Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone found a good source for key fob covers? Looking for one in green for my incoming Mamba Green Taycan. Was hoping to avoid paying the ~$150 MSRP for 2 pieces of plastic. Looking around amazon/ebay, most seem to be for the older style key and nothing in green. Has anyone found anything good?
Sponsored

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
€118 with VAT in my local Porsche Centre. That does seem like a lot for some ABS plastic.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
@amelen - you will not find an aftermarket key fob cover in Mamba Green. Trust me I looked everywhere and ordered some that were green (none of them matched). I finally broke down and got the OEM cover from Suncoast. I highly recommend it. Not only does the color match perfectly, it even has metallic flake like the car.

Porsche Taycan Color-Matched Key Fob Covers Taycan Key_01

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@amelen - you will not find an aftermarket key fob cover in Mamba Green. Trust me I looked everywhere and ordered some that were green (none of them matched). I finally broke down and got the OEM cover from Suncoast. I highly recommend it. Not only does the color match perfectly, it even has metallic flake like the car.

Taycan Key_01.jpg
Yeah, I remember seeing your post and have been sending that image to etsy folks to see if they can make it that color lol.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
That’s crazy expensive, but I looked anyway. Porsche doesn’t (yet) offer it in Ice Grey for any price! :CWL: I wish I had the b*lls to order mamba green.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That’s crazy expensive, but I looked anyway. Porsche doesn’t (yet) offer it in Ice Grey for any price! :CWL: I wish I had the b*lls to order mamba green.
:CWL: I was going to go with a "safer" color on the 911 Cab I was ordering originally, but felt like the brighter colors aren't as obnoxious on the Taycan. I have yet to receive the car, so we'll see lol. My last Porsche was Rhodium Silver, so it's definitely a big jump.

"Ice Grey" -> You can probably find some similar color/shades, although if you're ordering the OEM key covers, might as well wait until they have it out.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
I went with the OEM Porsche coloured key fob in the same colour as my car (cherry red). Very happy with it, would recommend.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I found some 3-piece racing heritage fob covers on amazon. Going to get the martini racing one to go with white and red ones.