1 yr...25k miles ... Complimentary 20k miles service ....

Satiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My journey with Taycan began exactly a year ago. A year later with 25k miles , she's still going good .

She's my daily driver and often use EA charging , all seems to work as expected . We had a long drive to Toronto and back (from New Jersey) , Porsche charging planner helped planning charging stops .

Due to my schedules, couldn't get 20k miles service done on time. Took it to the dealership at 25k and asked them just to do the brake flush alone. They informed me that the first service aka 20k miles service is complementary. I wasn't aware of that. It was a pleasant surprise. They covered multi point inspection, brake flush and the cabin filter .

Got a 2023 brand new Taycan as a loner as well 😁. Overall very happy with the service . Typical cost to do brake flush is $600 at that dealership. Tires are still half way through .

A year later with 25k miles, I do feel some very minor rattling if I were drive over a bumpy roads. Besides that she's beautiful, fast and amazing !
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
As far as I know, it is not complimentary. Please share any documentation how you were able to pull this off. The only services that are would be 10k miles for Macan and Cayenne, for example, and it is listed under Standard Equipment when configuring so that is a sure thing.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
My journey with Taycan began exactly a year ago. A year later with 25k miles , she's still going good .

She's my daily driver and often use EA charging , all seems to work as expected . We had a long drive to Toronto and back (from New Jersey) , Porsche charging planner helped planning charging stops .

Due to my schedules, couldn't get 20k miles service done on time. Took it to the dealership at 25k and asked them just to do the brake flush alone. They informed me that the first service aka 20k miles service is complementary. I wasn't aware of that. It was a pleasant surprise. They covered multi point inspection, brake flush and the cabin filter .

Got a 2023 brand new Taycan as a loner as well 😁. Overall very happy with the service . Typical cost to do brake flush is $600 at that dealership. Tires are still half way through .

A year later with 25k miles, I do feel some very minor rattling if I were drive over a bumpy roads. Besides that she's beautiful, fast and amazing !
I am in NJ, what dealership do you use?

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
How was the charging situation in Canada? I contemplated making the drive but looking at PlugShare it doesn’t look like there’s much (or any) fast charging in the Toronto area.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
As far as I know, it is not complimentary. Please share any documentation how you were able to pull this off. The only services that are would be 10k miles for Macan and Cayenne, for example, and it is listed under Standard Equipment when configuring so that is a sure thing.
Complimentary in the sense of being in NJ, wearing a pinky ring and track suit and casually mentioning "be a real shame if something happened to all these beautiful glass windows..."

OP
OP

Satiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I wasn't aware of such complimentary service either until I was told by the service advisor. Why to refuse when they offer at free of charge ? LoL 😁.

Btw, I purchased as a certified vehicle with 1500 miles . Not sure if that makes qualifies for the first service to be free . Attaching the service order .

Porsche Taycan 1 yr...25k miles ... Complimentary 20k miles service .... 20230824_134108

OP
OP

Satiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
How was the charging situation in Canada? I contemplated making the drive but looking at PlugShare it doesn’t look like there’s much (or any) fast charging in the Toronto area.
I was bit nervous as well. Choose Electrify Canada as one was closer to me with good charging speed. To my pleasant surprise , it was just plug and charge. It recognized the VIN and accounted for free charge !!!. Speed was between 55 to 85 .

During the drive I used Evolve NY stations, part of EA network. Just plug & charge, free charging as well. Charging speed was very good. At one location it topped at 205!

Porsche Taycan 1 yr...25k miles ... Complimentary 20k miles service .... Screenshot_20230824_133049_Gallery

Porsche Taycan 1 yr...25k miles ... Complimentary 20k miles service .... Screenshot_20230824_133017_Gallery

Porsche Taycan 1 yr...25k miles ... Complimentary 20k miles service .... Screenshot_20230824_133150_Gallery

Porsche Taycan 1 yr...25k miles ... Complimentary 20k miles service .... Screenshot_20230824_133204_Gallery

Porsche Taycan 1 yr...25k miles ... Complimentary 20k miles service .... Screenshot_20230824_133125_Gallery

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
I was bit nervous as well. Choose Electrify Canada as one was closer to me with good charging speed. To my pleasant surprise , it was just plug and charge. It recognized the VIN and accounted for free charge !!!. Speed was between 55 to 85 .

During the drive I used Evolve NY stations, part of EA network. Just plug & charge, free charging as well. Charging speed was very good. At one location it topped at 205!

Screenshot_20230824_133049_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230824_133017_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230824_133150_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230824_133204_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230824_133125_Gallery.jpg
Thanks!! I guess that’s the one at Mccowan and Sheppard? I was out in Richmond Hill and there were absolutely zero chargers around. It was either the Scarborough one or all the way in Halton Hills. Pretty appalling. I know there was another fast charger at Bayview and Sheppard, but generally the charging infrastructure (ex Tesla) is pretty atrocious.

OP
OP

Satiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks!! I guess that’s the one at Mccowan and Sheppard? I was out in Richmond Hill and there were absolutely zero chargers around. It was either the Scarborough one or all the way in Halton Hills. Pretty appalling. I know there was another fast charger at Bayview and Sheppard, but generally the charging infrastructure (ex Tesla) is pretty atrocious.
Can't recillect the intersection but it's right next to Canadian Tire store . I used Google map to seatch & locate the charger

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Yeah, I just paid $800 for the 20k service. I’m pretty sure it’s not complimentary as I’m good friends with the GM and owner and know they would have told me.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag

I just did a 4 hour 180+ mile trip and ended with 20%, the lowest I’ve let it go. I was upset when we tried to stop at the Santa Rosa site that showed 4 EA chargers at a mall but couldn’t find the damned things in large shopping garages…and no one to talk to. A general location doesn’t help at all. I shoulda/coulda called EV directly but knew I had enough to get home. Bit still, that’s frustrating!!!
Sponsored