Wireless Car Play Alternative????

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
Has anyone tried this aftermarket product to get wireless Apple Car Play (either in a Taycan or other vehicle)? https://carplay2air.com/
Sponsored

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I have one. It doesn’t work.

Subzilla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 992, Tesla model X 100d, Taycan turbo on order
Country flag
I just bought one to try along with a usb c adaptor, the car doesn’t recognise the device, it does work in my 992 and LR discovery, the latter with intermittent results. The LR interface is glitchy even when a phone is plugged in directly it doesn’t always recognise or trigger CarPlay I did find a sub menu on the LR where you could select what you want the car to prioritise, CarPlay or LR apps

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I tried the CoPilot wireless CarPlay adapter (https://wirelesscopilot.com) and it also did not work. It connects via a USB-C into the unit but the output is regular USB. I tried it both with a USB-C to USB-C cable and a USB to USB-C adapter. Neither worked.

It really boggles my mind that there is no wireless CarPlay on the Taycan. It's huge disappointment as it is one of the things you interface with every time you get into the car. Almost as big a disappointment as the horrible keyless locking system. I stand there like a dummy pushing on the door handles repeatedly trying to get them to lock every time I park. I had a Macan loaner and the wireless CarPlay was flawless and the keyless locking was effortless (simply brushing your finger against the handle locked the car every time). 1st model year woes....

OP
OP
Minnesotan

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
I tried the CoPilot wireless CarPlay adapter (https://wirelesscopilot.com) and it also did not work. It connects via a USB-C into the unit but the output is regular USB. I tried it both with a USB-C to USB-C cable and a USB to USB-C adapter. Neither worked.

It really boggles my mind that there is no wireless CarPlay on the Taycan. It's huge disappointment as it is one of the things you interface with every time you get into the car. Almost as big a disappointment as the horrible keyless locking system. I stand there like a dummy pushing on the door handles repeatedly trying to get them to lock every time I park. I had a Macan loaner and the wireless CarPlay was flawless and the keyless locking was effortless (simply brushing your finger against the handle locked the car every time). 1st model year woes....
I also have trouble with the keyless locking on the driver’s door. Yes, sometimes you stand there and keep pushing on the door handle, hoping and waiting for the car to lock :(
Sponsored