels for summer
All-Season Tires for 19" Wheels: live in Michigan...plus they will be discarded for winter tires
Technology Package: LOVE heads UP..
Porsche InnoDrive: not as good as BMW, make traffic jams less stressful..
Rear 2+1 Seats: used several times
Seat Heating (Front and Rear)
Massage Seat Function (Front) incl. Ventilated Seats (Front), YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heated Steering Wheel; weak heat compared to BMW's
On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger: one I like will never realize the benefit.
-----------------------------

Do not miss (common options):

-Sports Chrono: If I want sport I push the "SPORT" in center screen ("Gravel" for hose with SC), and I have Drive select as the center of the "tri-screen" PCM screen.
-Sport SOUND: I love the quiet car.. and I can make all the sounds I want

----
Wish I had:
-Matrix Headlight now that they are US approved..

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Every one of the options. This is a daily driver, massage seats every day for drive home.

-------------
CT4
Standard Interior in Black/ Limestone Beige: No complaint and do not miss the full leather.
Roof Rails in Black Aluminum Finish: only one I have not yet use, will for bikes
19" Taycan S Aero Wheels: waiting for the winter tires, Turbo S wheels for summer
All-Season Tires for 19" Wheels: live in Michigan...plus they will be discarded for winter tires
Massage Seat Function (Front) incl. Ventilated Seats (Front), YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Sports Chrono: If I want sport I push the "SPORT" in center screen ("Gravel" for hose with SC), and I have Drive select as the center of the "tri-screen" PCM screen.

----
Wish I had:
What do you mean by this "On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger: one I like will never realize the benefit"

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Greetings!

My favorite options are:

- Aesthetics and comfort:

1st Place: Ambient lighting. Couldn't imagine not having this, and love how it changes to match album art. Driving at night is just so cool. Feel like this option is underrated, maybe because most of us have it with the package.

2nd place: Olea Atacama Beige. I love the contrast of the black and beige and how leather is everywhere. Feels so luxurious.

- Performance:

1st place: Air Suspension. I use the lift button a lot, but am in Lowered mode most of the time.

2nd place: RAS. Turning radius is amazing

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Greetings!

My favorite options are:

- Aesthetics and comfort:

1st Place: Ambient lighting. Couldn't imagine not having this, and love how it changes to match album art. Driving at night is just so cool. Feel like this option is underrated, maybe because most of us have it with the package.

2nd place: Olea Atacama Beige. I love the contrast of the black and beige and how leather is everywhere. Feels so luxurious.

- Performance:

1st place: Air Suspension. I use the lift button a lot, but am in Lowered mode most of the time.

2nd place: RAS. Turning radius is amazing
How is the Olea leather holding up (bolsters?) I decided to add this to my built after I saw the bordeaux red in person, which I had originally picked.

Thanks!

moon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
doesn’t add to the driving experience but I’d pick the full leather interior, is it worth whatever they charged me here in Canada?

Likely not but it’s adds a lot to the interior. The chalk and black looks really nice.

the option that pisses me off that it’s not standard is folding side mirrors, I was so annoyed I missed checking that box , all our other cars have it. Does t make a world of difference I know but still….
What is folding mirrors??

-------------
CT4

----
Wish I had:
Waw.. you have a taycan with so many options..

OP
OP
Plumley32

Plumley32

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Sport Turismo (arrived.)
Country flag
What an interesting response to the thread. It really shows that there doesn't seem to be 1 stand out option that everyone loves, or for that fact hates.

Example in point is the Sport Sound. People either love it as a favourite option, where for others it's what they would leave off if they ordered again.

So the fact that the car is so customisable and can be tailored to your own personal preference is great.
Everyone moans with the Porsche Taycan everything is a payable option but look how much people love choosing their options. Downside is when it comes to resale there isn't "the options everyone wants". But when ordering the car you are choosing based on your own preference.
Each response has been a worthy read and a true eye opener to what people enjoy about their Taycan.
I for one am interested to hear more from other owners who are yet to post...