Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Congrats on the new delivery... and I love the colour too! I'm close to speccing my second Taycan (going from a Crayon/Chalk CT4S to a GTS ST) and Coffee Beige is top of the list at the moment so always good to see more pics of this colour... gorgeous!
Sponsored

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
First off, congrats - great looking car.

my soapbox: As much as I understand that most people on this forum can go from a brand new (<12 month old car) to another custom build one in a different trim, I have to wonder why? It seems like material excess to build a brand new car and flip it for yet another brand new one that is 95% similar just for the sake of the missing 5%. But that’s just me

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I really don’t understand! Is it worth the faff keep changing??
Well without boring everyone to death it’s not like it was a plan … My frozen blue 4S was the second Taycan delivered in Ireland on July 2nd 2020 . As a Very unit the PCM was absolutely shot from day one . It spent a long time trying to repair and as a result got a great deal to upgrade to a stock Turbo S in Feb 2021 .. Then in September I decided to take over a friends new Tesla M3P order (due following week) and got an offer on my TTS to sell close to new price 6 months later so sold the TTS .. Then in October I realised the Tesla model 3 wasn’t for me and ordered a RWD Taycan . So not looking to change each Model Year but a set of circumstances made it that way

plus I’m stuck In my house for 700 days because of Covid and very bored ? !

JamesP

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Collected my 3rd new Taycan today short video attached

This time a RWD in Coffee beige with jet black mission e wheels

Speced Mainly some tech with HUD, Innodrive,Comfort access and Remote Park assist

I had just finished 22 weeks living with my first Tesla (2021 M3P) but really missed the fun Driving a Taycan :)

love the colour and think it looks better in the flesh

9988183c-0236-4c88-90f8-f43b5d0e96b3-jpeg.jpg

4d686581-1d10-4d27-b209-fbf307369e77-jpeg.jpg

85d3dc47-1f45-4ff4-86b6-90c57ea1f63d-jpeg.jpg

What’s your views on the RWD in comparison to the AWD variants?. Does it feel under powered or just a different sort of drive. was set on a 4s but with my options it brings the RWD sub £100k which for me feels better and in truth I just seem to sit in traffic rather than charge through it! . And for me it’s prob a sports tourismo. I like the coffee Color - all credit to Porsche for giving a varied colour palette.

I too have a M3P which I’ll keep to shove some work miles on. Tesla did a great job introducing me to the world of EVs but I like my solid cars!

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Well, also in Ireland (north of the border) and took ownership of my 3rd Taycan (technically) last Thursday … Crayon Turbo (a little like Graham I took ownership of perhaps the first Taycan 4S in Northern Ireland (3rd July 2020) and loved it from day 1 so spec’d and ordered a Turbo once new colours and specs were announced Oct 20. The order was delayed with semi conductor etc issues but now have the car and it feels super and noticeably different with 4 wheel steer, and a number of spec upgrades.
(PCM and loading some of the Connect features isn’t just right yet so logged with Porsche gmbh to resolve!)

Porsche Taycan Collected my third new Taycan today 092F77A7-2A31-4067-943E-09545AF261D2

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What’s your views on the RWD in comparison to the AWD variants?. Does it feel under powered or just a different sort of drive. was set on a 4s but with my options it brings the RWD sub £100k which for me feels better and in truth I just seem to sit in traffic rather than charge through it! . And for me it’s prob a sports tourismo. I like the coffee Color - all credit to Porsche for giving a varied colour palette.

I too have a M3P which I’ll keep to shove some work miles on. Tesla did a great job introducing me to the world of EVs but I like my solid cars!
I know what you mean about solid always felt the mp3 was fast but emotionless .. I feel there is a difference in power between 4S and RWD to be fair

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, also in Ireland (north of the border) and took ownership of my 3rd Taycan (technically) last Thursday … Crayon Turbo (a little like Graham I took ownership of perhaps the first Taycan 4S in Northern Ireland (3rd July 2020) and loved it from day 1 so spec’d and ordered a Turbo once new colours and specs were announced Oct 20. The order was delayed with semi conductor etc issues but now have the car and it feels super and noticeably different with 4 wheel steer, and a number of spec upgrades.
(PCM and loading some of the Connect features isn’t just right yet so logged with Porsche gmbh to resolve!)
Crayon Turbo sounds amazing ! Congrats ? - Quick question can I use the charger in Porsche Belfast on Sydenham Road during the day ? Up there a day per week and saw they had two 350kw

092F77A7-2A31-4067-943E-09545AF261D2.jpeg

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes you can - but Porsche dealer charging isn’t cheap compared to IONITY (Airport North hotel) or general public charging (E-car / ESB) which I believe is still “free”. If you can bear the slower speeds of 50kw charging on Sat Boucher Rd an hour would be good - there’s another 50kw on A1 on Belfast side of Banbridge.

Brian IRL

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW E30 Cabriolet, VW ID4
Country flag
I was told by the guys in Dublin no problem using the one in Belfast as I will be up there occasionally

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Double click the lock to disable the internal sensor
one more tip: The "close and lock" button inside the trunk is a "single-click" lock function - it leaves the interior motion detector enabled. So until the retrofit, my solution has been to use the close (but not lock) trunk button then double-click the fob to lock and disable the interior motion sensor.

FWIW, when I took delivery on 12/31/21, my dealer explained the interior motion alarm problem and showed by how to disable it in the PCM. Not all of them are bad ?

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
FWIW, when I took delivery on 12/31/21, my dealer explained the interior motion alarm problem and showed by how to disable it in the PCM. Not all of them are bad ?
Do you still need to double click if disabled in the PCM? I'm sure I will forget to double click...
Our CT was delivered today and I'm not sure if this one has the problem. Don't want to find out in the middle of the night.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you still need to double click if disabled in the PCM? I'm sure I will forget to double click...
Our CT was delivered today and I'm not sure if this one has the problem. Don't want to find out in the middle of the night.
Maybe you just alter the alarm setting in Porsche Connect app

Porsche Taycan Collected my third new Taycan today 73F87B99-750B-4EE1-9B7E-2D651418BE07

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
Maybe you just alter the alarm setting in Porsche Connect app
Those are only soft alarms to alert you if someone is driving too fast or too far away. For example service or valet. It's misleading to call it alarms. It's called valet mode on some brands.
Sponsored