New Porsche Recall/"Stop sell" - any details?

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Vehicle Analysis Log - some kind of download from the car containing detailed software information.
To check if you've got comfort access enabled, so they can switch it off! Its all a big comfort access conspiracy! ;)😆

Seriously though what the hell is the issue now? It seems to be one thing after another with these, why can't they get them right before the leave the factory?

My business partner's GTS has now been sitting in Emden for nearly three months.
Sponsored

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
To check if you've got comfort access enabled, so they can switch it off! Its all a big comfort access conspiracy! ;)😆

Seriously though what the hell is the issue now? It seems to be one thing after another with these, why can't they get them right before the leave the factory?

My business partner's GTS has now been sitting in Emden for nearly three months.
Haha! They can take the comfort access, just release the cars!

Three months?! That is deeply concerning, mine is approaching a month at Emden 🙁

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m waiting for a sport tourismo 4s to be delivered and got the following message from the uk dealership last night ….

The car has arrived on site, however, Porsche have announced a stop sale on all Taycan’s and they must have an update before they can be released, the only problem is they have not told us what the campaign is for / when we can expect for these to be resolved so bit of a waiting game really.

So I guess there’s no option but to wait and hope it’s a minor software update or something which can be resolved quickly.
This is probably
1) the most clear message so far from any dealership... and in writing.
2) It is also clear that is is not a faulty part or component (i.e. not a hardware issue, because that would be really worrying in terms of delays !)

Which dealer is this (if you do not mind sharing) ?

ColinS

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD 2023
Country flag
spoke to my dealer and they confirmed that the logs were sent on Monday with a MINIMUM 3 working day lead time. Turns out that Monday and Tuesday were bank holidays in Germany though so the clock didn't start ticking until Wednesday. They haven't had any response back on any of their cars yet. They did confirm that they were tol;d that depending on the result of the VAL report some cars may be affected by whatever the issue is and others may not. Definitely sounds like a software problem as opposed to a hardware problem. Doesn't help that Monday 29th is a bank holiday in England. I have given up any hope of having this car before the middle of next week at the very earliest.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Maybe a Porsche intern messed up uploading the software of a specific Taycan and now Porsche is desperately trying to find it.

OR

One of the workers lost their wedding ring during assembly and they don't know which car it was, only that it had steering on the right so now they're trying to find the car before delivery to get that ring.

Jiggins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Green Mini Cooper SE, Jet Black GTS ST
Country flag
Maybe a Porsche intern messed up uploading the software of a specific Taycan and now Porsche is desperately trying to find it.

OR

One of the workers lost their wedding ring during assembly and they don't know which car it was, only that it had steering on the right so now they're trying to find the car before delivery to get that ring.
:D Nothing wrong with your imagination!

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
This is probably
2) It is also clear that is is not a faulty part or component (i.e. not a hardware issue, because that would be really worrying in terms of delays !)

I have also had confirmation that the issue is software related.

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
I received an update today, I will not be getting my car on Saturday (urrrhhh). So, I was told the Taycans are in 1 of 2 'Stop Sale' states; Mode 8 or Mode 9. Mode 9 needs to be checked by HQ, Mode 8 means it can be checked and released by the dealer. This seems to explain why some are taking days and others released same day. Mine is in mode 8, passed PDI and QA, but still at Sheerness…!!!

MikeW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
Just heard from my SA who said they have the car in dealership and I won’t be getting delivery by end of month
He and Porsche GB didn’t know what the problem was
I can’t believe Porsche GB don’t know
At least car not on the docks 👍👍
He wanted to get it to me before end of May because of sales figures etc
Who knows??

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
This is probably

I would take this very much with a pinch of salt. It is not a formal communication from Porsche AG. If there was proper, reliable news then all dealerships would have received this and been communicating accordingly to their customers.

The truth is that, at present, only Porsche AG know the nature and likely extent of the issue.

It is certainly not confirmed that this is software only, although that seems most likely. An ‘update’ could mean anything e.g. an updated component such as a heater module, to pick a relevant and recent example.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It is software. No pinches of salt needed.

This is directly from PEC Atlanta:

"I hope you are well. We unfortunately received notification last Wednesday that a new stop sale was put out on certain 2023 Taycan models where a diagnostic needs to be ran and sent over to Germany for analyzation. Unfortunately, we are not able to release your vehicle until this diagnostic has been approved and removed by Porsche. Once submitted Germany takes three days to go through the process and determine if further steps are required. Once cleared from Germany PEC requires a day to process and then the vehicle can be released.

The workshop tech at PEC ATL submitted yours yesterday in the hopes that it would be analyzed by PAG and approved by the end of the week. We understand this is less than ideal when picking up your vehicle, and are willing to make any accommodations possible to make up for this inconvenience.

With that being said, we have a couple different options that we can offer you at this time.

· We can retain the original delivery date, having you come in to do all the activities associated with the delivery experience without releasing the car. We then would reimburse you for any rental cars needed since you will not have your vehicle, a return flight home, and also take care of transporting the vehicle to you once the Stop Sale is removed.

