My car lost/reduced power several times today

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
Today, soon after heading out, I was driving onto a 60 MPH limit road, building from around 30 MPH. When I put my foot down virtually nothing happened.

The car sort of just stuttered - up to 40 ish, back down to 35 and so it went on. Even flooring it, it was as if a big rubber band was pulling the car back!

This went on until I was able to stop a few miles down the road.

After turning the car off and then back on, all seemed fine. It then happened again around 15 minutes later. This time I could see a yellow warning symbol flashing on and off the cockpit console screen. However, as I was on a motorway I couldn’t make out what the symbol was.

The car is two weeks old so would have had the update I would have thought.

The car has all the driving assistance features - ACC, ALK, ALA + InnoDrive. Assistance features were on the first time it happened, but I had turned it all off before it happened the second time. There also wasn’t any cars in front of me both times.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Awg454

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Today, soon after heading out, I was driving onto a 60 MPH limit road, building from around 30 MPH. When I put my foot down virtually nothing happened.

The car sort of just stuttered - up to 40 ish, back down to 35 and so it went on. Even flooring it, it was as if a big rubber band was pulling the car back!

This went on until I was able to stop a few miles down the road.

After turning the car off and then back on, all seemed fine. It then happened again around 15 minutes later. This time I could see a yellow warning symbol flashing on and off the cockpit console screen. However, as I was on a motorway I couldn’t make out what the symbol was.

The car is two weeks old so would have had the update I would have thought.

The car has all the driving assistance features - ACC, ALK, ALA + InnoDrive. Assistance features were on the first time it happened, but I had turned it all off before it happened the second time. There also wasn’t any cars in front of me both times.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Hi did you get this resolved mine has done the same today

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Has the car had the recall software update?

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi did you get this resolved mine has done the same today
It hasn’t done it since, so hopefully just a one off.

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I assume so, as it was built after the recall update was released.
Check with your dealer or run VIN for recalls. Just because it was built after the update was released does not mean it got completed. Factory may want to expedite the export and let the selling dealer handle the update.

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Check with your dealer or run VIN for recalls. Just because it was built after the update was released does not mean it got completed. Factory may want to expedite the export and let the selling dealer handle the update.
Good advice. Will do tomorrow. Not sure if a VIN checker that works to show you UK recalls, so may have to rely on the dealer.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Sounds like it was turtling. Did you check the battery temp? Was it too hot or cold?

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
Had a sort of similar experience to the OP yesterday..

Happily driving along with cruise control set at around 73 mph on a motorway in my usual 'individual' mode (chassis etc normal > suspension lowered) and the car started to lose speed. No warning lights but throttle pedal completely unresponsive so was about to pull in when I thought I'd just try switching to another drive mode. As soon as I moved the mode switch to sport plus (easy as I've go the sport chrono pack) it was back to normal.

I concluded that the car had decided to slip into range mode without telling me and for no apparent reason. Slightly different circumstances to the OP I agree, but strange nonetheless

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
the elephant in the room is that porsche refuses to acknowledge that there is an issue. many of us have experienced this, I sometimes get the warning/shut down multiple times on short rides.
I am concerned that while the shutdown lasts only for a moment, one time it will not recover.
I have filed a NHTSA report and nothing has come of that, my service center has no explanation because they are not going to address anything until the porsche mothership accepts that there is a problem and conjures up a fix for the problem.

I certainly hope that nobody ever has a serious incident caused by this software flaw.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
the elephant in the room is that porsche refuses to acknowledge that there is an issue. many of us have experienced this, I sometimes get the warning/shut down multiple times on short rides.
I am concerned that while the shutdown lasts only for a moment, one time it will not recover.
I have filed a NHTSA report and nothing has come of that, my service center has no explanation because they are not going to address anything until the porsche mothership accepts that there is a problem and conjures up a fix for the problem.

I certainly hope that nobody ever has a serious incident caused by this software flaw.
kort you were around for the first round of this and all that bs with the dead car rolling error. Is this happening again?! When the second software update was announced I just traded the taycan in to be done with it with what happened Last time.

I can’t believe it’s already happening a second time.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
kort you were around for the first round of this and all that bs with the dead car rolling error. Is this happening again?! When the second software update was announced I just traded the taycan in to be done with it with what happened Last time.

I can’t believe it’s already happening a second time.
this may not be the same issue. what I have is that the car will flash driver must assume control on a red screen in the left window and the car will lose power when it flashes until I jerk the steering wheel a bit to "wake it up".

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
this may not be the same issue. what I have is that the car will flash driver must assume control on a red screen in the left window and the car will lose power when it flashes until I jerk the steering wheel a bit to "wake it up".
oh yea had that too. Never got Porsche to fix it. Just gave up. OP issue sounds new