Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
Took delivery yesterday at Porsche Cambridge’s building site (sorry, showroom). Good handover from the expert, George.

a few dodgy iPhone photos just to get the ball rolling and I’ll update with more artistic ones as and when.
Porsche Taycan MAMBA GREEN Taycan Club C76511FD-0CFF-437B-98AB-FB4FEF779016
Porsche Taycan MAMBA GREEN Taycan Club F1641A8C-F6FC-43C4-ACF1-2291F71349B6
Porsche Taycan MAMBA GREEN Taycan Club 61326182-3EB6-4DEC-BA63-09F47F80C2EB
Porsche Taycan MAMBA GREEN Taycan Club 0F72AD9B-BFF0-47E8-A951-58DDE5D89B9D
Porsche Taycan MAMBA GREEN Taycan Club 27BBF3F8-EBE6-4433-9142-1CD495474182

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Another MGM on its way to the UK soon; just clicked over to step 4/5.
63dd2a5847ac6d657e6b9291.jpeg
63dd631b47ac6d657e6b94a7.jpeg
63dd576147ac6d657e6b942c.jpeg
63dd635847ac6d657e6b94ab.jpeg
When the sun shines on MGM it is simply spectacular!

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thank God I have the right car for Saint Patrick's Day as I am far too lazy to sort green items of clothing or beer (blech).

IMG_5786.jpeg

IMG_5852.jpeg
You do realise only the Yanks do St Paddy’s day. All the politicians from Ireland and Northern Ireland are in America

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
You do realise only the Yanks do St Paddy’s day. All the politicians from Ireland and Northern Ireland are in America
Oh God, what a coincidence that I’m a Yank living in the US! How lucky for me 🍀.
;)

Also, if my sarcasm isn’t clear enough, I was indeed ridiculing this pathetic excuse to get plastered and wear "Kiss me I'm Irish" pins in the US.

But It did give me a reason to post a gratuitous picture of glorious Mamba green

P.S. Looking at these pictures reminds me how happy I am that I swapped out the stock orange turn signals in the US with the European spec clear ones. Much better.

Porsche Taycan MAMBA GREEN Taycan Club IMG_6538

Porsche Taycan MAMBA GREEN Taycan Club IMG_4392

Porsche Taycan MAMBA GREEN Taycan Club IMG_4326

Porsche Taycan MAMBA GREEN Taycan Club IMG_4325

Porsche Taycan MAMBA GREEN Taycan Club IMG_4324

Last edited:

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
First thoughts, good and not so, plus a cheeky photo of the Bogey Bus next to the Turbo S which (very) sadly was sold yesterday to a friend after I eventually realised that I don't have enough time, space or backsides to play with all the toys :crying:

Good
- absolute head turner: I've had people wave me down in the street asking me what it is & taking photos next to it. Even left my MiL sitting in the car one day and she had to explain what a Porsche EV was to some youngsters as they took photos (she's nearly 80 but made a good fist of it)

- charging & range: very straightforward to charge, only issue I had was with my newly-installed home charge point where its internal settings meant the car couldn't charge. Regards range, other than a few v v low miles to go in the first week (sub 5 on one occassion) I've found the range v useable for both long and med journies - key is starting with a fully charged batter. Charge levels - as this is through my work scheme I am just charging to 100%, someone else can play the games up to 85% only after I've had it.

- power: the power range that is most useful for me has always been in the 20-60mph zone (I am not all about speed, that's what motorbikes are for), and this car does that in spades. The RWD was definitely the right model choice for our needs.

- cabin space: stacks of room in the front, kids in the back (12, 14, 16 yr olds) all have plenty of room.

- comfort: spec'd it with 8 way memory pack, and it was the right choice for me. Seats really comfortable, leg position great. Everything is within easy reach

- sound: I spec'd, but didn't receive BOSE, and my choice to go with the base stereo (having tried it b2b with a BOSE prep'd taycan) was the right way forward for us. The quietness of the car makes everything I listen to (techno, rave, rock, audio books, Teams/tele calls) so easy. I haven't got it up to anyway near full volume because I don't need to

- handling: not as sharp as my 911 (but it's not a thoroughbred sports car) but it handles really well for a sports wagon. V limited roll, grip is great, and I do like the way its backside twitches a little when you give it the minerals coming out of a corner :rock:

- interior pieces: pano roof (love it but wouldn't see the benefit in the uk for the dynamic light one). SWMBO and the kids love the comfort interior lighting that changes with the music. IT connection points e.g. USBs, all well placed an sufficient. 5th seat - functional, nothing more

Not so good (and these are minor winges!)
- main driver display: I'd like this to be more customisable so I can move the time and temp so I can actually see it

- device connection: seem less instant and somewhat flakey when compared to other modern cars I've driven in that it won't always connect my phone (e.g. toyota, it just works very quickly)

- reversing camera: :ontheloo:

Porsche Taycan MAMBA GREEN Taycan Club Taycan and 911_before sale