OP
kort

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
So in other words, the charging infrastructure is still a shitshow and can't be relied on?
especially for a small group of owners like me who have a flaw baked into the car.
EA is apparently still a work in progress.
like I noted, that Wilmington DE stop was illuminating, all those other brands of EVs having issues getting charged. Amazingly I got 2 charging sessions going without needing to call EA.
Sponsored

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Question: Do you leave the car "on" when charging like @kort was mentioning? I think he might be onto something regarding how to charge.
I’m obviously in park mode but the car is still on when I plug it in. Then lock it once it’s charging

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
especially for a small group of owners like me who have a flaw baked into the car.
I'm sorry, what is the baked in flaw? It's unclear to me what specific part of your build pertains to this charging issue. I thought your experience reflected the reliability of the charging stations, not something with your car?

OP
OP
kort

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm sorry, what is the baked in flaw? It's unclear to me what specific part of your build pertains to this charging issue. I thought your experience reflected the reliability of the charging stations, not something with your car?
it's a bit of both, the car has failed to charge on EA units that other cars just charged on. it has to do with the 19.2 kw onboard charger that causes conflicts with DC charging

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great info from both @kort and @Genau!

I've got a trip planed to Portland, OR from Seattle, and will be testing EA chargers out along the way simply to establish whether they work or not - probably stop in Lacey since they have a 350KW EA charger. Then again at Three Rivers Mall in Longview since it also advertises an EA 350KW.

I don't use WhatsApp (don't trust Facebook), but perhaps we could set up a Signal Group to allow for Taycan travelers to connect with local Taycan owners in a pinch?
Sponsored

Last edited: