First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo with PP, ordered Taycan CT 4s
Country flag
Good morning all

yesterday I had the privilege of using my local dealerships Porsche Taycan CT for the day. **the ice grey one below **my CT is due for production starting 6th Oct and hopefully will be with me early November

on returning the car I parked next to a plethora of different Taycans of varying Grey colours. i hope it helps you in choosing the right colour

from the top down (ice grey, white, volcano grey, x2 crayon, Dolomite silver)

Porsche Taycan Different Greys on Taycans 68282F9C-97C6-4C27-8571-7D90409A3EF9
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Good morning all

yesterday I had the privilege of using my local dealerships Porsche Taycan CT for the day. **the ice grey one below **my CT is due for production starting 6th Oct and hopefully will be with me early November

on returning the car I parked next to a plethora of different Taycans of varying Grey colours. i hope it helps you in choosing the right colour

from the top down (ice grey, white, volcano grey, x2 crayon, Dolomite grey)

68282F9C-97C6-4C27-8571-7D90409A3EF9.jpeg
Dolomite Silver (not grey).

Good to see the others though and a potential safety net for those considering paying extra for Ice Grey which is really another white (as it is on other VW models).

Crayon is too beige for my likely so the standouts are Dolomite and Volcano....white looks good in the showroom though and in particular on the CT.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Crayon is not too beige for me, but my wife wanted (too) beige :giggle:
#happy wife, happy life

OP
OP
IainSmith

IainSmith

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Funny enough, i see what your saying about the ice grey, but I’m person it looks superb!

here is a close up of it again

also the gloss back skirting and lower bumper trim for £245 looks great over the standard brushed steel look

Porsche Taycan Different Greys on Taycans 4D6E8D7C-65B4-4244-BF5B-390483ED98CD

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I've seen ice grey at the dealer, but I'd still choose crayon.
vulcano is to dark for me, but I couldn't explain why I don't like ice grey.
dolomite is nice, but... nah, crayon looks better for me.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Funny enough, i see what your saying about the ice grey, but I’m person it looks superb!

here is a close up of it again

also the gloss back skirting and lower bumper trim for £245 looks great over the standard brushed steel look

4D6E8D7C-65B4-4244-BF5B-390483ED98CD.jpeg
Oh damn that looks GOOD!

I was impressed with Ice Gray on the sedan when I saw it at my local dealer. Get rid of the black wheels on that car and it will be ??

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Dolomite Silver (not grey).

Good to see the others though and a potential safety net for those considering paying extra for Ice Grey which is really another white (as it is on other VW models).

Crayon is too beige for my likely so the standouts are Dolomite and Volcano....white looks good in the showroom though and in particular on the CT.
Ice Grey is not white at all. If you see it next to white or even on its own, you would know its not even close to white. The only time you might make that wrong assumption is in the brightest of sunshine - which is not that common in the UK anyway (unfortunately).

The only decent Silver from Porsche is GT Silver which is not available on the Taycan and the Volcano Grey is a bit ordinary (German car colour) and does not allow the design cues to stand out (IMO) but its all preference at the end of the day...

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
that dolomite silver looks incredible … so classy

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Interesting that people see Ice Grey quite differently. I *do* see it as a variation of white - my Turbo is Carrara White, I had an Ice Grey saloon the other day at PEC Silverstone and it just looked like a more metallic White to me. Which is a good thing, for me at least - my white just looks a little too flat. If I'm buying again, it would be Ice Grey.
Crayon just looks too beige on the Taycan in my eyes. Looks great on the Macan though, that's what my wife has already picked for her Macan EV!

OP
OP
IainSmith

IainSmith

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve always viewed Ice Grey as a variation of white also. It definitely is on the grey side of white! Here in Arizona with our bright sun , the grey is not as strong and the white metallic stands out!
5646C564-CBB1-4377-BB5C-51CB2342AAD2.jpeg
8577ABB7-AA00-40F8-92A8-2A4644364C97.jpeg
EE394ACF-8BA2-493D-AF10-71EA2D91B354.jpeg
BD78A0D5-F5DA-4B2F-9D56-7A7836665F93.jpeg
Your Taycan looks superb! It’s an awesome machine.
I’ve ordered the ice grey in my CT. I’m counting down the days to when it arrives.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ice Grey is not white at all. If you see it next to white or even on its own, you would know its not even close to white. The only time you might make that wrong assumption is in the brightest of sunshine - which is not that common in the UK anyway (unfortunately).

The only decent Silver from Porsche is GT Silver which is not available on the Taycan and the Volcano Grey is a bit ordinary (German car colour) and does not allow the design cues to stand out (IMO) but its all preference at the end of the day...
I've seen it in the flesh and still classify it as white / Milk of Magnesia (sorry) and certainly not a colour to command a premium price when obvious ones are missing such as GT Silver.

All preference indeed

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I chose Dolomite Silver because I believe it's the closest one to the traditional Porsche Silver color. There isn't a day that goes by, I don't stop and stare, happily at the color choice. I normally go black, but I didn't want to miss the details on the headlights, that unfortunately, with darker colors disappear...

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I’ve always viewed Ice Grey as a variation of white also. It definitely is on the grey side of white! Here in Arizona with our bright sun , the grey is not as strong and the white metallic stands out!
5646C564-CBB1-4377-BB5C-51CB2342AAD2.jpeg
8577ABB7-AA00-40F8-92A8-2A4644364C97.jpeg
EE394ACF-8BA2-493D-AF10-71EA2D91B354.jpeg
BD78A0D5-F5DA-4B2F-9D56-7A7836665F93.jpeg
Isn't ice gray a metallic version of Chalk/Crayon?

I love the Chalk. My GF described Chalk as the color of concrete

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I drove that ice grey CT4S and placed an order there and then!
Sponsored