smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
by all models - is that as an option? or even models with it as. standard? did they clarify that?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
by all models - is that as an option? or even models with it as. standard? did they clarify that?
On the configurator there is a disclaimer indicating that standard or optional components can be withdrawn - not specific as to what though.

Can't believe no Bose for 12 months as that just sounds 'odd'.

It won't just be Porsche either!

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Ouch, there’s no way I’m paying over 100k for a car with a basic standard sound system. Sadly though if I cancel the order nobody at Porsche’s end will care based on the volume of back orders

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ouch, there’s no way I’m paying over 100k for a car with a basic standard sound system. Sadly though if I cancel the order nobody at Porsche’s end will care based on the volume of back orders
Agreed but if enough of us do it they may take note.

We can sling as much mud as we like but the reality is that all manufacturers are experiencing severe supply chain issues and on particular those with semiconductor dependencies.

All car manufacturers will be living a nightmare at this point and for some time to come.

I'm almost resigned to keeping my existing T4S for another year (expected a GTSST for this November having ordered last September (still no allocation)).

OP
OP
wist

wist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Agreed but if enough of us do it they may take note.

We can sling as much mud as we like but the reality is that all manufacturers are experiencing severe supply chain issues and on particular those with semiconductor dependencies.

All car manufacturers will be living a nightmare at this point and for some time to come.

I'm almost resigned to keeping my existing T4S for another year (expected a GTSST for this November having ordered last September (still no allocation)).
Agreed, don't want to cancel my order after such a long wait. However, with no foreseeable end to shortages, seems like our options are limited to either buy or wait another year.

Really difficult since listening to music is one of the core parts of the driving experience. Won't take away from the drive and handling itself, but I can't stomach the thought of having a subpar system in a 100K+ car that a 5 year old Honda puts to shame.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Agreed, don't want to cancel my order after such a long wait. However, with no foreseeable end to shortages, seems like our options are limited to either buy or wait another year.

Really difficult since listening to music is one of the core parts of the driving experience. Won't take away from the drive and handling itself, but I can't stomach the thought of having a subpar system in a 100K+ car that a 5 year old Honda puts to shame.
We just need to man / person up on this first world problem I guess.

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
I confirmed with PCNA's Ordering Team that Bose removal is indeed happening...I think if you're V250, you might be spared (not 100% sure), but if you're V200 or V210, it'll likely be removed. Dealers may not have been notified yet, but it's probably best you reach out to your SA and confirm.

I'm not sure if it's just RWD and CT4, if they plan to provide compensation (probably haven't decided yet), or how long this will last...I know Bose is also removed from Macan Base/S, though I can't remember how long ago they took it off the configurator.

Really a sucky situation for all those affected :( If I had an RWD on order, I'd probably keep it and figure out something else later. Not ideal, but without knowing when they'll bring it back, it's hard to pass on an allocation in this market. If someone decides to cancel their RWD order and purchase an incoming car at sticker, I know of two available that have Premium Pack & Bose.

EJM22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I confirmed with PCNA's Ordering Team that Bose removal is indeed happening...I think if you're V250, you might be spared (not 100% sure), but if you're V200 or V210, it'll likely be removed. Dealers may not have been notified yet, but it's probably best you reach out to your SA and confirm.

I'm not sure if it's just RWD and CT4, if they plan to provide compensation (probably haven't decided yet), or how long this will last...I know Bose is also removed from Macan Base/S, though I can't remember how long ago they took it off the configurator.

Really a sucky situation for all those affected :( If I had an RWD on order, I'd probably keep it and figure out something else later. Not ideal, but without knowing when they'll bring it back, it's hard to pass on an allocation in this market. If someone decides to cancel their RWD order and purchase an incoming car at sticker, I know of two available that have Premium Pack & Bose.
What is V250, V…?

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
What is V250, V…?
If I remember correctly: V200 is Delivery Date Determined (still changeable); V210 is the allocation about to lock (but still sometimes changeable); and V250 is locked.

FElon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tesla S
Country flag
Do keep us posted, would be great to upgrade the base system to something that’s possibly better than Bose.
Please do! Our 23 Taycan order just reached the change freeze point and feel so deflated that we might not get Bose and will be stuck with some crap base system. We keep our cars a LOOONG time and base audio would be a dealbreaker, this is replacing an early 13 Tesla S.

Southern Rain

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I spec'd the Bose on my RWD and have been told by my dealership that any builds from November on won’t have BOSE fitted.

I had a build date in September which has now slipped to October so I’m hoping I still get my BOSE.

In truth, the build date has been very fluid so I’m not holding my breath. My dealer has said the latest build slip may be to allow a build complete with battery….

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
After more than 2 years the chip shortage isn’t getting any better, if anything it’s getting worse.
Toyota and Honda are also drastically cutting production because of the lack of semi-conductors.

The car manufacturers should have got together for a better solution as everyone is now suffering.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I ordered the Premium Package which had the Bose package included, sadly. Seems like they're forced to remove the Bose option and downgrade only the sound system to the standard one, while keeping all the other Premium Package options.

I'll update this thread if my dealer lets me know anything new.
How did they determine how much credit to apply for removing Bose if it was part of the package they kept on the car?

FElon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tesla S
Country flag
Has anyone seen Bose drop from their equipment on TYD? Mine still shows Bose as part of my Premium package so I'm clinging to slight hope that my October build might be spared even though my gut tells me I'm screwed.
Sponsored