Kenz888

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Went well. Got it this afternoon and everything seems to be working great. Wireless carplay is awesome.

The turn by turn on the nav still sucks though :(. Also wish I could tell the massaging seats to stay on, was hoping that would be fixed.

Interesting note in relation to above video:

• Homelink was not wiped for me
  • I was still logged in when I started using the car
  • Seat settings were wiped
  • Dashboard settings were wiped
  • Bluetooth was not wiped.
Great to know that everything went well with wireless carplay and Homelink not wiped!!!

Looking forward to my update in a weeks time. Thanks for sharing!!!
Sponsored

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great to know that everything went well with wireless carplay and Homelink not wiped!!!

Looking forward to my update in a weeks time. Thanks for sharing!!!
Got car back.

Homelink was not wiped
Dealership logged me in
Seat settings were not wiped
dashboard right cluster was changed
Blue tooth was not wiped

Car drives exactly as before, no noticeable difference. Range projections is the BEST I've seen in a loooooong time, we shall see how that holds up. Wireless Carplay is very, very nice.

2.5 days to complete

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
This guy is so helpful!!

A couple of other things I have noticed:

1. The car doesn't start by using the shift lever anymore - it appears you need to use the power button now.

2. The brake/hold feature does not require as much accelerator pressure to release. Perhaps this is a fix to avoid the crash rollover event that happened with the guy on the uphill driveway.

Fcassells

First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
2020 update complete , everything works , WACP Is fantastic , and same as john89 nothing was wiped and all settings as I left them . I do not have remote door or window lock functions from app , is this not a thing ?

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
- Awesome comment on how to get the pax display operational without a pax. I agree with you that the cockpit view was not there before.

Wireless ACP
Lift GPS
Pax display fix
OTA update capability
And speedier PCM performance

Are the main things I'm seeing so far.
Cockpit was there before. I often sit in passenger seat and have mucked with it before.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
OK, so I tried to check the box to disable “standby mode,” and it does enable the passenger display, but ONLY for the times when the car is not moving, such as at a stoplight. Are people able to actually get the passenger display working when driving without a passenger?

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
OK, so I tried to check the box to disable “standby mode,” and it does enable the passenger display, but ONLY for the times when the car is not moving, such as at a stoplight. Are people able to actually get the passenger display working when driving without a passenger?
MIne now works while driving. I will say, however, that after having another day with it, the setting seems to default back to standby mode when car is turned off/on again. I can only turn it on (disable standby) when car is in park, but once you do, it keeps working while driving.

• Love
Reactions: Dee

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
1. The car doesn't start by using the shift lever anymore - it appears you need to use the power button now.
OH, that would be a step back!

2. The brake/hold feature does not require as much accelerator pressure to release. Perhaps this is a fix to avoid the crash rollover event that happened with the guy on the uphill driveway.
That could make the ride even smoother!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
MIne now works while driving. I will say, however, that after having another day with it, the setting seems to default back to standby mode when car is turned off/on again. I can only turn it on (disable standby) when car is in park, but once you do, it keeps working while driving.
Sorry to say this, but I still feel no use of the display. All my passenger use their phone all the time.

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
OH, that would be a step back!

That could make the ride even smoother!
- well, now the shift lever starts the car. I must have been in some type of different mode yesterday. ??

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
Sorry to say this, but I still feel no use of the display. All my passenger use their phone all the time.
- agreed - I got mine off the lot - wouldn't order the display again. Mine still has a blinking issue, and it is useless if someone isn't sitting in the pax seat.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Same for me!

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Appreciate the share tremendously! Thanks Torv! Glad it was helpful!
Great video! Thank you.

I like the option to have ambient lighting match the album artwork of the current song. This is the first I heard of the new feature. Are there more color options or is it the same seven (or so) choices that existed before the update?

one more question...I saw there are new options for playing videos. Any idea what that includes? For example, is screen mirroring or airplay possible?
Sponsored