First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Hi all
My wife experienced a sudden loss of drive today without me in the car. Luckily I had just this morning warned about all the issues people on the forum have been having and it wasn’t a dangerous spot. Car came to a halt and she was able to turn off and on and all well again.

The only light or warning she saw was the yellow turtle sign, no big red error messages etc. The good to know app refers to this as states
“Restricted drive power warning light

Drive power is restricted. The high-voltage battery may not be sufficiently charged or is at its operating temperature limits, such as in very cold outdoor temperatures”

Has anyone else had this brand of drive train loss please?

Mine is a UK2021 4S. Wma update 2 months and 2000 miles ago.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you know what the battery charge and temperature was at the time? Or was it was unassociated with either?

OP
OP
mangobay

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t think either relevant this time. Battery soc about 79% and temp about 18degrees centigrade.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That's a worry particularly if you had the WMA updates. I think there have been subsequent patches issued too. Take it to your dealer to investigate given the safety issues it raises and don't ignore.

PasaDena

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Has this issue been solved yet? I had this exact same problem earlier this week (and unfortunately not on a very safe spot...). My car was towed away and is at back at the dealer right now. During a test drive they had the same issue but have not been able to find the problem and/or a solution yet.

OP
OP
mangobay

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I dont have a resolution for you sorry. I spoke to my dealer about it (who have been good on other issues) and they have not seen or heard of it before, so we agreed I would keep using the car and see if it happened again - I cant really be without the car for days while they try and recreate the issue. The issue has not occurred again yet. As soon as it does it will be going in, but I am hoping it was a random software glitch. Hope you get you car sorted out.

PasaDena

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thx. A random software glitch was what I feared, cause that would mean it can happen again at any inconvenient moment. Luckily the dealer just called and informed me they found a malfunctioning valve (at least that's what I understood) that is related to cooling the rear axle. This part will be replaced next week.

PasaDena

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
@PasaDena what was the resolution for your car?

I just experienced this for the first time.
As this was apparently a hardware issue, the dealer replaced the valve. Took some time for them to get this part. Last week the car also received a software update aimed at preventing a software issue which seems to cause similar problems / power loss, but that is something different than what I experienced.

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
As this was apparently a hardware issue, the dealer replaced the valve. Took some time for them to get this part. Last week the car also received a software update aimed at preventing a software issue which seems to cause similar problems / power loss, but that is something different than what I experienced.
Do you have a description of the valve or part number? Was it the coolant circuit valve ?
Sponsored