Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So nothing that is stupid or unnecessary?
It looks awesome to me. Do be aware that the 21" wheels have very thin sidewalls and of course you need to take the appropriate care. But I know that they look great.

I only did Bose sound but I hear great things about Burmester. I also didn't do the power charging port so I could leave a port open at workplace for others to plug me in. the electric cover will auto close and you must have a key to open it; however that can be an advantage in that when you unplug from fast charging it auto closes and you don't need to remember to do that. Be aware that in 2020 the electric charge port will cause the front wheel vent going to the door to be blocked for reasons that are unclear so it becomes a fake vent, very unusual for Porsche.

I do also have many of your selections: the two-tone leather, thermal glass, rear axle steering, Sport Chrono, Night Vision, InnoDrive, 2+1 rear seat, ventilation for front seats, Park Assist, LCA, panoramic roof (required in USA) but I would have gotten anyway as I plan to have more than 2 passengers frequently enough and that is who it really benefits is backseat passengers. I skipped and did not get the four zone climate as I felt the manual vent control and heated seat buttons were enough in the back, but it's a cool option.

I do see you did not check the sport sound, you may want to consider it many people are very enthused by it when driving in a more spirited fashion. I would have it off on freeway driving for sure. See details at https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products/taycan/sound-18556.html

Bottom line, It's an awesome spec. Your going to love it I'm sure.
Sponsored

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
It looks awesome to me. Do be aware that the 21" wheels have very thin sidewalls and of course you need to take the appropriate care. But I know that they look great.

I only did Bose sound but I hear great things about Burmester. I also didn't do the power charging port so I could leave a port open at workplace for others to plug me in. the electric cover will auto close and you must have a key to open it; however that can be an advantage in that when you unplug from fast charging it auto closes and you don't need to remember to do that. Be aware that in 2020 the electric charge port will cause the front wheel vent going to the door to be blocked for reasons that are unclear so it becomes a fake vent, very unusual for Porsche.

I do also have many of your selections: the two-tone leather, thermal glass, rear axle steering, Sport Chrono, Night Vision, InnoDrive, 2+1 rear seat, ventilation for front seats, Park Assist, LCA, panoramic roof (required in USA) but I would have gotten anyway as I plan to have more than 2 passengers frequently enough and that is who it really benefits is backseat passengers. I skipped and did not get the four zone climate as I felt the manual vent control and heated seat buttons were enough in the back, but it's a cool option.

I do see you did not check the sport sound, you may want to consider it many people are very enthused by it when driving in a more spirited fashion. I would have it off on freeway driving for sure. See details at https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products/taycan/sound-18556.html

Bottom line, It's an awesome spec. Your going to love it I'm sure.
Great, LOVE THE FEEDBACK :) Much appreciated.

About the sport sound. I have a XC60 T8 (which is a hybrid) and I hate it when the engine kicks in. The whole point of getting a full electric is to not have any engine sound :)

I know its close to blasphemy to say that about a Porsche. But I really dont want engine sounds :p

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

About the sport sound. I have a XC60 T8 (which is a hybrid) and I hate it when the engine kicks in. The whole point of getting a full electric is to not have any engine sound :)

I know its close to blasphemy to say that about a Porsche. But I really dont want engine sounds :p
If it was an engine sound like the BMW i8 I would not get it or recommend it. It is an synthesizer enhanced version of the sound from the electric motors. Not some fake engine sound that many call it who have not heard it. Have you had a chance to test drive and hear it? If so then no problem, I know it's a personal choice like every Porsche option. ;)

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
If it was an engine sound like the BMW i8 I would not get it or recommend it. It is an synthesizer enhanced version of the sound from the electric motors. Not some fake engine sound that many call it who have not heard it. Have you had a chance to test drive and hear it? If so then no problem, I know it's a personal choice like every Porsche option. ;)
yeah I heard it on the 4S when I tried it. I prefer silence :)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
So nothing that is stupid or unnecessary?
I only wonder, why you need heat insulating glass in Sweden? Climate change? :angel: I would rather use that money for rear-axle steering, particularly if you drive in the city.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I only wonder, why you need heat insulating glass in Sweden? Climate change? :angel: I would rather use that money for rear-axle steering, particularly if you drive in the city.
Well it does keep out the cold too and make the cabin quieter especially useful to enjoy the Burmester sound system. I thought Amer already selected Rear Axel Steering.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Well it does keep out the cold too and make the cabin quieter especially useful to enjoy the Burmester sound system. I thought Amer already selected Rear Axel Steering.
Did he? Sorry, I looked at it this morning but only replied after I went out to see my baby:

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! 1597918509165

Sunday morning handover! :)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I made the final order today :)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMQ43KK4

I made it a 4S, simply could not justify the almost €30k price difference for 0.6 speed increase :)

Thanks for all the feedback! Now the wait.......
I honestly think this is a smart decision. My MS90D always feels way overpowered and it still has slightly less kW as my new 4S+. Earlier this year, when I drove the TS at the Hockenheimring, I experienced an excessive hardcore racing machine. I was a bit shocked, to be honest. For my lifestyle and driving needs, a 4S+ is still quite too much. I will test drive the base Taycan early next year, when possible.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
He wants silence. I have it in my Macan & am putting it on my Taycan. It's really great - it's dual-pane laminated glass. For heat a ceramic tint is as good or better but for less noise it's awesome.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

A lot of people really love the sport sound & it's useful feedback when driving more aggressively. But I'm in your camp on this - I love the Remus exhaust on my Macan Turbo but the silence of the Taycan gives it an air of magic & that's what I'm buying into by getting an electric car. Just a silent missile down the road. I'm getting it because it's part of the US performance package (Chrono+Rear steer+PTV+PDCC+Sport Sound) but I may never use it except to show other people.

