TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
BTW - have you been given a build date? My OPC are hoping Q4 for mine.
Still nothing. I was phoning around a few dealers at the weekend to see what they could offer; the best was Reading, who had an allocation for Q4. I paid the deposit with Cambridge end of April and am hoping to hear back next week on what the progress is (salesman is away). If I’m far down the waitlist I might move it to Reading.

I’m not desperate to get the Turbo S, I just see the deprecation monster gloating away on the Turbo, so would rather get rid as soon as possible.
Sponsored

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Still nothing. I was phoning around a few dealers at the weekend to see what they could offer; the best was Reading, who had an allocation for Q4. I paid the deposit with Cambridge end of April and am hoping to hear back next week on what the progress is (salesman is away). If I’m far down the waitlist I might move it to Reading.

I’m not desperate to get the Turbo S, I just see the deprecation monster gloating away on the Turbo, so would rather get rid as soon as possible.
I ordered mine on 06 January and was told there wouldn't be many Turbo S Taycans coming to the UK in 2021. I'm first in line at Norwich (with another behind me), but Norwich are a new OPC, and I'm not sure they'll be getting the same quantity of allocations as a more established dealership.

It might be worth moving to Reading if they can guarantee you a slot - I share your concern about depreciation.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I ordered mine on 06 January and was told there wouldn't be many Turbo S Taycans coming to the UK in 2021. I'm first in line at Norwich (with another behind me), but Norwich are a new OPC, and I'm not sure they'll be getting the same quantity of allocations as a more established dealership.

It might be worth moving to Reading if they can guarantee you a slot - I share your concern about depreciation.
Wholesale values are still high on the Taycan in the US. When you factor in the dealer discounts and the tax rebate, its not that far off.
As used car prices stabilize, we should get a better idea of the true depreciation

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I’ve been told that I’m going to get a 2022 build, but they still haven’t released the updated configurator in Sweden yet, so I’m probably going to do some slight alternations when that happens.

Here is my current order anyway:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTYA2Z3

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Passenger screen could be useful if you are not driving alone.
Also, interior looks better.

OP
OP
TomC

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN12VDG0

Here is my build, finalizes in a couple weeks. Any suggestions are welcomed.
I love it. The colour choice, the wheels, the details (Interior Accents in Exterior Color, Light Strip, Glacier Blue Matrix lights). Absolutely beautiful.

Few points:

• FWIW I have your Black/Chalk interior in my current Turbo and I really like it, I just wanted to try Olea, which has the added benefit that the back of the front seats is also covered - it just feels a bit cheap/plasticy currently.
  • 4 Zone Climate Control is worth it if you have kids in the back
  • I don't know much about it, but I have not read a lot of positivity around the Mobile Charger Connect - definitely something you need?

I see that the standard equipment listing now has Steel coil spring suspension with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM). No air springs available for 2022?
I've got to assume that's a mistake, as even the 4S has Air Suspension

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
Here's my build. 2021, ordered in June, expecting delivery in September. Think I got the last possible '21 but not complaining because I actually got one lol. PMDKNMD0 - only change from this is I dropped the 14 ways/massage to the 18 ways.

Cannot wait. Girlfriend is convinced the green is too bright and overkill and is going to get me pulled over every other mile but... this is my first Porsche, going big with the Turbo S, so hey.

Porsche Taycan Your Turbo S config 1627721183508

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I love it. The colour choice, the wheels, the details (Interior Accents in Exterior Color, Light Strip, Glacier Blue Matrix lights). Absolutely beautiful.

Few points:

• FWIW I have your Black/Chalk interior in my current Turbo and I really like it, I just wanted to try Olea, which has the added benefit that the back of the front seats is also covered - it just feels a bit cheap/plasticy currently.
  • I don't know much about it, but I have not read a lot of positivity around the Mobile Charger Connect - definitely something you need?

It's crazy to me that a $200k car would have that much plastic, especially a huge surface area like the back seat.

The Olea leather is better quality, softer, more leather used in the interior.
Its a different part of the hide and not as stretched as the standard Porsche leather.

I didn't know Olea is a species of olive tree, hence the olive on the side of the seats.
The leather dye is natural and has a different scent than the standard leather.
I've also heard that the Olea is a darker black than the standard leather. Some say the black standard leather looks gray

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's my build. 2021, ordered in June, expecting delivery in September. Think I got the last possible '21 but not complaining because I actually got one lol. PMDKNMD0 - only change from this is I dropped the 14 ways/massage to the 18 ways.

Cannot wait. Girlfriend is convinced the green is too bright and overkill and is going to get me pulled over every other mile but... this is my first Porsche, going big with the Turbo S, so hey.

1627721183508.png
Mega build, it's lovely.

Mamba is stunning especially in person.

What are your thoughts on the club leather with mamba deviated stitching?

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
What are your thoughts on the club leather with mamba deviated stitching?
Bit much for me having some green inside too, but could see it working! I really wanted the Chalk interior otherwise probably would have paid up for the club leather. I've seen some people do the "Interior accents in exterior colour" too if you really wanted to double down. Here's a mamba Taycan with that. Again, too much for me, but it does look snazzy.

McNasty

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Few points:

Thank you!

I originally was going to do the 4 zone climate control but the GM at the dealership recommend against it, saying he's had a couple people crack the screen while getting in and out of the car.

OP
OP
TomC

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I originally was going to do the 4 zone climate control but the GM at the dealership recommend against it, saying he's had a couple people crack the screen while getting in and out of the car.
I'm as clumsy as they come (and 187cm, which is 95% legs), yet I can't even comprehend how someone would get into the car and slam their foot into the screen. Maybe your dealer only sells to parkour trainers?

I decided to amend my order to have the black calipers and received confirmation it's going into build in October:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN4TBYV9
Sponsored