WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I was wondering about that too, but are we sure they blocked the airway? I was thinking maybe they found a way of making electric doors happen without blocking it (and made it standard as a result)
Not sure, I'm starting from the assumption that the door mechanism wasn't redesigned. The videos I watched did not mention this, only that power doors are standard. More than road tests, I'm looking forward to seeing one of these in person.
Sponsored

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
@Avantgarde @whitex Iā€™d recommend watching the autogefuehl video on the refreshed taycan (link in the first post of this thread). It includes a short drive, demoing the Active Suspension in ā€˜sportā€™ mode (anti-dive, -squat and level side-to-side), as well as ā€˜comfortā€™ (banking with the turns). Push-to-pass (if optioned) is available in any mode.

I picked a few other interesting bits:
- the power meter graphics are a bit more subdued
- the center compartment lid is unchanged
- that, and the DPC videos give a better sense of the exterior changes

Edit: oh, and that lighted lettering at the rear is just ghastly. Iā€™d pay to have it disabled.
Thanks I already watched autogefuehl first thing as well :) That guy points out to odd details so my first go to haha.

The thing is It does not look like push-to-pass apply to RWD (how much I would love to have it in mine!). From the presentation it looks like now they simply have 1 power level for RWD, no push to pass or launch control. For Turbo S they have 3 different power levels, standard, push to pass and launch control.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I donā€™t care about the range increase, bigger battery, or the change in the looks (definitely worse).

Just please tell me they added some fluorescent paint on the dials so I can tell the time on the Porsche design clock?

IMG_8819.jpeg
Same complaint. Looks good in pictures. I can see them during the day a little, and none at all at night. I was thinking shining a bright light source on them to charge the hands.

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
New prices on Taycan II make used Taycan to be happy to own. Hopefully, Porsche put confident to the loyal customers.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag

JRemy

First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S & 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Country flag
I see acceleration and HP specs on the base and Turbo S- but do we know the specs on the new 4S?

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I personally think kudos to Porsche for larger batter, better range and more efficiency. The reworked body is OK, very much in line with Porsche design evolution rather than revolution. But the price is wow! I priced a 4S to the same specification as my GTS and it was over Ā£15,000 more than what i paid. I am really happy just to stay with my GTS. And if they decide not to make a GTS again for the Taycan II, well it can hopefully only be positive for my residual value....

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I think what we're seeing is the J1 platform poking through. Android Automotive is for the shared platform cars for the time being. I expect we'll see Porsche announce that many (but not all) of the features of the new infotainment system will be made available to the older Taycan's by way of a new "big update". Like the new online-based charging route planner, navigation filter options etc.

We won't see youtube streaming in passenger display ā€“ due to the lack of the hardware distraction filter.

We'll probably see the "tube" updates in the driver display ā€“ though not the new 3D assistance systems display option ā€“ as that likely requires new hardware sensors.
Kyle confirmed in his video that it's the old PCM in the refresh. That does increase the chance that the software changes could come to existing Taycan owners. Personally though, that puts me off the refresh and I think I'll go Macan Turbo + 718 Electric. Confirming my Macan Turbo order with my dealer today.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
i disagree, this is nothing like the ice equivalent. This is new territory for all automotive manufacturers, with significant range increases over the outgoing models and the massive depreciation how can they expect people to buy the new version. An ice refresh might get some trim changes maybe a power bump but range isnā€™t even a consideration, here it plays a significant part.
Range surely wasn't a consideration when you bought yours, otherwise why did you buy it?

I was happy with what the Taycan can do last September when I bought mine.

The advent of new shiny that can do 50 miles more (maybe) doesn't change that.

The parallel I gave with ICE, 997.1 to 997.2 was way more than a bit of trim and a power bump. It was a massive change. Some incrementals are like that (Ferrari 348 to 355 is another example). Some aren't. Same will be the case with EVs.

Progress is progress. People want to make the position with EVs somehow different. It simply isn't outside of the mind of the people who might be peeved. But that whole "damn you, it's now obsolete" attitude is what drives manufacturers (of *any* product) to shorten their cycles because they know the market wants new shiny. Even if the prior version still does exactly what it did when it was purchased and the requirement hasn't really changed.

The mk1 is still fundamentally a great car. The new one does not change that at all. But if you're the sort of person that is always looking for the next new thing, whether you really need it or not, then you're always going to be disappointed.

That's not a criticism. Lots of people are that way and it's fine (not least of which because those prepared to buy used get some great bargains!). But there's no point being outraged as that sort of approach is what is driving the (manufacturers') behaviour itself. They're in your head, making you think that what you have is "obsolete" so you must chase something new, when what you have hasn't changed and still does all it does when you chose it :)

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I was wondering about that too, but are we sure they blocked the airway? I was thinking maybe they found a way of making electric doors happen without blocking it (and made it standard as a result)
And then decided to put fake vents on the rear just to ensure there were some fake ones somewhere....

:D

(I hate fake vents. Fiesta donuts slapping Halfords tat on their cars get laughed it...).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Having said that, it was also mentioned that they do serve an aerodynamic purpose, presumably because they detach the air flow from the otherwise curved rear bumper.
So Turbo is in fact more aerodynamic than the lower trims then? Do we know the drag coefficients?

Last edited:

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Range surely wasn't a consideration when you bought yours, otherwise why did you buy it?

I was happy with what the Taycan can do last September when I bought mine.

The advent of new shiny that can do 50 miles more (maybe) doesn't change that.

The parallel I gave with ICE, 997.1 to 997.2 was way more than a bit of trim and a power bump. It was a massive change. Some incrementals are like that (Ferrari 348 to 355 is another example). Some aren't. Same will be the case with EVs.

Progress is progress. People want to make the position with EVs somehow different. It simply isn't outside of the mind of the people who might be peeved. But that whole "damn you, it's now obsolete" attitude is what drives manufacturers (of *any* product) to shorten their cycles because they know the market wants new shiny. Even if the prior version still does exactly what it did when it was purchased and the requirement hasn't really changed.

The mk1 is still fundamentally a great car. The new one does not change that at all. But if you're the sort of person that is always looking for the next new thing, whether you really need it or not, then you're always going to be disappointed.

That's not a criticism. Lots of people are that way and it's fine (not least of which because those prepared to buy used get some great bargains!). But there's no point being outraged as that sort of approach is what is driving the (manufacturers') behaviour itself. They're in your head, making you think that what you have is "obsolete" so you must chase something new, when what you have hasn't changed and still does all it does when you chose it :)
100% out cars are still the same ones we bought. I donā€™t get the rants tbh, albeit I am slightly surprised that Porsche managed that many improvements in a refresh on the same platform. I mean I guess I shouldnā€™t be because they are Porsche, but whatever :CWL: Annoyingly I actually really like the new 21ā€ Aero wheels when I didnā€™t like any of the designs other than the GTS wheels previously and they arenā€™t great with range šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ Iā€™ll be enjoying my car until I think about getting something new
Sponsored