The night vision seems excessive to me but the few people who've ordered it seem to really like it so don't let us talk you out of it. I'm on the fence on Burmester or PCCBs on my build (not getting both - you have to stop somewhere). I love the yellow calipers and the whole look of the screws on the discs but you don't see them when you're in the car and there's really no performance benefit over the PSCBs. The Burmester is truly exceptional, and priced accordingly!

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
A lot of people really love the sport sound & it's useful feedback when driving more aggressively. But I'm in your camp on this - I love the Remus exhaust on my Macan Turbo but the silence of the Taycan gives it an air of magic & that's what I'm buying into by getting an electric car. Just a silent missile down the road. I'm getting it because it's part of the US performance package (Chrono+Rear steer+PTV+PDCC+Sport Sound) but I may never use it except to show other people.

The night vision seems excessive to me but the few people who've ordered it seem to really like it so don't let us talk you out of it. I'm on the fence on Burmester or PCCBs on my build (not getting both - you have to stop somewhere). I love the yellow calipers and the whole look of the screws on the discs but you don't see them when you're in the car and there's really no performance benefit over the PSCBs. The Burmester is truly exceptional, and priced accordingly!

Yeah I also wanted the yellow brakes but couldnt justify the cost, and I wont race on tracks so Burmaster it was :)

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah I also wanted the yellow brakes but couldnt justify the cost, and I wont race on tracks so Burmaster it was :)
I'm a bit in love with the mission E in satin platinum with the yellow brakes but only that way. So it's almost $8k more than PSCB w/black calipers & Mission E in default black/silver. Ouch. You made the more prudent decision, if there's such a thing in this context. :CWL:

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Hi,

I need your help deciding between ordering a 4S or a Turbo.

I currently own my third Tesla Model S (Performance) and been driving electric since 2013. Love driving electric and will never go back to an ICE car.

But the things I missed in the Tesla (e.g. real sportscar handling, superior breaking, interior quality, kind of “engine noise” feedback, possible to create a personal car with options), I can now get with the Taycan. And I have always dreamed of owning a Porsche :)

Reasons to choose the 4S:

• Almost same exterior look
  • Around 30.000 Euro cheaper than the Turbo
  • OK quick acceleration (0-100 in 4 sec), but when I test drove it I felt I missed a bit of power
  • Possible to upgrade to Burmester (love listen to music when I drive) and be within budget
Reasons to choose the Turbo:

• Quick acceleration (0-100 in 3.2 sec) and close to what I’m used to
  • More complete sportscar with PSCB brakes and where the Performance options makes more sense
  • More Porsche wheel options, would really like ‘Mission E’ as summer wheels
  • Better resale value due to the shorter option list and fewer Turbos available?

Here is my 4S build (20” wheels will be my winter set):

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM74MWB1

Here is my Turbo build (20” wheels will be my winter set):

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM6IMN35

And if you also have any thoughts regarding my choice of options, please post a comment :)

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Hi,

I need your help deciding between ordering a 4S or a Turbo.

I currently own my third Tesla Model S (Performance) and been driving electric since 2013. Love driving electric and will never go back to an ICE car.

But the things I missed in the Tesla (e.g. real sportscar handling, superior breaking, interior quality, kind of “engine noise” feedback, possible to create a personal car with options), I can now get with the Taycan. And I have always dreamed of owning a Porsche :)

Reasons to choose the 4S:

• Almost same exterior look
  • Around 30.000 Euro cheaper than the Turbo
  • OK quick acceleration (0-100 in 4 sec), but when I test drove it I felt I missed a bit of power
  • Possible to upgrade to Burmester (love listen to music when I drive) and be within budget
Reasons to choose the Turbo:

• Quick acceleration (0-100 in 3.2 sec) and close to what I’m used to
  • More complete sportscar with PSCB brakes and where the Performance options makes more sense
  • More Porsche wheel options, would really like ‘Mission E’ as summer wheels
  • Better resale value due to the shorter option list and fewer Turbos available?

Here is my 4S build (20” wheels will be my winter set):

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM74MWB1

Here is my Turbo build (20” wheels will be my winter set):

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM6IMN35

And if you also have any thoughts regarding my choice of options, please post a comment :)
I'd normally advise going for the 4S but with all those options and considering depreciation that's a very difficult decision. On balance, if you can easily afford the extra initial price then go Turbo. (I think, maybe.)
Sponsored