Kaytan

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I went to the trouble of setting this up and I have the “green dot”. While interesting, I am not convinced that this has anything to do with whether or not the car has a 12V battery.

Anyone have additional info on this?
Same here: I was able to set up the car in the My Porsche app and it shows the green dot. At the same time, my car is being held back at the port for another 3 weeks (presumably because of no 12V battery), it has been sitting there since 9/16. So I don't think that green dot = *final* 12V battery.
Sponsored

Last edited:

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Same here: I was able to set up the car in the My Porsche app and it shows the green dot. At the same time, my car is being held back at the port for another 3 weeks (presumably because of no 12V battery), it has been sitting there since 9/16. So I don't think that green dot = 12V battery.
I've reached the conclusion that the green dot means it has a battery but it may be just a generic "for transportation" 12V battery so they can move the car around the port and onto the vessel. It can probably tell you that it is actually on the vessel if the green dot is no longer there and the car lost connectivity to the Porsche server. So we may still have a stop sale if the actual 12V battery is not yet fitted.

Kaytan

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I've reached the conclusion that the green dot means it has a battery but it may be just a generic "for transportation" 12V battery so they can move the car around the port and onto the vessel. It can probably tell you that it is actually on the vessel if the green dot is no longer there and the car lost connectivity to the Porsche server. So we may still have a stop sale if the actual 12V battery is not yet fitted.
Yes, that makes a lot of sense.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I went to the trouble of setting this up and I have the “green dot”. While interesting, I am not convinced that this has anything to do with whether or not the car has a 12V battery.

Anyone have additional info on this?
Me neither, there is a good chance it just has a 12V slave battery anyway at a guess. I hadn’t noticed the green dot the earlier poster mentioned, so i though I’d look.
Later on yesterday it showed the standby icon.

Kodomochan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan rwd
Country flag
Waiting for 12v battery here as well and last update I got from the dealer is week 51 at the latest (August build date).

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I must’ve missed it but how can you “set the car up” in TYD prior to receiving it?

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
A piece of definite evidence that the car that rolled off the production line in September has a 12V battery fitted and is already in the UK customer's hand...

Porsche Taycan 12 Volt Battery Shortage IMG_0223

Porsche Taycan 12 Volt Battery Shortage IMG_0221

Porsche Taycan 12 Volt Battery Shortage IMG_0222

freeforall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
A piece of definite evidence that the car that rolled off the production line in September has a 12V battery fitted and is already in the UK customer's hand...

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg
This is strange. My car has been produced the 17th of September and it has the 12v battery issue. My dealership told me that is going to arrive tomorrow or Monday but I will need to wait extra 4 weeks for the battery to be delivered and mounted by the dealership...

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I remember when a poor naive fellow forum member thought that batteries will be fitted in the order that the cars were received. Man, what a time that was! My car was finished 7th of July, sitting around with two other Taycans in the same situation. Then again I am also from Romania and it would not be the first time I get a disadvantage because of my country.

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I remember when a poor naive fellow forum member thought that batteries will be fitted in the order that the cars were received. Man, what a time that was! My car was finished 7th of July, sitting around with two other Taycans in the same situation. Then again I am also from Romania and it would not be the first time I get a disadvantage because of my country.
Hold hope, my car was also from July and I am awaiting good news today. My dealer was told they're getting 2 whole batteries (lol) so there still seems to be a backlog.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hold hope, my car was also from July and I am awaiting good news today. My dealer was told they're getting 2 whole batteries (lol) so there still seems to be a backlog.
My guess is that cars which have been delivered to dealers without batteries will get batteries fairly quickly via their spares orders and, probably, because they are getting constant pressure from individual dealers.
Those cars stored somewhere in Germany will come out in "convenience for the storage facility" order which may have some relation to production date, but maybe not, and it could even mean those that went into storage first, and have been there longest, are right at the back with the least convenient access and be the last "rectified"
:(

Last edited:

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks! Hope dies last! Luckily my dealer invited me to drive test a Taycan 4S and I was reminded what I am waiting for, so I am happy to wait more now :)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! Hope dies last! Luckily my dealer invited me to drive test a Taycan 4S and I was reminded what I am waiting for, so I am happy to wait more now :)
I did the same.
I was thinking it was too annoying to wait, asked for a second test drive to remind myself why I ordered the car 15 months ago!
The sales executive at the dealer has been as helpful as possible but the allocation was still 6 months later than her more senior colleague suggested when I was discussing the order.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag

IMG_0223.jpg
Yeah, but that customer is clearly a Ninja or an Undead-Mummy-Thing, either way they don't do queues and who would want to give them disappointing news?