Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Rumor is @Jhenson29 carries a supply of empty Pringles cans for his one-stop 1000 mile trips in his Silverado.
I’m not sure that sounds liquid tight. Maybe for solids….?

Actually, just about everyone I work with is like this. Stop as little as possible. We’re also paid by the mile while driving. ? But it’s carried over to how I just think of travel in general.

I did hear a story about one person using an empty bottle to reduce stops while driving to Canada. ? I requested to not be given that vehicle anymore.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Bathroom breaks? Who can drive 500 miles without stopping for a break?

-ThinkMac-
Am I the only one that doesn’t have to use the bathroom every 2 hours?

500 miles/7-8 hours is nothing.

On long flights (South Africa, China, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand (through Tokyo)) I typically don’t leave my seat.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
You must have the performance plus XLR bladder option ! and probably drink only a sip during your long treks. Not my case, indeed !

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

On long flights (South Africa, China, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand (through Tokyo)) I typically don’t leave my seat.
Wait a few years.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The problem with relying on fast charging is that the current & near future infrastructure is going to be CRUSHED w too many cars within 2 years. EA is already low on 350 chargers for the current # of EVs.

If Porsche sticks an 85 in the Macan I won't be buying one.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Range is king, happy to have the performance battery in mine.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag

I’m on same page as you. When needed I can make it work and have done a few 1000 mile pushes with 1-2 stops.

What’s also not acknowledged here is the speed traveling x distance. It’s easier to push 400-500 miles between stops while averaging 80+ mph (Texas speed limits) than cover that distance at 65mph, which I’ve read on this forum provides optimum range on the Taycan. I imagine this is even more relevant to the German customers with their unrestricted stretches of road.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m on same page as you. When needed I can make it work and have done a few 1000 mile pushes with 1-2 stops.

What’s also not acknowledged here is the speed traveling x distance. It’s easier to push 400-500 miles between stops while averaging 80+ mph (Texas speed limits) than cover that distance at 65mph, which I’ve read on this forum provides optimum range on the Taycan. I imagine this is even more relevant to the German customers with their unrestricted stretches of road.
When you get older you may learn about the phrase "prostate problems".

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
The problem is a 500 mile range in an EV isn't actually 500 miles between stops on a long road trip.

You will only fill the battery to 80-85% at charging stops and then drain it to 15% before charging again. So you are really only using 65-70% of the battery with an ideal range of 325-350 miles. Add in other factors like weather and it might be closer to 250-275 miles.

In my opinion 500 miles of nominal range is ideal and should be the long term goal of more premium EVs.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
When you get older you may learn about the phrase "prostate problems".
Lol, my biggest issue with the long pushes currently is the caffeine. Can only put down a couple espressos or Red Bulls before searching for a stop.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I often stop on trips, for coffee and bio break. The big range battery gives you other advantages, not only when you travel.

Nevertheless this Porsche blog post is the most idiotic thing ever come out of Porsche. Lets say suddenly there is a new kind of battery on the market with 5 times the capacity, same weight, same size, same charging, power, etc, simply 5 times kWh capacity. Porsche would say no, because our customers are stupid and only want a small battery. :CWL:
Sponsored