Why go for the Performance Battery Plus?

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Sports chrono is essential: drive modes and ride heights. That’s the one function I use daily together with Sports Sound.
the Taycan is very quick with launch control, left foot on brake, right on throttle, launch mode engages immediately, release brake, get launched. It’s the muscle memory that resists the left foot on the brake at first, but you get used to it quickly.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Sports chrono is essential: drive modes and ride heights.
I manage just fine without sport chrono. There are multiple ways to change modes without it being too cumbersome. I use the “sport” button on the lower center screen all the time to toggle between sport and normal. I also have a ride mode widget configured onto the 2nd Home Screen. The thing that would be useful about sport chrono IMO is the individual mode.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
I don’t like the touch screens, for tactile changes, my eyes always need to seek the right icon. The ergonomics of the dial are worth it alone. Further the clock is nice to look at, since the only other clock is behind the steering wheel, need to look around the steering wheel to see it.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
I don’t like the touch screens, for tactile changes, my eyes always need to seek the right icon. The ergonomics of the dial are worth it alone. Further the clock is nice to look at, since the only other clock is behind the steering wheel, need to look around the steering wheel to see it.
Isn't it also the only way to get the GT steering wheel?

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Dunno, I have the carbon racetex wheel with sports chrono dial (range > normal > sport > sport plus > individual) can’t live without it :)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Loving these stats!

Does anyone actually use launch control other than in the few few weeks when the car is new, not sure about others but I find it difficult to find places suitable to test it, in my BMW as it takes around 30 seconds to go through the procedure and often does not engage first time!

Therefore as stated above the main factors in 4S PB+ VS 4S PB are short term acceleration (where both PB+/PB are the same) and 80-120 (again where they are the same).

This debate is not about what I can afford but more about getting the best 'bang for buck' I think the 4S looks to have this in terms of 'sweet spot' in the range and the standard PB is only of value if you need the extra range.

Decision made.

I just now need to think about the sports chrono pack, which also feels like money for nothing!!!! but that's another thread!
I used launch control at the PEC event at Silverstone several times but never been anywhere I could use it in my own car.
I would agree the 4S is the sweet spot, price/performance wise.

axpy

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD
Country flag
On top of what everyone already said, the battery has a significant environmental impact in an EV. For me, reducing my environmental footprint is important and I frankly never regretted not having the PB+. As for range anxiety, it's a pre-purchase issue. Once you get use to EVs and infra (and as the infra improves), it goes away.
Sponsored