Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcarwhisperer.com
Vehicles
Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
Any ideas whether these PCM changes are coming to MY21 Taycans as software update?
Great question. Unfortunately no word yet on if MY20&MY21 will get these updates. Technically the Taycan runs PCM 6.0 already so wouldn't be surprised if it gets these new updates.. however am a little bit skeptical on the Android Auto compatibility as am not sure if additional hardware is required. Once I am aware I will be making a video on it ??

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Great question. Unfortunately no word yet on if MY20&MY21 will get these updates. Technically the Taycan runs PCM 6.0 already so wouldn't be surprised if it gets these new updates.. however am a little bit skeptical on the Android Auto compatibility as am not sure if additional hardware is required. Once I am aware I will be making a video on it ??
I wonder if the remote park assist needs additional hardware too or can be delivered with just a software update.

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Have a 2022 build with a freeze date in 10 days, one option still confused about is the remote park assist in the 2022 configurator, does one get all the features of the remote park assist if the technology package is selected as seems the remote park assist have multiple items or one only gets active park assist that is shown in the technology package.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
For the paint choice, it says 'Free choice of color from list of tested and approved individual colors. Minimum lead time of six months.'

Is this lead time over and above the regular production to delivery time that most orders have? Also where does one find this list of tested and approved colors? Thanks

GOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CLS63 . Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Previously there was a thread with 2022 Taycan changes video I created but was put on hold due to embargo reasons. The video has now be relaunched for those that are interested. Thank you for your support!

Can you make a comparison video of Taycan with RAS and without and point the advantages ?. Thanks ?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
For the paint choice, it says 'Free choice of color from list of tested and approved individual colors. Minimum lead time of six months.'

Is this lead time over and above the regular production to delivery time that most orders have? Also where does one find this list of tested and approved colors? Thanks
+1 on this
Ive been studying up on PTS and its a very convoluted, frustrating process with long lead times. PTS color could be for one model, not the other.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
+1 on this
Ive been studying up on PTS and its a very convoluted, frustrating process with long lead times. PTS color could be for one model, not the other.
As I understand it so far, custom paint and Paint to sample differ in that the former is a lengthy list of color choices that Porsche already has pre approved for you to choose from.. The latter is basically you bringing in any color of your choice and Porsche R&D working to see if that can be applied to the car. Once approved, it can be done. Because of the additional research involved, PTS is double the cost of custom paint according to the configurator :s

Specifically, I'm looking to do Yachting blue or Brewster Green though I'm pretty sure my wife will have a fit

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
As I understand it so far, custom paint and Paint to sample differ in that the former is a lengthy list of color choices that Porsche already has pre approved for you to choose from.. The latter is basically you bringing in any color of your choice and Porsche R&D working to see if that can be applied to the car. Once approved, it can be done. Because of the additional research involved, PTS is double the cost of custom paint according to the configurator :s
Yes, for new paint, a feasibility study is required which can take over a year. If its rejected, you get our $22k fully refunded.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Have a 2022 build with a freeze date in 10 days, one option still confused about is the remote park assist in the 2022 configurator, does one get all the features of the remote park assist if the technology package is selected as seems the remote park assist have multiple items or one only gets active park assist that is shown in the technology package.
How can I tell what my freeze date is?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Daned - as far as I understand it, the new remote parking assist option includes cross traffic warning, exit warning and maneuvering assist - none of these are included in the Active parking Assist (incl in Tech pkg) and Lane Change Assist (incl in Premium pkg).
My build w/delivery scheduled for Nov is a 2022 model but decided so far not to include this remote parking option. More critically (and a totally different topic!), with the 2022 model they seemed to have ironed out issues with the 19.2kW onboard charger which I think I will be including at this point!
Sponsored