🎨 PTS: PAINT TO SAMPLE Taycan Club & Photos Thread

Promotype

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne (current) Taycan (on order)
Country flag
I guess this must be Slate Grey7015, as opposed to Slate Grey6601 which on the configurator looks much darker?

I placed an 'order' (paid GBP 5k for the privilege of being on the waiting list!) for a new GTS in Frozen Blue but as my wife hates it I'm seriously considering Slate Grey7015.

On the configurator (and bearing in mind monitor colour profiles) it looks to me very close to Nardo Grey. Perhaps Slate Grey7015 has a tint of blue, whereas Nardo has more yellow? So difficult!

Slate Grey7015:

iris.jpeg

Nardo Grey:

iris.jpeg
Yes the one I posted is Slate Grey 7015, here is the original post theyve done on Instagram:

I would never judge a colour solely by how the configurator renders it, it will always be off a bit IMHO. In fact, even pictures are deceiving sometimes. If you can, try and see it in person!

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
How would PTS affect your specific delivery ETA (I guess it could go either way)?
PS has your wife seen FB on the metal? It's one of the colours that aren't reproduced well
on the configurator and it can get oversaturated by digital photography auto-"optimisation".
Haha, no, wifey's not seen the colour in the metal! However she dislikes blue cars generally despite thinking my Gentian 4S is 'sort of OK'. I chose Frozen Blue as I did have the pleasure of seeing one in the metal whilst charging at Ionity in Chippenham, and I agree, it's a really difficult colour to appreciate fully from the configurator, or indeed from photos.

I did ask my dealer whether choosing a PTS colour would increase my waiting time, and the answer was 'yes, probably'. However as the wait is currently 12-18 months and awful lot can happen in the meantime, they said they'd update when they were closer to getting an allocation. This would perhaps be annoying if it weren't for the fact that I've already got my perfect car (except it's not a GTS!)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I did ask my dealer whether choosing a PTS colour would increase my waiting time, and the answer was 'yes, probably'. However as the wait is currently 12-18 months and awful lot can happen in the meantime, they said they'd update when they were closer to getting an allocation. This would perhaps be annoying if it weren't for the fact that I've already got my perfect car (except it's not a GTS!)
With those timescales, the stars might align for you and doing PTS could actually accelerate your delivery, depending on the frequency of PTS runs- good luck!

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
To get PTS your dealers allocation has to fall within a PTS month. My dealers had to trade out their November 2021 allocation for a December one in order to get my Voodoo Blue Turbo S done. The change had to be approved by Porsche as well.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Genuine question...... Are PTS 'months' still being used? Other forums seem to think the PTS lead-in is +3 months (as per configurator) - and in fact Porsche are now doing PTS more-or-less all year round.

If fixed PTS months are still being adhered to..... Anyone know which months these are for Taycan?

My OPC says my recent PTS build estimate (from Porsche) of December 22 (already 3 months early from original estimate of March 23 given to me last October) - has now come forward to October - but he adds .....'don't hold your breath' - especially for delivery.....

But if Dec is the next PTS month, then I guess their October PTS build estimate is spurious? Why would Porsche bring forward a PTS build to a non-PTS month - even tentatively?

Cheers

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Whatever PTS colour this is, it is absolutely stunning (quite sure it is not G Blue as that colour is a lot richer):

Anyone know what the colour is - or is it exclusive to the 911 R Sport Classic?
That's Gentian. It's one of only four colors the Sport Classic will come in.

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
Slate 7015 is epic in person. One of my favorite Porsche colors.
Thanks Peter, good to know!

The next question therefore is whether it's epic enough to outlay the extra $$$ 🤔

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Unfortunately not mine 😭 Taycan Sport Turismo in my dream color Amethyst Metallic 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰
If my memory serves me correctly, that used to be a standard (or special but not PTS) on Panamera, right ?

KumaYama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aston Martin DBS, Tycan GTS Sport Turismo PTS 2023
Country flag
Beautiful in dark shades 👌😄
Sponsored