· Or we can reschedule you for a date in the following week or the one thereafter hopefully giving Germany and PEC ample time to remove the Stop Sale and have the vehicle ready to be released. We would then reimburse you for any flight or hotel changes/accommodations that would need to be made.
"

Because of this I may not purchase my Taycan Turbo at all!

This stop/sale is preventing me from taking delivery at PEC Atlanta and the resulting vacation/drive back to CT that I had planned out for my wife and daughter.

All our airfare and hotels were booked and paid for over a month ago when I got the delivery confirmation date from PEC. I spent hours mapping out our route to hotels along with where we are eating dinner and what charging locations we are targeting for stops. I also have/had an appointment to have PPF installed during one of the longer duration stays at a beach resort.

I am beyond pissed and the only recourse is to no go through with the purchase but that punishes my dealership(and myself) more than anything else but I refuse to spend this kind of money to be treated this way. This is my 9th Porsche and would have been my second time taking delivery @ PEC. I am not upset about the car nor missing PEC. It is my time, stress and loss of family time/vacation time that I am irate about.

There is a tiny chance they will have this expedited and completed Friday and PEC can do their part Monday (our expected delivery is/was Tuesday and we fly down on Monday) but given the length of delays noted here on the forums already and how disconnected PCNA is from PAG I have very little faith that this will happen.

I am not mad about how many months my car sat at port or the fact that I put a deposit down on this car 8 years ago (and turned down my first two allocations for a 2020 model because of the forced or missing options) but this has been a long wait and this is the final straw.

:angry:

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is software. No pinches of salt needed.

This is directly from PEC Atlanta:

"I hope you are well. We unfortunately received notification last Wednesday that a new stop sale was put out on certain 2023 Taycan models where a diagnostic needs to be ran and sent over to Germany for analyzation. Unfortunately, we are not able to release your vehicle until this diagnostic has been approved and removed by Porsche. Once submitted Germany takes three days to go through the process and determine if further steps are required. Once cleared from Germany PEC requires a day to process and then the vehicle can be released.

The workshop tech at PEC ATL submitted yours yesterday in the hopes that it would be analyzed by PAG and approved by the end of the week. We understand this is less than ideal when picking up your vehicle, and are willing to make any accommodations possible to make up for this inconvenience.

With that being said, we have a couple different options that we can offer you at this time.

· We can retain the original delivery date, having you come in to do all the activities associated with the delivery experience without releasing the car. We then would reimburse you for any rental cars needed since you will not have your vehicle, a return flight home, and also take care of transporting the vehicle to you once the Stop Sale is removed.

· Or we can reschedule you for a date in the following week or the one thereafter hopefully giving Germany and PEC ample time to remove the Stop Sale and have the vehicle ready to be released. We would then reimburse you for any flight or hotel changes/accommodations that would need to be made.
"

Because of this I may not purchase my Taycan Turbo at all!

This stop/sale is preventing me from taking delivery at PEC Atlanta and the resulting vacation/drive back to CT that I had planned out for my wife and daughter.

All our airfare and hotels were booked and paid for over a month ago when I got the delivery confirmation date from PEC. I spent hours mapping out our route to hotels along with where we are eating dinner and what charging locations we are targeting for stops. I also have/had an appointment to have PPF installed during one of the longer duration stays at a beach resort.

I am beyond pissed and the only recourse is to no go through with the purchase but that punishes my dealership(and myself) more than anything else but I refuse to spend this kind of money to be treated this way. This is my 9th Porsche and would have been my second time taking delivery @ PEC. I am not upset about the car nor missing PEC. It is my time, stress and loss of family time/vacation time that I am irate about.

There is a tiny chance they will have this expedited and completed Friday and PEC can do their part Monday (our expected delivery is/was Tuesday and we fly down on Monday) but given the length of delays noted here on the forums already and how disconnected PCNA is from PAG I have very little faith that this will happen.

I am not mad about how many months my car sat at port or the fact that I put a deposit down on this car 8 years ago (and turned down my first two allocations for a 2020 model because of the forced or missing options) but this has been a long wait and this is the final straw.

:angry:
Nothing in that text specifically refers to the solution being a software update only, only that certain data will be sent to Porsche AG to investigate and confirm the required resolution.

Plus dealers in the UK do not appear to have this same information and my car has already been withheld for 6 days, despite the timings given in your note.

So something isn’t adding up.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
From my discussion on the phone with PEC (therefore nothing I can cut and paste quote like the above) the cars are done in order of VIN numbers in batches at a time. The stop sale started last Wednesday the 17th and mine wasn't submitted till Wednesday the 24th because of these "batches" (the German bank holiday Mon/Tues also didn't help)

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From my discussion on the phone with PEC (therefore nothing I can cut and paste quote like the above) the cars are done in order of VIN numbers in batches at a time. The stop sale started last Wednesday the 17th and mine wasn't submitted till Wednesday the 24th because of these "batches" (the German bank holiday Mon/Tues also didn't help)
Thanks.

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Did they mention if this can only be done by dealer/PEC or if they’re also doing the cars at the port? Mine has been sitting in port for 2 weeks now. I had originally planned on PEC delivery but was told they’re backed up into late July already.
Sponsored