Taycan 4S vs. Turbo: Wham

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Isn’t the 4S with the performance plus battery a little faster than the regular 4s and thus the gap with the turbo slightly less ?
Sponsored

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Isn’t the 4S with the performance plus battery a little faster than the regular 4s and thus the gap with the turbo slightly less ?
It's a hair faster. They tuned it up to counteract the weight of the heavier battery. I think the goal was just to have the same 0-60 time regardless of which battery you pick.

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Is there a complete list of standard equipment on the Turbo that are options on the 4S (i.e. performance battery +, leather)? I’m trying to gauge the “real” cost of moving from 4S to Turbo. Thanks!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Is there a complete list of standard equipment on the Turbo that are options on the 4S (i.e. performance battery +, leather)? I’m trying to gauge the “real” cost of moving from 4S to Turbo. Thanks!
Porsche website/config will show that info.

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche website/config will show that info.
Yes, thanks. I was just being lazy, to be honest. I wanted to see if anybody had gone through and done the math, option by option. Of the $47k difference, I wanted to see how much were things I was going to option on a 4S anyway. I went ahead and made a spreadsheet from the website/configuration, as you suggested. It’s about $23k worth (assuming Mission E wheels). So you’re paying about $24k for the horsepower.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes, thanks. I was just being lazy, to be honest. I wanted to see if anybody had gone through and done the math, option by option. Of the $47k difference, I wanted to see how much were things I was going to option on a 4S anyway. I went ahead and made a spreadsheet from the website/configuration, as you suggested. It’s about $23k worth (assuming Mission E wheels). So you’re paying about $24k for the horsepower.
And when you take into account the higher resale value of the Turbo, it’s even less.

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And when you take into account the higher resale value of the Turbo, it’s even less.
Dave, what’s your sense on the resale difference? I know we don’t have a lot of data on Taycan resale differences yet.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I would also add that there is no way to option the 4S to have the front aero kit, which I think looks better (even without the Sport Design). No bias here, as I have a 4S.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I did notice certain option pricing is lower on turbo/turbo s vs. higher on 4S & RWD.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dave, what’s your sense on the resale difference? I know we don’t have a lot of data on Taycan resale differences yet.
You’re right, but generally options don’t affect resale value as much, compared to base price.

Reactions: cfp

dckyoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
4s was all I needed but I've been thinking about this too. Is the Turbo uncomfortably fast, as some reviewers (E.g. Matt Farah) have stated? Like if you're not careful you'll give people whiplash, make them nauseous, etc?

Also I may be in the minority but I like the way the 4S looks more than the Turbo. Those painted bits mixed with plastic on the Turbo look weird to me.
I agree and when I ordered my turbo I took out those options and upped some of the quality on other options instead.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Also I may be in the minority but I like the way the 4S looks more than the Turbo. Those painted bits mixed with plastic on the Turbo look weird to me.
Agreed about the painted intake sections on the front, and also the side skirts and rear diffuser. For my Turbo, I resolved it by adding the gloss black exterior trim, which replaces those paint coded parts with gloss black.

My build includes a lot of options, many of which are less expensive to add to the Turbo than to the 4S, resulting in a smaller step up in price to the Turbo trim.

dckyoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Agreed about the painted intake sections on the front, and also the side skirts and rear diffuser. For my Turbo, I resolved it by adding the gloss black exterior trim, which replaces those paint coded parts with gloss black.

My build includes a lot of options, many of which are less expensive to add to the Turbo than to the 4S, resulting in a smaller step up in price to the Turbo trim.
I did that too with the black gloss trim!

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S vs. Turbo: Wham 350EA557-2002-47BC-872C-43E4BC5AB2D1

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S vs. Turbo: Wham F2C07FF1-3E46-4D2E-AC5D-D57DFE57583C

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I did that too with the black gloss trim!

350EA557-2002-47BC-872C-43E4BC5AB2D1.jpeg

F2C07FF1-3E46-4D2E-AC5D-D57DFE57583C.jpeg
Nice! It gives the perceived "grill" a simpler shape, with a sleek horizontal bottom edge, and similar for the rear diffuser. Beyond that, I'm also not a fan of those big aftermarket diffuser teeth that some users favor. That would be a bit over the top for me.

Also like you, I went with the silver Mission E's. At first I had specified exterior color on the wheels, but ultimately took that out of my order. I decided that was too much frozen blue metallic surface area, too fussy-looking for my style, and besides that, the silver is just a more classic look for wheels.