W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So you can’t get Bose or Burmsester now? Or is the Burmester back now? The standard stereo is terrible.
Not removed from UK configurator yet.

Bear in mind that you can't currently rely on this as there are instances where this option is pulled at the last moment.
Sponsored

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Bose option has been removed from Taycan RWD and Taycan 4 CT only. Even if you ordered Bose, you will only get standard (awful) stereo. This is a deal breaker for me as I have 4CT on order awaiting allocation. My dealer suggested I just wait and see the situation at the point of allocation. I will not be taking a car without Bose or Burmester - simple as that.

I am appalled at Porsche and really am at the end of my tether with delays etc.. If they replaced it with another brand or equivalent I would be OK.

My dealer also thinks the Bose removal will filter to other models such as the 4S next - apparently this happened on Macan - starting with the base and now the S.

OP
OP
wist

wist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Bose option has been removed from Taycan RWD and Taycan 4 CT only. Even if you ordered Bose, you will only get standard (awful) stereo. This is a deal breaker for me as I have 4CT on order awaiting allocation. My dealer suggested I just wait and see the situation at the point of allocation. I will not be taking a car without Bose or Burmester - simple as that.

I am appalled at Porsche and really am at the end of my tether with delays etc.. If they replaced it with another brand or equivalent I would be OK.

My dealer also thinks the Bose removal will filter to other models such as the 4S next - apparently this happened on Macan - starting with the base and now the S.
That is disappointing to hear how RWD and 4 CT buyers are shafted. Upsetting to hear how they're downgrading the sound system, while already removing electric steering columns and footwell ambient lighting.

I get that there are chip shortages, etc, but that stings massively.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
No BOSE would be a deal breaker for me so there could be a lot of lucky people moving up the queue quickly at this rate!

Andy S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan; Volvo XC40
Country flag
My car is due to commence body shop in 3-days time! I've asked my Sales Guy to check if the build sheet still includes BOSE - Hoping that it's just cars that are currently either not yet allocated, or new orders that are affected.

Unsure if it's a deal breaker for me, but the standard audio is really crappy and not in keeping with a £100k car - Started to investigate what can be done aftermarket (at reasonable cost) to upgrade to see if this may be the way to go if bad news on my build.

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
…Started to investigate what can be done aftermarket (at reasonable cost) to upgrade to see if this may be the way to go if bad news on my build.
Do keep us posted, would be great to upgrade the base system to something that’s possibly better than Bose.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Do keep us posted, would be great to upgrade the base system to something that’s possibly better than Bose.
I hope I'm wrong but this might be a bit of challenge to attempt an OEM solution and the potential complexity of integrating into the PCM.

I'd also consider the implication of doing so from a resale and warranty perspective.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I hope I'm wrong but this might be a bit of challenge to attempt an OEM solution and the potential complexity of integrating into the PCM.

I'd also consider the implication of doing so from a resale and warranty perspective.
Where I live, there are several installers that could seamlessly pick-up the signal from the PCM, amplify it, and send it to upgraded speakers leaving no trace at all that there is an aftermarket system in place….other than the huge step up in sound quality. This is not that hard these days.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Where I live, there are several installers that could seamlessly pick-up the signal from the PCM, amplify it, and send it to upgraded speakers leaving no trace at all that there is an aftermarket system in place….other than the huge step up in sound quality. This is not that hard these days.
Why spec Bose (or Burmester) in the first place then?

Str0nArm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I had a call from my UK dealer just now saying that the Bose is unavailable on all models until October 2023 and that my locked in order just about to enter production will be without Bose.

This is the same for the Burmeister too

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I had a call from my UK dealer just now saying that the Bose is unavailable on all models until October 2023 and that my locked in order just about to enter production will be without Bose.
What, pff. Luckily I have it on my August (MY22) build but without Bose i'd blatantly refuse the delivery.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

This is the same for the Burmeister too
12 months?

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I will call my dealership tomorrow. If they pulled Bose from my speq I will demand a written consent that they will pay for a retrofit at a later stage. Otherwise I will probably cancel my order and probably sue them.

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I will call my dealership tomorrow. If they pulled Bose from my speq I will demand a written consent that they will pay for a retrofit at a later stage. Otherwise I will probably cancel my order and probably sue them.
Pulling your order, okay. But suing? lol
Sponsored