0% Charge

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
No; you should try to avoid getting below 20% if at all possible to maximize battery life. While there is some question about whether charging to 100% is bad, there is very little dispute about whether this is.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
No; you should try to avoid getting below 20% if at all possible to maximize battery life. While there is some question about whether charging to 100% is bad, there is very little dispute about whether this is.
My beloved Taycan is broken. Itā€™s finally my turn after zero issues since buying it last year. Wonā€™t charge at allā€¦ had it towed to the dealer yesterday at a 15% charge, and watched them working on it, driving it, trying to charge it a bunch of times, working on it again, trying the charge again, etc., (of course I see it all, where itā€™s parked and all the charging errors, in the app). Now itā€™s down to 0% and parked outside in the back lot. No diagnosis yet. šŸ˜”

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
My beloved Taycan is broken. Itā€™s finally my turn after zero issues since buying it last year. Wonā€™t charge at allā€¦ had it towed to the dealer yesterday at a 15% charge, and watched them working on it, driving it, trying to charge it a bunch of times, working on it again, trying the charge again, etc., (of course I see it all, where itā€™s parked and all the charging errors, in the app). Now itā€™s down to 0% and parked outside in the back lot. No diagnosis yet. šŸ˜”
Sorry to hear this! Hoping this gets sorted for you soon!

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Sorry to hear your car is feeling ill. Hopefully it is something simple and gets sorted out very soon. Good luck!

Reactions: 007
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Sorry to hear your car is feeling ill. Hopefully it is something simple and gets sorted out very soon. Good luck!
It the season where sicknesses are coming. I just hope this bug is not contagious šŸ˜·

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Agreed! You know, it could just be that the car is upset with you since you were considering chopping its top and rear doors off to make it into a convertible, which are for posers. Just saying.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Agreed! You know, it could just be that the car is upset with you since you were considering chopping its top and rear doors off to make it into a convertible, which are for posers. Just saying.
šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø karma

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
I would love to see the authoritative source for this. I have always read that you should not let the battery sit (even overnight) at less than 20%. I have never read that you cannot or should not discharge below 20%. I have even read on this forum that one of the eleven certified battery techs in the US recommends letting the battery sit occasionally at 10%-15% as it will force the BMS to discover battery issue's that may go undetected if the battery is not monitored below 20% for some length of time.
Sponsored