Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm trying to figure out from this thread if the colored icons/update is limited to newly received cars or there is actually an update out for previous versions. I pick up my 2022 CT4S today and it has the monochromatic icons. "Missed it by that much". I think my brain is operating on the older software too :blush:
Sponsored

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
I'm trying to figure out from this thread if the colored icons/update is limited to newly received cars or there is actually an update out for previous versions. I pick up my 2022 CT4S today and it has the monochromatic icons. "Missed it by that much". I think my brain is operating on the older software too :blush:
Hopefully you have the option of reverting if you so wish.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't have the color icon update on my 2022, but I like the pictures. Really not much change for me since I usually have CarPlay up and all of those icons are in color.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
We reckon March'22 built cars onwards and potential software patch for MY22 cars at the very least.

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
That's fair, but I think most people want it because the assumption is it will be faster, smoother, more snappy, more stable and less buggy. In addition, it brings wireless Android Auto and also brings native Spotify. The earlier versions of PCM 6.0 are a full train wreck. Now if this one is as well, then that's less exciting (although personally I'd really love Spotify, especially since I've now somehow lost Apple Podcasts, along with many other 2020 owners!)
Oh wait, new PCM has Spotify in built ?
If yes, then no need to use apple car play anymore.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have the old PCM via 2020 Turbo...there are about 44,000 threads on here complaining about it; I was waiting for someone to complain about the new PCM...this is a forum afterall!

I think the color, within reason, makes it easy to spot the different selections - funny that the only color in the 2020 is when one selects Apple Radio - that icon lights up with red while everything else remains muted to the OPs choice. Personally, the mini menu on the console screen is something I'd like to see persistent in the 2020.

FWIW - over the last few months, with the updates the system has become so much more stable than it has been in the past.

paul-london

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I’m in the UK and have MY22 CT4S. Is the latest PCM update with Spotify launched in January available in the Uk OTA? Checks constantly but nothing…Tesla been doing this for 10 year already. Contacted dealers and central Porsche and they all know nothing. Thanks!

tortop

First Name
Deniz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone got updated recently to the new colorful version PCM already? When it will be official available for us to upgrade?
I have the same question. I have a Taycan that was delivered in May 2022. No Spotify, no Wireless Android Auto. (I am not an Apple user.) Is there a way I can upgrade to the new PCM that supports Spotify? I'll gladly take the Christmas tree colors for a working streaming music service.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have the same question. I have a Taycan that was delivered in May 2022. No Spotify, no Wireless Android Auto. (I am not an Apple user.) Is there a way I can upgrade to the new PCM that supports Spotify? I'll gladly take the Christmas tree colors for a working streaming music service.
If your PCM hardware is the very latest then it should have come with these features.

If your car was built before a certain cut-off date in March then it won't.

The only way to get the update is either via your dealer or potentially via an OTA update.

The big unknown is when and if this will be forthcoming for MY22 in tonality or only cars produced after the cut-off in March.

The entire availability and migration path has been poorly communicated to the point where dealers have no clue either.
Sponsored