MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
right on spot about the prices, and based on the new macan, more included options are assume and actually less than what I expected. overall I do like the first generation design of the taycan more and happy with my current car!
A $23,000 surplus over the last Turbo? Damn
Sponsored

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
Updated 2025 US pricing compared to current:

2025 Taycan: $99,400 ($92,550)
2025 Taycan 4S: $118,500 ($113,350)
2025 Taycan Turbo: $173,600 ($162,450)
2025 Taycan Turbo S: $209,000 ($196,550)
2025 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo: $111,100 ($103,550)
2025 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo: $125,200 ($119,850)
2025 Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo: $176,300 ($165,050)
2025 Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo: $211,700 ($199,150)

KBEV

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Certainly a great refresh, save the front lights....I wonder whether Mamba Green Metallic will be available again. I look forward to trading into better tires on my 2020 4S...the Michelin 4s's are great but noisy once slightly worn. I plan to keep my legacy Taycan until 2030, but will be back in the market when the Cayman E is available.
Looks like shade green (s/t color) and oak green neo will be the green colors

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
(I didn't say it is a mockup, just that they'd much rather show a mockup or a fixed demo than old software. This is the time to shine. C'mon, you said you work in software; demos are always a) better and b) most important aspect.)
Well if the refresh Taycan comes with PCM hardware that has already been replaced I think that's an issue, at least for me. It is true that there is no mention of Android Automotive in any press materials, but it's a bit vague overall. Hopefully we see a video from Kyle that clarifies it, or shows us the new route planner performance or some other hints about the PCM hardware.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Ok, the ONE thing I was looking for was manually controlled A/C vents. And that's not there?? I'm surprised. But somehow the temp is always perfect in my car anyway, even through this frigid winter, so I'll let it go.

Not a fan of the front, I like my cars curvy and spaceshippy. But all's well, glad they're doing stuff that the rest of you say is good. Taycan forever! :D

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
13% bigger battery likely means a similar increase in the weight of the pack.

Oooof, since the Taycan was already "Zaftig", with a capital "Zaf"! ;-)

Not a fan of systems that require extra actions to access full power (push-to-pass).

The charging speed looks pretty spectacular though! (with a working DCFC and the right conditions...thisisarecording)
Not sure you have to push the button access full power. If it's like in my Cayenne, it allows me to access the full 630hp without moving from normal to sport or sport+. The Cayenne gives me a boost for 30 seconds and then resorts back to normal when the timer expires or I push the button again.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Ah, there it is: " A soft-close function for the doors is available on request for all body and performance variants." (from The equipment - Porsche Newsroom).

Ye, of little faith; Porsche have been lurking around here, and I'm sure they've taken loads of notes for the refresh.
Yep, they must have seen the hood emblem on my Taycan and decided they they liked how it looked so much, they even added fake tears under the headlights to attempt to match my Taycan look, but only for Taycans with monochrome badge of course. :CWL:
Porsche Taycan 🚨 2025 Taycan Officially Revealed! Specs, Wallpaper Photos, Videos & US Pricing 1707300554516

No mention of a new heater though, funny that they would miss the many, many comments about the heaters. :confused:

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The charging speed looks pretty spectacular though! (with a working DCFC and the right conditions...thisisarecording)
In other words, the charging speed will be of real value to 2025 Taycan buyers in 2035. A resale value turbo boost (with a 10 year spool-up time).

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
This PDF presentation answers a lot of questions about where the extra range comes from for J1 II: Taycan PA Technic Presentation PDF

Source: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/press-kits/taycan.html

Don’t remember reading any work related presentation with this type of enthusiasm. Consumed that technical presentation like a hungry tiger consumes meat 😍

Couple higlights/questions:

1- does this mean there is only 1 rear motor going forward? (No smaller unit for RWD and 4S)? Looks like the bigger turbo rear motor is now smaller and will be common rear unit across the range. That explains the huge torque jump in RWD. Could not see the numbers but one graph implies at least a 25% jump on RWD torque, which explains the 4.5 sec 0-60

2- In the waterfall chart explaining weight difference, there is +8 kg for comfort reasons. What could that be? More sound isolation?

3- the spider web chart explaining suspension dynamics is very interesting but looks like the suspension is gaining low speed comfort, which is amazing given how comfortable the base suspension already is

4- there is no launch control power increase for the rwd model anymore. So full power available all times (Which is so nice, and makes sense if they already put the larger motor, detuned, in rwd).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting that the 48V system has been removed. I know that in my car the PDCC option uses 48V. Did anything else?

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 00.56.24.png
IIRC only Taycans with PDCC had the 48V option. It sounds like PDCC was replaced by Porsche Active Ride, no? Interesting that PAR only on all wheel drive models, perhaps they utilize motor torque as part of the stabilization mechanism instead of 48V power.

As a side note, when buying the Taycan, based on a number of conversations with SA's, I fully expected PDCC to do what PAR is purported to do. I was rather disappointed when I realized PDCC only stabilizes left-right tilt, not forward/backwards, especially given how hard it is to slowly inch then brake a Taycan when parking without the forward/backwards swinging.

Last edited:

Mikegrr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sl550, corvette c7
Country flag
I sure would like to see a side by side pic of the original and the refresh. It’s difficult to see the extent of the changes. Interior looks similar also.
Sponsored