Here’s the perf+ dilemma again. Read use case before voting.

Given the use case I would…

• Total voters

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi

I live in Belgium where distances are short compared to US or any other country for that matter (apart from Luxemburg maybe).

My client base is located in Flanders. Which is like the top half of the country.

Given the fact that we will use the family car to travel (once a year)

Would you in this case still invest in the battery plus option or not?

If not would you (partially) use the extra on options like rear axle steering or other practical options?
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I always say to buy as much battery as you can.
in addition to a bit more range the performance is a bit upgraded with the larger battery
Agreed…but if I’m forced to select between battery and RAS, I’m with RAS.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Hi

I live in Belgium where distances are short compared to US or any other country for that matter (apart from Luxemburg maybe).

My client base is located in Flanders. Which is like the top half of the country.

If not would you (partially) use the extra on options like rear axle steering or other practical options?
If your budget is limited then it would seem you would want to spend on the most practical options for your situation. If the extra battery isn't really going to help you much and there are other options that would work better for you than it makes more sense to spend your budget on them.

Last edited:

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Hi

How far do you drive each day? I have the small battery and I'm fine. The big battery is an expensive option.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Hi

None of Porsche's options are what I would describe as a "good value" (eg LCA for $950, seriously?) but the Perf + battery ranks near the bottom on the "worth the money" scale. All things being equal, more battery/range is a good thing. But do the math on what Porsche is charging per kwH for the almost negligible extra range and the value proposition is strikingly thin. I'd change my tune if Porsche were to offer an extra 100 miles of range for $10-15K, but 30 miles for $6K does not blow my hair back. If your use case does not require long haul trips, spend the money on other overpriced, yet enjoyable, options like RAS, leather, Mission-e wheels, etc.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
None of Porsche's options are what I would describe as a "good value" (eg LCA for $950, seriously?) but the Perf + battery ranks near the bottom on the "worth the money" scale. All things being equal, more battery/range is a good thing. But do the math on what Porsche is charging per kwH for the almost negligible extra range and the value proposition is strikingly thin. I'd change my tune if Porsche were to offer an extra 100 miles of range for $10-15K, but 30 miles for $6K does not blow my hair back. If your use case does not require long haul trips, spend the money on other overpriced, yet enjoyable, options like RAS, leather, Mission-e wheels, etc.
I completely agree with this post! I did not go with the upgraded battery as well given the cost vers the range. The best thing about the Taycan is the charging network and how fast you can plug and go!
Spend the money on other options!

OP
OP
thinkbusiness

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
How far do you drive each day? I have the small battery and I'm fine. The big battery is an expensive option.
100 Km a day about 3 days a week. Other days less than that. Some days I don’t need to drive at all.

Deleted member 6348

If you don’t need the marginal extra range, you can save yourself 180lbs of dead weight in the car. Yes, 180lbs of dead weight that you’ll take everywhere with you, on every drive. The power difference between the plus and non-plus battery is to offset that extra dead weight.

So many people insist on huge EV batteries, but the majority of people actually drive less than 100 miles per day. Dynamically, a lighter car is better, no matter how low you put the weight.

If it's just one long family trip per year, go with the standard PB battery. For that family road trip, you'll still be charging up along way regardless of your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 6348

Exactly. Can’t comment on Belgium, but in the US you’d likely get your money back when you sell your Taycan w the PB+
In 3-5 years, when 500 miles becomes the norm, no one will care whether your 2022 Taycan has the PB or PB+ option specified. You very likely won’t be getting that difference back at sale.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
In 3-5 years, when 500 miles becomes the norm, no one will care whether your 2022 Taycan has the PB or PB+ option specified. You very likely won’t be getting that difference back at sale.
I see your point, but respectfully disagree. If someone is looking for a 60-70% depreciated EV, range will still play into the decision even when it’s a minimal advantage. I do not think that we can predict the used EV market in any way, so it’s a risk that everyone has to decide for themselves..
Sponsored